02. Devoured By Helminthes
03. Sky Funeral
04. Infernal Earth
05. Severe Pain
06. Interuterine Dilemms
07. Prepare To Die
08. The Plague
09. Vengeance Expectation

Back when these Ukrainians were 4 instead of 3, they released a full length called "Killing Absorption". This album received excellent reviews and it was re-released at least 3 different times; I have now in my hands the latest reissue of the album, the 2006 This Dark Reign's edition.

For those unfamiliar with Fleshgore (let's face it, this band only rotates in the underground scene?for now), they play Brutal Death Metal with a technical edge, not as explicit as Suffocation or Spawn Of Possession but close enough though(even more in their "May God Strike Me Dead" album).

As I said, I am reviewing the reissued material that was released by "This Dark Reign" records right after their second full-length arrived earlier this year, so I'll have to talk about it as well, I'll compare both albums and I'll dissect their features and I'll try to be as complete as one can. This album came few months after "May God Strike Me Dead", the label really wanted people to hear what the band did in the past, but I personally think this was a misstep. People was already thrilled by the band's newer album, they said it was edgy, technical, super-catchy, brutal and very tight; so if someone induces those newborn fanatics to buy this album, and they get nothing but Brutality and groove they'll be disappointed for sure.

I'm sure this album was a shivering experience back in 2003, they didn't have that much competition after all; but 2006 saw Suffocation, Deicide, Cannibal Corpse, Vader and many big names throwing great records to us, this album in particular won't be able to stand up in a battle with those bands. I am not saying this is a bad album, on the contrary, it has very good moments and it's great to hear what these guys could do with bad production and their unpolished minds writing music, in the end it's a very interesting half-hour that's for sure.

If you already picked "May God Strike Me Dead" and you now worship the band, buy this album to make your collection more complete; if you didn't buy that album you can try this one first?and then you'll get totally blown up. The rest of the people, the ones who can afford only one disc at a time and the ones who are looking for good underground bands, should probably be purchasing "Mat God Strike Me Dead" instead of reading a review.

Best Tracks: "Sky Funeral", "Vengeance Expectation", "Severe Pain"

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 7
Production: 7

Written by Herzebeth | 15.11.2006

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 12 users
16.11.2006 - 00:00
Black_Handed
A village idiot
well i have one album by this band: Interuterine Dilemmas. bit too grindy to me. i came upon this band on Brutal Assault (czech metal fest) website and it caught my attention instantly (sounded more deathish). anyway their stuff is pretty rare to find so i havent got any further yet
----

Cryptic Bleak Smurf of Ur
16.11.2006 - 15:40
JeNoZ

Good review, although this CD provides nothing groundbreaking, it still manages to entertain and cause severe neck traumas. Anyways, if you get a chance to check these dudes out live than do so, I saw them at Wacken since I got bored with opeth after about 15 seconds, so i headed into the tent, and these guys were pretty fucking good
----
16.11.2006 - 17:17
Herzebeth

Written by JeNoZ on 16.11.2006 at 15:40

Good review, although this CD provides nothing groundbreaking, it still manages to entertain and cause severe neck traumas. Anyways, if you get a chance to check these dudes out live than do so, I saw them at Wacken since I got bored with opeth after about 15 seconds, so i headed into the tent, and these guys were pretty fucking good

dude your small review is way better than mine "this CD provides nothing groundbreaking, it still manages to entertain and cause severe neck traumas" cheers man
----
28.11.2006 - 23:48
Rating: 7
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I own this one and May God Strike Me Dead and I like both of those albums quite a bit. Like Herz said, May God Strike Me Dead is better, but Killing Absorption is still asshole-tearing metal. MGSMD features better vocals (pig squeels \m/) and better songwriting, but Killing Absorption is still a must have for fans of brutal death metal.

Hits total: 3833 | This month: 7