Metal Storm logo
Electronic dance music

23.07.2012 - 23:57
vgmaster9

Besides metal and rock, I can say that EDM is another favorite genre of mine (though I do like other forms of electronic music). You countless subgenres like house, techno, trance, dubstep, breakbeat, jungle, drum n bass, electro, psytrance, UK garage, hardstyle, happy hardcore, gabber, downtempo, trip hop, acid jazz, ambient house, and so, so much more. I think it has much of a scene as metal does. I'm sure many of you have listened to EDM as well.
07.09.2012 - 23:35
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw

Frank Klepacki does all kinds of stuff. His electronic music is awesome. He also does rock, metal, funk, hip-hop, and fusions of all of those. He's the guy who made the soundtrack for the Command and Conquer games (every one of them before C&C 3).

If you like this song, you'd probably like Rocktronic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO5nKQHt7ZU

For metal, he's got Sonic Pain, Kill, Brain Dead, Vengeance Beast, The Reaping, and more.

I've been trying to get him on Metal Storm. His stuff is pretty cool.
----
21.10.2012 - 19:05
The Turbanator

Fucking love EDM these days. No idea where I should start. Alesso and Guetta did a show 2 weeks back in my hometown, it was epic. Also Avicii is coming in December, and Hardwell in March.

A State Of Trance too is going to be held here in Kuala Lumpur... Armin van Buuren will be playing. (1 day before Hardwell's show!)

Favorite artists : Swedish House Mafia, Alesso, Guetta, Dada Life, Yves V, Nari, Like Mike, Dmitri Vegas, Laidback Luke, Afrojack.

Such an epic genre.

Also, if you haven't seen (do it now!) :

----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
21.10.2012 - 21:53
FOOCK Nam

It is so incredible music genre with vast of variety : ) . Not only EDM itself, but when incorporated with metal, it is truly amazing, seeing how Windir have electronic elements in the music, bring great flavors : )
14.01.2013 - 13:36
emily66012@

Electronic dance music is electronic music produced primarily for the purposes of use within a nightclub setting, or in an environment that is centered in dance-based entertainment.
20.09.2016 - 21:26
3rdWorld
China was a neat
This may not be the right place for it but I didn't find any IDM/Electronic specific threads but this is whats so special about this apart from the regular warp spearheads like Autechre, Aphex Twin etc. Just listen to that awesome bass guitar playing, he may not be expertly proficient at it but he does know how to fuse it with his brand of IDM.