Metal Storm logo
3 Inches Of Blood in Calgary - 07/13/2012

Written by: Doc G., Lemski
Published: 24.07.2012

Chron Goblin
Facebook
The great thing about seeing a 3 Inches' show so close to their home turf, is that there is always going to be some local talent opening, and for the past few years, these local talents have actually been...well, talented! Last year we got Saskatchewan's Waster, this year it's the more immediately local Chron Goblin. These guys play a great brand of - you guessed it - stoner rock. Basically picture the youthful feel of Barn Burner meets the deep grooves of Down, and you've got a rough idea what these guys are all about.

Wretched
Here's where the crowd thinned out a bit, and I can't blame them. People come to see 3 Inches Of Blood, and amongst those a vast majority aren't really interested in extreme metal, and those who are aren't really interested in deathcore. There was a small pocket of fans who seemed to be be ecstatic with Wretched's performance, but as a whole the music being performed was lost on this crowd.

3 Inches Of Blood
It's incredible, despite stopping through Calgary on what almost feels like a bi-monthly basis, the crowd turn out for any 3 Inches Of Blood show seems to grow every time. The band seems to show their appreciation for this support with improving live performances each time - seriously, a solid performance from them say, 3 years ago, would seem incredibly tired compared to how they performed this night. It could very well be from their expanding catalogue - the lesser known tracks become less and less in the set list as the band produces more anthem type songs that go over extremely well with the crowd. The set list gets stronger, the crowd is more enthusiastic, and that energy is reciprocated. Clearly, 3 Inches' are a band that is welcome back in Calgary any time.

Written on 24.07.2012 by Former EIC. Now just a reviewer guy.

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 34 users
24.07.2012 - 14:56
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
It's feels great to see local talent been spotlighted. Great article btw.
24.07.2012 - 20:47
D.T. Metal

I will go as far as to say: 3 Inches Of Blood is welcome back to ANY town they play in.
Sounds like you had fun at the show!
25.07.2012 - 19:10
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Pissed off I missed their show due to my dad breaking his pelvis, I've always wanted to see them.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
26.07.2012 - 02:12
Stabby
Account deleted
Aww man, I should have gone to this. I have to mosh to Deadly Sinners some time before I die, it's completely necessary

Then again they'll just be back in a few months.
26.07.2012 - 09:44
brenson164

Their website is under construction!
----
Get free quote from licensed Local Handyman South West London

Hits total: 5592 | This month: 4