Metal Storm logo
Threshold - New Single Online

"Ashes", the brand new song from UK legendary progressive band Threshold can be heard below. This single is a radio-edit version while the one that will be featured on the album offers an additional two minutes of play time. "Ashes" comes off the band's new album March Of Progress, which will be available on August 24th via Nuclear Blast. More album details here.

The single can also be downloaded from the band's Nuclear Blast page.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Threshold
Posted: 25.07.2012 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 55 users
25.07.2012 - 22:56
DrM
DreaMutilated
First listen impression: Damian's range and depth is much more impressive than Mac's (R.I.P), whereas Mac's high-range was the better of the two. One can tell that Damian is having a bit more trouble with the higher range. With that in mind, I do get the sense that Damian's singing style here is reminiscent to Mac's, rather than his Extinct sound. Extinct didn't grow on me quickly, this did however. The range Damian brings is just what I was lacking in Dead Reckoning.

The musicianship is top notch, as always, no need to elaborate on that naturally

The file's compression ruins it a bit, can't wait for it to come out. Switching to headphones for further awesomeness.
26.07.2012 - 06:39
rafroes
Sounds good. I like the Damian's voice.

Seems that will be a great album!
26.07.2012 - 06:42
scaesura
Sounds good. Cloudscape, take note! That's how you write a poppy power prog song without the saccharine bullshit!
27.07.2012 - 03:28
Byners
Meh...
----
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost..."
27.07.2012 - 08:10
This is awesome, following the same direction of dead reckoning but adapting it to damian's voice. Definitely looking forward to hearing the full album
31.07.2012 - 03:55
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I just noticed this is a "radio edit" song. I wonder if it's one of those epic 9 minute songs. Would be nice since I love long songs, and despite being somewhat reticent about Damian's return, I really like this one. Really hoping to enjoy the album as much as I enjoyed them when Mac was still around.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.

Hits total: 2925 | This month: 6