Metal Storm logo
Anthrax - Drummer Arrested For Domestic Battery

Anthrax's drummer Charlie Benante was reportedly arrested this last Friday night on domestic battery in front of a child. Benante and wife were allegedly arrested at the Hilton Garden Inn in Elkhart Indiana after arguing in front of their daughter, age 6.

According to a local report from WSBT.com, the two were arrested and picked up at the Hilton Garden Inn and both were subsequently released from jail the next day. Benante's booking form shows a court date set for this Friday, Aug. 3rd.

Anthrax is currently on the road as part of Mayhem Festival. Benante missed the first few weeks of the tour due to a hand injury, with Shadows Fall drummer Jason Bittner filling in.

There has been no official comment from Charlie Benante or Anthrax regarding the arrest so far.

Source: loudwire.com
Band profile: Anthrax
Posted: 30.07.2012 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 44   Visited by: 264 users
30.07.2012 - 14:07
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Pfft, here we go.
30.07.2012 - 14:34
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
You're supposed to beat your drum kit, man.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
30.07.2012 - 14:36
Milena
gloom cookie
For shame.
----
7.0 means the album is good
30.07.2012 - 14:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Troy Killjoy on 30.07.2012 at 14:34

I just wanted to make the same lame joke
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.07.2012 - 15:15
BudDa

What, you can't argue with your partner nowadays?
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
30.07.2012 - 15:25
Rupert

Ya I don't see anything about physical contact in here.
30.07.2012 - 15:29
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Rupert on 30.07.2012 at 15:25

Ya I don't see anything about physical contact in here.

You're kidding, right?

because it clearly says "battery"
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.07.2012 - 15:42
Sent

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.07.2012 at 15:29

Must be urban slang.
30.07.2012 - 16:28
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Troy Killjoy on 30.07.2012 at 14:34

"Charlie beats the beat the beats he beats
Although time and middle age maybe slowed his feet"
30.07.2012 - 16:29
Dark Seraphim

Where was the "battery"? They argued, no crime here. What is the world coming to?
30.07.2012 - 16:45
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by Dark Seraphim on 30.07.2012 at 16:29

Where was the "battery"? They argued, no crime here. What is the world coming to?

They were probably doing a little more than just arguing.
----
7.0 means the album is good
30.07.2012 - 17:01
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Sent on 30.07.2012 at 15:42

Must be urban slang.

It's not slang, it's an official term: Battery (crime)
30.07.2012 - 17:22
Promonex
Cathemeral
So they were beating the shit out of each other in a public space. Shit happens. Not good for the kid, but I don't see why we should care.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
30.07.2012 - 18:09
Lit.
Account deleted
Looks like Charlie got paid a little visit by... THE LAW!
30.07.2012 - 18:53
?apleee
Mouthcrab
----
"Without judgement, perception would increase a million times."~Chuck Schuldiner

Less coherent than Anal Cunt.

Eric Brecht once liked my Facebook comment. Therefore, by the translative property, Chuck Schuldiner like my comment.
30.07.2012 - 18:53
btbamfan20

YOU FUCKIN IDIOT COMMENTERS CAN FUCK OFF!!! Seriously!! If u've NEVER been arrested for arguing (which EVERY relationship does) then u dont know... its BULLSHIT, the police are allowed to step in an arguement, force u to make statements when ur angry (which 3 hrs later u end up regretting), then its too late! the shits already hit the fucking fan...
There was NOTHING about him hitting her, did u read that? or are u going to just jump to conclusions like 80% of all idiots do... Why do people still have faith that the cops are doing the "right thing" after all that occupy battery, pepper-spraying, tear-gas assault, and all that shit... its a money grab. Make an innocent person HAVE to spend money on a lawyer, give the system thousands of dollars, just to keep ur "record" clean. If u've never been through the law crap, u'll never know.
first time i was charged with assault i was a teenager, I WAS DEFENDING MYSELF!! The idiot swung at me like 6 times before i knocked him to the ground. the catch? he was a foster-kid... so his parents HAD to call the cops... u know how that goes, whoever calls the cops is in the clear. After MULTIPLE eyewitnesses said i was defending myself, they STILL pushed to get my charges permanently laid against me. i had to get a lawyer, at 16! 6000 down the fucking drain
The second time was THIS DUDES EXACT SITUATION!!! I had an arguement with my g/f, the police were called, and they CHARGED me with shit i never even fucking did! If i DID hit my g/f, then why didnt SHE press the charges? Why is she still talking to me every night? Why are her friends not wanting to kick my ass? because its all BULLSHIT, the police and lawyers need to make money, and sometimes good people get caught in those traps
I'd say 50% of the commenters here will jump to conclusions, saying he BEAT HER!! While others will look at the fact that not bodily harm was reported, and go "WTF? Fuck off law"
What's the law coming to? When stupid situations like this get headlined and he'll more than like get his charges stuck to him, yet serial killers can get away without the daeth penalty because "It's not right to take another humans life..." fuck off, this shits getting old. the law needs to be completley re-written
----
Gerald Massey: "They must find it difficult ... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority."
30.07.2012 - 18:59
?apleee
Mouthcrab
Written by btbamfan20 on 30.07.2012 at 18:53

Tl;dr, was there any mention of World Trade Center 7?
----
"Without judgement, perception would increase a million times."~Chuck Schuldiner

Less coherent than Anal Cunt.

Eric Brecht once liked my Facebook comment. Therefore, by the translative property, Chuck Schuldiner like my comment.
30.07.2012 - 19:03
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by BudDa on 30.07.2012 at 15:15

What, you can't argue with your partner nowadays?

Yep, seeing as Charlie's wife was also arrested, I think it's easy to conclude that this wasn't a simple case of wife beating, there's more to it than that...
30.07.2012 - 20:58
Rupert

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.07.2012 at 15:29

You're kidding, right?

"Arrested For" and "Charged With" are quite different. And as others have pointed out, the story says nothing about a beating, only an argument. Does this mean there's no way he beat his wife? No, but it doesn't necessarily mean he did either.
30.07.2012 - 23:53
Void Eater
Account deleted
I wonder what his wife did to deserve it?
31.07.2012 - 00:35
Sync
Account deleted

rage

You sir, seem very rustled.
31.07.2012 - 02:39
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Seeing as both got arrested my guess is was likely just some mutual shoving back and forth with each of them spouting at the other "come at me, bro!"... "come at me, ho!"
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
31.07.2012 - 03:06
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Rage.

Congratulations, you just took this thread 100% more serious than everyone here combined.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
31.07.2012 - 03:32
axelx666

Somehow im not totally shocked at this..gee i wonder why?
----
"they can't stop us,let them try,for heavy metal we will die"
"on olemassa asioita karmivimmat yönä olen yksi heistä."
" we are the new bucolic,we are the pulse of the maggots"
"END"
31.07.2012 - 04:02
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook

----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
31.07.2012 - 07:06
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Statement from Charlie's lawyer:

"Last Friday night [July 27], Charlie Benante, drummer for the rock band ANTHRAX, was assaulted several times during an altercation that sent him to the emergency room with a gash at the back of his head that required several staples to close.

"Mr. Benante and his six-year-old daughter, Mia, had traveled to Elkart, Indiana to meet Mrs. Benante and her 17-year-old son, who was participating in a weekend baseball series. At some point, words were exchanged between Mr. Benante, Mrs. Benante and her male companion that led to a scuffle. Mrs. Benante hit Mr. Benante in the face, he pushed her away, and as he turned around to leave with Mia, Mrs. Benante assaulted him from behind, hitting him multiple times on the back of his head with a cell phone. Police were called, and both Mr. Benante and Mrs. Benante were detained for domestic battery in front of a child. Mr. Benante is understandably distraught by this incident and that his daughter, who he dotes on, witnessed it.

"Mr. Benante will appear in Elkhart County court this Friday, August 3, and we expect complete vindication."
31.07.2012 - 07:52

Account deleted
Why should I (or anyone of you) care?
31.07.2012 - 07:58
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 31.07.2012 at 07:52

Probably because it's news about one of the big four's drummers on a metal webzine. I doubt many of us care about the personal lives of most metal musicians, but it's still worth commenting on - if only for the lulz.
----
31.07.2012 - 08:03

Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 31.07.2012 at 07:58

Written by Guest on 31.07.2012 at 07:52

Probably because it's news about one of the big four's drummers on a metal webzine. I doubt many of us care about the personal lives of most metal musicians, but it's still worth commenting on - if only for the lulz.

It's just too trivial... But as you said, the lulz justify the means.
31.07.2012 - 08:44
wormdrink414

Written by ?apleee on 30.07.2012 at 18:59

was there any mention of World Trade Center 7?

lol, always is.

Hits total: 5042 | This month: 10