03. Marionette
04. A Sigh Of Despair
05. The Essence
06. Everyday
07. Never Stop
08. Tomorrow
09. Lighthouse
10. Lighthouse Pt2.

The new album of Wingdom will probably be released soon but today we will only talk about the first release of the band, "Reality", which was previously released on Timo Kotipelto's label High And Loud in April 2005. The fact is that now, the German label Dockyard One is re-releasing this album and gave the luck to all the Metalheads out of Finland to try this excellent album of Progressive Metal. You're lucky believe me, so this time don't miss it!

Without forgetting its Finnish Melodic Metal roots, "Reality" is not a new release of Power Metal, even if you'll be able to find in the line up Alessandro Lotta (ex Rhapsody) and Mikko Harkin (ex Sonata Artica). At the opposite of the majority of the new Finnish bands, Wingdom chose to play a classy Progressive Metal a bit in the vain of a Vanden Plas but however a bit more melodic and less technical and complex. Actually, the music of Wingdom is just a great mix between Melodic Metal and Progressive music and it will please the ones who like Prog like the ones who like Heavy or Power.

The performance of all the musicians is extremely convincing. We hear a lot the Keyboards of Mikko Harkin but it fits perfectly to the music of the band and at the opposite give something complex and deep to the different songs. Alessandro Lotta, Markus Niemispelto and Jukka Ruotsalainen don't have any problem too and the performance of Sami Asp in his difficult role of Progressive Metal singer is really nice. With a great production and a lot of nice songs like the melodic hit "Where Do We Go?" or the progressive "Lighthouse" and "Lighthouse Pt2." "Reality" is just a good album and we must thank Dockyard 1 to have the good idea to re-release it.

"Reality" is a great surprise and with a first album of such quality, it's obvious that the best will come for Wingdom. Don't do any amalgams with the previous bands of the musicians of Wingdom, this is different and for me at least, as a Prog Metal fan, a lot more interesting. If Wingdom found a way to confirm these first impressions with their upcoming album, you can be sure that they will become one of the leaders of the Progressive scene in Finland?. and it will not be an usurpation, you can trust me!

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 9
Originality: 8
Production: 7

Written by Jeff | 17.11.2006

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 22 users
17.11.2006 - 16:34
Rating: 8
Dam3k

It's where do we go =), excellent album!! I hope this band will be featured here soon
----

17.11.2006 - 16:43
DLMokoma
Account deleted
Well they're doing quite small shows in Finland and aren't actually so well-known either, so I hope that they will succes in outside Finland. Sami Asp is a really good singer, and of course the whole band know what they're doing.

Hits total: 6366 | This month: 9