Metal Storm logo
League of Legends

04.08.2012 - 02:46
Sync
Account deleted
Probably one of the most popular PC games right now, so I thought it deserves a topic to be talked about!

IGN: Fyrestorme
Server: EU West

Mains: Fizz, Garen, Singed, Kassadin and many, many more.

Sadly due to the many retarded people in ranked play, my ELO is pretty shoddy. Despite this though my stats are pretty awesome. Here we also discuss about recent nerfs/buffs, new champs and just general LoL banter, but there is only one rule;

1) No matter what, always nerf Irelia.
04.08.2012 - 03:24

Account deleted
IGN: Fredd The Blabla (EUW) - FreddTM (EUNE)
Mains: Shen, Malphite, Dr. Mundo, Irelia, Olaf, Akali, Nasus, Teemo and several other solotop champs.

My stats are almost always positive but I lose a lot. There's always that retard feeder or AKFer. Nowadays I only play ARAM.

NERF DARIUS!
04.08.2012 - 15:24
IronAngel

Summoner: Barehand (EU-West)

Been playing since March 2011, I think. So a month shy of a year and a half. Still not very good at it. I topped at 1500+ ELO, but then they nerfed my Rammus and Skarner (who were really strong last December) and I started playing normals with bad friends and whatever champs I felt like, so I kinda lost my sharpest edge. Now I'm a little under 1300.

I'm a jungler, first and foremost. I prefer gank-heavy initiators who don't give a fuck, because you can't trust anyone else to make the right calls when to start a teamfight, or for them to stay safe and farm passively while you invade enemy jungle. Maokai, Alistar, Rammus are all very reliable. But lately I've grown to love Riven, who can basically do everything better than anyone. Level 2 ganks almost as good as Alistar, taking most people 1v1, baiting and juking like mad, ridicilous teamfight cc, enough burst to take out carries at any point, a shield that scales hard with AD (!!!), and so on. Broken champ is broken.
04.08.2012 - 20:46
Sync
Account deleted
I can say I was very skeptical about trying out AD Fizz Solo Top. Surprisingly he beats loads of good Solo Top champs - especially the ones with a lot of sustain.
04.08.2012 - 22:09

Account deleted
Written by Guest on 04.08.2012 at 20:46

I can say I was very skeptical about trying out AD Fizz Solo Top. Surprisingly he beats loads of good Solo Top champs - especially the ones with a lot of sustain.

I've seen good fizzes play wit's end and bloodrazor.. too stronk
04.08.2012 - 22:54
Sync
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 04.08.2012 at 22:09

Might have to try that out some time, I normally go for Wriggles, Triforce into IE/Bloodthirster.
04.08.2012 - 22:58

Account deleted
Written by Guest on 04.08.2012 at 22:54

Written by Guest on 04.08.2012 at 22:09

Might have to try that out some time, I normally go for Wriggles, Triforce into IE/Bloodthirster.

i play teemo wits/bloodrazor/malady/mallet. it's an op build for someone with an on-hit skill. like fizz or kog. try it out on fizz.
05.08.2012 - 19:46
IronAngel

Wouldn't go Malady myself. It's a cheap, fairly strong early game item, but there's just no place for it in a lategame build on pretty much anyone. If you're hell bent on DPS, I'd rather get The Black Cleaver.

I do prefer to the Triforce build for someone like Fizz (at least on paper, haven't played either), because it lets you get away with plenty of tanky items. And you need tanky items to survive. That, and the whole point is the early burst you can pull off with Sheen. It's really a question of whether you need physical or magic damage though.
06.08.2012 - 10:34
Slayer666

Ranked games are hell, pure and simple. -.-

I thought Normals were full of retards, but that number gets at least tripled in Ranked. I had an AD Leona in one game who got Sword of The Occult even though he was 0/4, or I had a Hecarim who jungled without Smite, without pots and without waiting for a leash. I've had teammates with no Runes and Masteries whatsoever, people who say "I only play MID, I don't care what have mid already" and that's just the tip of the iceberg of what I've seen.

Games with competent players on both sides that last for 40 minutes with epic late-game team fights are what makes this game worth playing. Too bad such a game happens once out of 10 times, until you get to a super high ELO, I suppose.
06.08.2012 - 15:22
Sync
Account deleted
Written by Slayer666 on 06.08.2012 at 10:34

Ranked games are hell, pure and simple. -.-

I thought Normals were full of retards, but that number gets at least tripled in Ranked. I had an AD Leona in one game who got Sword of The Occult even though he was 0/4, or I had a Hecarim who jungled without Smite, without pots and without waiting for a leash. I've had teammates with no Runes and Masteries whatsoever, people who say "I only play MID, I don't care what have mid already" and that's just the tip of the iceberg of what I've seen.

Games with competent players on both sides that last for 40 minutes with epic late-game team fights are what makes this game worth playing. Too bad such a game happens once out of 10 times, until you get to a super high ELO, I suppose.

And now, since it's summer break. It's all been/about to get 10 times worse.
06.08.2012 - 20:06

Account deleted
Surrender at 20.
06.08.2012 - 20:58
Sync
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 06.08.2012 at 20:06

Surrender at 20.

"I everywhere or AFK & Feed" or "I troll because I have 1900 ELO on my main"
06.08.2012 - 21:03

Account deleted
Written by Guest on 06.08.2012 at 20:58

Written by Guest on 06.08.2012 at 20:06

Surrender at 20.

"I everywhere or AFK & Feed" or "I troll because I have 1900 ELO on my main"

'omg noob uninstall and get cancer!!!"
14.08.2012 - 07:46
Guib
Thrash Talker
Ahem, hey ! Im a League player, Im a Tank player, I mainly play Shen... but I love Volibear, Rammus, Malphite (...) I started playing these kind of games back in the days
when DOta and Tides Of Blood were around on Warcraft 3... and I still like it alot, Though I prefer LOL over Dota 2 alot... I think the rune and mastery systeme makes it more unique and I was kind of tired of the delay (casting time) on Dota and playing the same old heroes again and again.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
14.08.2012 - 15:44
Sync
Account deleted
Rengar, the Pridestalker (Newly announced champ):
(Image ain't working, but it's on their Facebook page)

Looks like he's gonna be an OP damage dealer. And also looks like if Warwick and Nidalee had a kid in beast form...
15.08.2012 - 01:47
Fredd
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 14.08.2012 at 15:44

Rengar, the Pridestalker (Newly announced champ):
(Image ain't working, but it's on their Facebook page)

Looks like he's gonna be an OP damage dealer. And also looks like if Warwick and Nidalee had a kid in beast form...

ffs, im already seriously thinking of quitting this game because of darius and diana. what the fuck has gone wrong with riot lately?
15.08.2012 - 01:49
Fredd
Account deleted
Written by Guib on 14.08.2012 at 07:46

Ahem, hey ! Im a League player, Im a Tank player, I mainly play Shen... but I love Volibear, Rammus, Malphite (...) I started playing these kind of games back in the days
when DOta and Tides Of Blood were around on Warcraft 3... and I still like it alot, Though I prefer LOL over Dota 2 alot... I think the rune and mastery systeme makes it more unique and I was kind of tired of the delay (casting time) on Dota and playing the same old heroes again and again.

a fellow shen/malphite player! those two are really fun and unique
15.08.2012 - 01:53
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Guest on 15.08.2012 at 01:49

Written by Guib on 14.08.2012 at 07:46

a fellow shen/malphite player! those two are really fun and unique

Hell yeah ! Shen is definitely my favorite, it fits my playstyle so well. I can play him in pretty much any composition and against any team.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
15.08.2012 - 01:57
Fredd
Account deleted
Written by Guib on 15.08.2012 at 01:53

Hell yeah ! Shen is definitely my favorite, it fits my playstyle so well. I can play him in pretty much any composition and against any team.

He's my favourite too. i usually play him solo top or support bot. he's a lane winner, even solo vs 2.
16.08.2012 - 18:31
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Guest on 15.08.2012 at 01:57

Written by Guib on 15.08.2012 at 01:53

He's my favourite too. i usually play him solo top or support bot. he's a lane winner, even solo vs 2.

Yeah he's great for solo top thats my favorite position
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
16.08.2012 - 22:02
Oaken
Hipster
How does the LoL community compare to that of HoN? I tried playing Hon some time ago. It was ago, but the stupid community discouraged me so I stopped.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
17.08.2012 - 00:29
IronAngel

Every online multiplayer I've ever played (with the exception of Neverwinter Nights, but we're geeky role-players living in our mothers' basements over there) has had a shitty community. Flamers, whiners, trolls, the usual. It doesn't bother me much, though.

Darius and Diana are both pretty lame, IMO. Granted, Darius is hard to trade with on lane, but his contribution is rather limited. It just looks like he's carrying when he goes around stealing all the kills, but if their AD carry whittled you low enough to die to him, you were probably gonna lose anyway. He is squishy, has no escapes (gank him all the time and profit), and his cc leaves much to be desired. An excellent duellist or 2v2 skirmisher, but not so much a lategame teamfighter. Same goes for Diana: irritating if fed, but mediocre utility, OK damage, fairly vulnerable to counterjungling and such. The lower the skill level, the more those assassin burst types can carry, though.

Maybe I'm biased, though. I don't put much stock in snowball champions in general, I like to be useful no matter what.

Malphite was my second main champion, after Morgana. I hate that he's been buffed so many times in the last year and a half. He was perfectly OK back then, but now everyone's picked up on how good he is and so he gets nerfs and bans. He never sucked, people just didn't realize his potential. Build him Triforce+Atma for ridicilous dps, Abyssal+Rabadon for burst, or just pure tank to be a pain in the ass, and you'll never go wrong.

It's also funny that people (Elementz, anyway) are suddenly lauding Leona as an amazing support. She was considered trash just a while ago, and she received no substantial buffs. I bought her at release and have enjoyed consistent success with aggressive laners, primarily Tristana. If my buddy played Graves, I imagine it would be even stronger. She transitions so well into a lategame tank, roams like nobody else, is second only to Rammus in tankiness, can snipe with her ulti and lock down carries for an entire teamfight. She's the perfect support tank, outperforming even Alistar in everything but the safety of sustaining your lane. As long as you stay aggressive and don't take unnecessary harass, you'll keep most lanes on their toes and definetely impact mid/lategame more than the enemy support. (Unless they're Janna or Alistar. Alistar is OP too. But you should have beaten Janna hard on lane.)
17.08.2012 - 01:49
Sync
Account deleted
Written by Oaken on 16.08.2012 at 22:02

How does the LoL community compare to that of HoN? I tried playing Hon some time ago. It was ago, but the stupid community discouraged me so I stopped.

The community are somewhat lacking of knowledge a lot more than HoN, but LoL is a lot more casual and not Elitist as fuck.
17.08.2012 - 01:52
Sync
Account deleted
Written by IronAngel on 17.08.2012 at 00:29

It just looks like he's carrying when he goes around stealing all the kills, but if their AD carry whittled you low enough to die to him, you were probably gonna lose anyway. He is squishy, has no escapes (gank him all the time and profit), and his cc leaves much to be desired.

Yeah, I remember one game as darius where I went a whole 40-minute game without getting an assist, only kills and the odd death. All he is to me is a Kill-stealing Melee who is pretty useless in teamfights.
17.08.2012 - 02:04
IronAngel

Written by Guest on 17.08.2012 at 01:52

All he is to me is a Kill-stealing Melee who is pretty useless in teamfights.

Unfortunately, that sells so they keep making champions who deal "tons of damage." Everybody likes to get kills.

Not that Darius is outright bad. Shutting down one enemy completely and snowballing your jungler or mid can decide the game. Fact is, he is quite impossible for most toplaners to beat 1v1. I can do it on Riven, but it's hard. It's not the ultimate, it's that ridicilous Q applying the passive. He simply out-trades you. If your jungler is incompetent or theirs counters him too good, you might not get to take advantage of Darius's inherent weakness to ganks and so he suddenly becomes a lot scarier.

I recently gave in and bought Nautilus. He's a bit of a boring concept, but I gotta admit he does the whole "ganking AP tank" job better than Maokai or Amumu in the jungle. Too bad, I love Maokai. Gonna probably pick Nautilus from now on when we need that, unless they have a lot of AoE I can negate with Maokai. His ganks aren't quite as dexterous, but he can take and dish a lot more punishment so you're not completely dependant on your laners being awake.
17.08.2012 - 02:09
Sync
Account deleted
Written by IronAngel on 17.08.2012 at 02:04

Unfortunately, that sells so they keep making champions who deal "tons of damage." Everybody likes to get kills.

I recently gave in and bought Nautilus. He's a bit of a boring concept, but I gotta admit he does the whole "ganking AP tank" job better than Maokai or Amumu in the jungle. Too bad, I love Maokai. Gonna probably pick Nautilus from now on when we need that, unless they have a lot of AoE I can negate with Maokai. His ganks aren't quite as dexterous, but he can take and dish a lot more punishment so you're not completely dependant on your laners being awake.

I bought Maokai recently but I haven't had the chance to try him out yet, sadly jungling isn't one of my preferred options atm. Trying to sort my way out of a real rough patch in Ranked Solo Queue first before I try out any champions. Hopefully Fizz Mid and - surprisingly AD Fizz SoloTop - will get me out of it.
17.08.2012 - 02:10
IronAngel

Maokai is pretty nice as a support too. If you're looking for kills or at least aggressive zoning. He's not Leona, but he has things going for him like free short-term wards and the damage-suppressing ulti. And his passive gives him self-sustain.
04.01.2014 - 08:37
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

IGN: Wieners Revenge (NA)

Currently ranked Plat 4. Main support.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
04.03.2014 - 00:40
Gawain
Account deleted
I have an account on EUW with around 50 skins, gold season 3 and 105 IIRC champions unlocked. What do with it? Haven't logged in over three months.