Metal Storm logo
Ensiferum - New Video Online

Finns Ensiferum have just released a brand new video today for the song "In My Sword I Trust", which was directed by Rafal Szermanowicz. The song will appear on the upcoming release Unsung Heroes, which hits stores on August 27th through Spinefarm Records. The new video for the song "In My Sword I Trust" can be watched below and you can get all the details about the video here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Ensiferum
Posted: 08.08.2012 by FreddeSwede

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 22   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 263 users
08.08.2012 - 19:50
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Pretty good! i like it much better than the first song they released from the album.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
08.08.2012 - 19:52
chronic-headache

Not saying its a bad song, quite the opposite, but once the bassist kicked in with his harsh vox the song got much MUCH better
08.08.2012 - 19:58
J. N.
Account deleted
Written by chronic-headache on 08.08.2012 at 19:52
Not saying its a bad song, quite the opposite, but once the bassist kicked in with his harsh vox the song got much MUCH better

The bassist does the clean vocals.

Edit: Oh, wait, never mind.
08.08.2012 - 20:02
J. N.
Account deleted
And for the song: Snore.

4:10 - Did the camera fell?
08.08.2012 - 22:05
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I'm not a big fan of the band, I only have 'Victory Songs', but I really like this song.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
08.08.2012 - 23:07
Urizen367

----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.
08.08.2012 - 23:19
FeskarN

I like the song alot. Really nice to hear Sami doing the solo clean vocals and some growling aswell. Epic chorous.
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
08.08.2012 - 23:21
EmeraldSword

Ok video... but I have a few gripes. I'm surprised no one brought this up. One major complaint with it is that opacity is lowered so low it's hard for me to watch very long. So washed out by the dark gray you have to squint to see the musicians playing. The making of video was not like that in principle photography. I don't understand the departure upon completion.

Finally, not a fan of the stop motion shots. Makes you feel like you're watching a slideshow of photos with music dubbed over.

The redeeming highlight for me was watching the band's animated expressions. Pretty funny.
09.08.2012 - 00:00
malaikat

Pretty generic. Not an optimist concerning new album if they choose this song to be the flagship.
09.08.2012 - 00:01
BlueMobius
Account deleted
OK video, nothing really different than what other bands are doing. As far the song, I don't get the gripes. It's the same ol' stuff Ensiferum has been playing for years. You either like it or you don't. And if you did like it at one point and don't now, you've outgrown it, so it's time to put on your big boy metal breeches and start checking out the suggestions in the extreme metal forum.
09.08.2012 - 00:43
Rulatore

Pretty generic, sometimes boring... dont know what expect of the album, smells a disappointment
09.08.2012 - 01:04
Tornado Of Souls

I prefer the first song released much more than this one.
09.08.2012 - 20:02
Metal George

Good song needs more circle pit riffs
09.08.2012 - 20:34
Windrider
Raureif
Great stuff, finally a video with the band playing their instruments, and the song is different, but epic as hell, love Sami's vocals and the awesome solo!
09.08.2012 - 20:42
Arcticus

Written by Dark Blood on 08.08.2012 at 22:05

I'm not a big fan of the band, I only have 'Victory Songs', but I really like this song.

Dude. Get the first 2 albums at least, and "From Afar" is better than "Victory Songs" as well. Do yourself a favour!
11.08.2012 - 07:02
alfrede110

The melody is great, but not the video. I don't understand why the band would spend a lot of money to go to Poland for video shooting of a medieval fight (which is basically a good idea), and then in the end just use a slideshow of photos for their video! At the last chorus it seems that everything is going towards "behind-the-scenes" stuff. Creativity in metal videos is becoming scarcer these days. A video like "Anodyne Sea" of As I Lay Dying, is just an exception...
11.08.2012 - 10:15
Dinruth

Written by alfrede110 on 11.08.2012 at 07:02

The melody is great, but not the video. I don't understand why the band would spend a lot of money to go to Poland for video shooting of a medieval fight (which is basically a good idea), and then in the end just use a slideshow of photos for their video! At the last chorus it seems that everything is going towards "behind-the-scenes" stuff. Creativity in metal videos is becoming scarcer these days. A video like "Anodyne Sea" of As I Lay Dying, is just an exception...

I don't know .. while I agree with you that this video is definitely not a very good one, your "Anodyne Sea" does not seem to be a great eye opener either .. no doubt better than Ensiferum one, but nothing super creative, as I would have suspected after your comment
11.08.2012 - 14:15
alfrede110

Written by Dinruth on 11.08.2012 at 10:15

Written by alfrede110 on 11.08.2012 at 07:02

I don't know .. while I agree with you that this video is definitely not a very good one, your "Anodyne Sea" does not seem to be a great eye opener either .. no doubt better than Ensiferum one, but nothing super creative, as I would have suspected after your comment

I respect your opinion, but there are several creative elements in "Anodyne Sea": 1. I guess it's one of the few times that ALL members of a band themselves perform "a role" in a video and they're the main characters, not just the frontman, and not just simply playing the song. Yes, of course I recall Rammstein's videos (like Rosenrot), Metallica's "I Disappear" or Amon Amarth's "Runes To my Memory", although the music performance portion in the two latter is rather higher. 2. The drummer acts as POV so what we see during the video is his point of view. The moment that he got a punch to his face still makes me feel goosebumps. 3. It looks really realistic and shocking; I consider it as a short video about repression, rather than a music video. 4. If you read the lyrics, you'll notice that it's closely related to the main idea of the video. As well, I recommend you to watch the "making of" video to see how the filmmakers are using their initiative.
But, as I said, it's somehow related to everyone's own views. Anyway, look forward to Ensiferum's future videos!
12.08.2012 - 15:27
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Well that is one uninspired song.
13.08.2012 - 01:15
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
Written by R'Vannith on 12.08.2012 at 15:27

Well that is one uninspired song.

Exactly what I was thinking... The song is definitely not bad, just... yeah, uninspired.
18.08.2012 - 22:41
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Decent song for current Ensiferum...but hardly anything more
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

19.08.2012 - 08:27
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Remove Petri, and this song would be less boring. How much more could he suck in this song?

Hits total: 3754 | This month: 7