Metal Storm logo
Empyrium

18.11.2006 - 23:26
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Listening to "Songs Of Moors And Misty Fields" born in me the idea of creating this thread, about one of my favourite bands... Empyrium hail from Germany and they play some highly emotional Dark Metal with folk touches, adding a quiet, beautiful neoclassical atmosphere and well, it's like the perfect soundtrack for calm moments...

My personal favourite album by them is being "A Wintersunset", a very subtle yet rather harsh by times masterpiece...
19.11.2006 - 00:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I realy love this german band, IMO its best of german bands ike XIV Dark Centuries
I realy love it from BM era specely from them I like lyrics, even I dont understand german so good hwo english, but I love it realy good,
''A Wintersunset'' I realy enjoy it and its likethose times when that music wa sin jnderground and some ppl come from mistery and recordet albums
''Songs of Moors & Misty Fields '' good album werry good and emotional and atmosferic, just masterpiece
''Where At Night The Wood Grouse Plays'' sad album IMO, werry sad for me

secend era, acustic folk music lil' bit Ulver but deeper and mistical and underground
''Drei Auszüge Aus Weiland'' and ''Weiland'' good albums its soul calm melodies, its like you'res omewhere deprsed and it gives light to you and give lost life beck, realy good band
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.11.2006 - 07:43
Gothya

great, definitely awesome that there's a topic for empyrium, i discovered this band surfing the metalobserver, the webmagazine, and i really like the style, the music is great; i just heard the samples availables on their web site, and i absolutely want to get stuff from them, i actually LOVE that music, i have no doubt about it
this song 'Hemwärts' it's great, 'Waldpoesie', 'Das blau-kristallne Kämmerlein', amazing songs, i really really want get something from them, i love it, imagine if i get more stuff, i'm gonna get crazy
Absolutely Great Band
----
OUR HEART MAKES THE PLANS,BUT IT IS THE LORD WHOM DIRECTS OUR STEPS
19.11.2006 - 10:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Gothya on 19.11.2006 at 07:43

great, definitely awesome that there's a topic for empyrium, i discovered this band surfing the metalobserver, the webmagazine, and i really like the style, the music is great; i just heard the samples availables on their web site, and i absolutely want to get stuff from them, i actually LOVE that music, i have no doubt about it
this song 'Hemwärts' it's great, 'Waldpoesie', 'Das blau-kristallne Kämmerlein', amazing songs, i really really want get something from them, i love it, imagine if i get more stuff, i'm gonna get crazy
Absolutely Great Band

EDDIT no there are no samples avalible I checked yesterday only 3 samples, but nothing from old stuff, even in them myspace page are 2 songs but nothing from BM era

PS where are Prom post
----

apos;'
[image]
20.11.2006 - 03:09
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I don't know much about this band, imo, they're a bit depressive, but at the same time, their instrumental songs are beautiful
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
20.11.2006 - 03:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by The Alchemist on 20.11.2006 at 03:09

I don't know much about this band, imo, they're a bit depressive, but at the same time, their instrumental songs are beautiful

Indeed thay are but thay are deprseive in early days in leither thath depresive comes and goes, its like dark vampire lylabies

But thay instrumentals in BM era are short 1 or 2 minutes those lyrical songs are awsome 11 mintes some, and I realy love if thay recordet so long instrumentals

And BTW if we talking about band thay will realise in novembre bets of album ''A Retrospective''
----

apos;'
[image]
20.11.2006 - 04:26
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Retrospective is not a new album by the way, just a compilation...
20.11.2006 - 13:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 20.11.2006 at 04:26

I know it but I mean its new, becaus eits be realised after some days, but its compilation I mention it,

But I dont like cops. so much I like full lenght real album specely of them
----

apos;'
[image]
20.11.2006 - 16:04
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 20.11.2006 at 13:44

Written by Guest on 20.11.2006 at 04:26

I know it but I mean its new, becaus eits be realised after some days, but its compilation I mention it,

But I dont like cops. so much I like full lenght real album specely of them

yeap... compilations are fore newbies, we are too true for them... I only like compilations made by myself, of some bands that only have a few good songs
20.11.2006 - 16:59
GT
Coffee!!
just downloaded a few tracks by them. It's quite good. Nice melodies and great vocals too
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
20.11.2006 - 18:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Southern Wind - I agree but still if I can get original comp. i woud by it, but from Empyrium man my satisfaction be from original CD, even I know I wont get it, and I dont like splitt albums too but like tributsv and MA comp. type albums, otherwise demo, ep, fl and live
----

apos;'
[image]
20.11.2006 - 22:52
Gothya

@k7: yeah, and that's a pitty about the samples; I was trying to get at least a few more from them but it seems like difficult 'cause i dont know where; but trust me I'm not used to like a band at first time (except pretty few bands, like 4 now), I usually need to hear more stuff from the band, but this time I found them pretty great, so this is one of them

btw, their old stuff is better than their latest? if that's the case, I cant image how great are them? yeah
----
20.11.2006 - 23:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Gothya on 20.11.2006 at 22:52

@k7: yeah, and that's a pitty about the samples; I was trying to get at least a few more from them but it seems like difficult 'cause i dont know where; but trust me I'm not used to like a band at first time (except pretty few bands, like 4 now), I usually need to hear more stuff from the band, but this time I found them pretty great, so this is one of them

btw, their old stuff is better than their latest? if that's the case, I cant image how great are them? yeah

Well early stuff was melodic BM whit elements imagine Emperor sound or Heidenrech but last 2 records are acustic folk music imagine Ulver folk album, but only its from germany and feelings are diferent and emotions, diferent world and beckground in music
----

apos;'
[image]
20.11.2006 - 23:37
Gothya

despite the different emotions, i do like a lot how the music sounds, i even like german language so no problem with that; btw, their acoustic music sounds great
----
21.11.2006 - 00:39
TheDamned
Account deleted
I really love Weiland , but the metal albums are weaker imo . Still good , but I definitly prefer their acoustic work . Too bad they splitted up
21.11.2006 - 00:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 21.11.2006 at 00:39

I really love Weiland , but the metal albums are weaker imo . Still good , but I definitly prefer their acoustic work . Too bad they splitted up

Dont agree for me this abnd eman like Immortal, Ulver, Emperor, Arcturus and Bishof of Hexen those bands means much to me and this well in German are werry good BM bands but Empyrium thay I dunno thay give to dark muisc something calm and warm maybe poems and female mamber, but acustic muisc well those days when Frank's, germans was figting againt Romans, soemwhere in the forest yeah I get some mistical visuions listening this band.
----

apos;'
[image]
24.11.2006 - 17:16
FOOCK Nam

I really really love this band. They are very unique and original. I have those 2: Songs Of Moors & Misty Fields, yeah its really a masterpieces, A Winter Sunset also is good, beautiful. The third one Where At Night The Wood Grouse Plays, I dont have. The last album Weiland sadden me, because they changed with new clean vocallist, and their music also changed, but of course still original but not more fitable than Songs Of Moors & Misty Fields.

Empyrium is one of my top bands, the acoustic guitar ending of the song The Ensemble Of Silence is so emotional, beautiful and yeah same to the whole song and whole album

I think in someway Empyrium has doom metal element. The song The Blue Mist Of Night, after the begining, the melody turns to be very slow of drums and guitar, one typical feature of doom. MA also said Empyrium has doom element before.

Conclusively, Empyrium is really really an awesome band I have listened
22.07.2007 - 10:29
Black Winter

I can't believe i had to use the search box to find this thread !
this is one awesome band, which is always under rated, despite the extremely good music they make, their songs are perfect, sad,autumn,winter, moon themes and romantism, unfortunately, this Atmospheric Black metal band have split up , well, they say the good die young
----
Once the people decides to live, destiny will definetly obey..

T u n i s i a F r e e !
22.07.2007 - 10:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Black Winter on 22.07.2007 at 10:29

I can't believe i had to use the search box to find this thread !
this is one awesome band, which is always under rated, despite the extremely good music they make, their songs are perfect, sad,autumn,winter, moon themes and romantism, unfortunately, this Atmospheric Black metal band have split up , well, they say the good die young

You shood use search box to find all treads about good bands, but Empurium only bets words I can say about them
----

apos;'
[image]
20.09.2007 - 00:52
ScabbeD'~

Who can say a Praise for them???or in 100 years of future,who will come that have a voice like them?
they're Amazing,Really Perfect with best methods of playin...
....God Bless Them!....
20.09.2007 - 12:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ScabbeD'~ on 20.09.2007 at 00:52

....God Bless Them!....

I would agree but ...
----

apos;'
[image]
20.09.2007 - 22:02
Varegan
Hamranakara

Who can say a Praise for them???or in 100 years of future,who will come that have a voice like Markus?
....God Bless Them!....

if you are interested in voice of markus... you MUST check his black metal one person project that is called "Sun of the Sleepless".I think his best vocal is on "spring 99".but you cant hear his vocal on "the vision bleak".
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
21.09.2007 - 00:42
ScabbeD'~

Written by Varegan on 20.09.2007 at 22:02

Who can say a Praise for them???or in 100 years of future,who will come that have a voice like Markus?
....God Bless Them!....

if you are interested in voice of markus... you MUST check his black metal one person project that is called "Sun of the Sleepless".I think his best vocal is on "spring 99".but you cant hear his vocal on "the vision bleak".

Taste them too...But,There's S.th Special!
21.09.2007 - 00:44
ScabbeD'~

Written by Bad English on 20.09.2007 at 12:55

....God Bless Them!....

I would agree but ...

But!
...?!?
21.09.2007 - 00:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ScabbeD'~ on 21.09.2007 at 00:44

....God Bless Them!....

I would agree but ...

But!
...?!?

I agree about god but what god My or yours (dont take it like ofense)
----

apos;'
[image]
21.09.2007 - 00:54
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by Bad English on 21.09.2007 at 00:46

Written by ScabbeD'~ on 21.09.2007 at 00:44

....God Bless Them!....

I would agree but ...

But!
...?!?

I agree about god but what god My or yours (dont take it like ofense)

what do you mean? your god is different?!?! or you are a paganist?
----

21.09.2007 - 00:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Varegan on 21.09.2007 at 00:54

what do you mean? your god is different?!?! or you are a paganist?

Cristianity or islam she are from iran but its going of topic
----

apos;'
[image]
21.09.2007 - 01:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ScabbeD'~ on 21.09.2007 at 01:05

well.its too imporatant with my god or yours?
Just God,S.th that in your self...
forget the usual sentence or discussions!

It was joke and Im happy taht ppl like this band and somebody know them not only in Europe but somewhere alse like in your case in Iran IMO ist more important
----

apos;'
[image]
21.09.2007 - 01:18
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by Bad English on 21.09.2007 at 01:07

It was joke and Im happy taht ppl like this band and somebody know them not only in Europe but somewhere alse like in your case in Iran IMO ist more important

most of Iranian metal fans know this band.and even some other markus bands have a lot of fans in here.
and god of Islam is the same god of Christians.if you want to know more, ask black winter.he is a good theologist.
----

21.09.2007 - 01:20
ScabbeD'~

Written by Bad English on 21.09.2007 at 01:07

!!!!!!!
yap
its good
(Forget that here is iran;) )