‹‹ Back to the Metal arena
Users visited: 68  
Search this topic:  
What is your favorite of the three Iron Maiden instrumentals?

Transylvania [Iron Maiden]19
Losfer Words (Big 'Orra) [Powerslave]14
Genghis Khan [Killers]6

Total votes: 39

Dentura
Shadow King

14.08.2012 at 09:25
My personal favorite of the three instrumentals they wrote is definitely Genghis Khan. The galloping feel of the music really captures the feeling as if you're watching Genghis Khan himself actually riding off into battle and pillaging any villages that stand in the way of his wrath. The music is stellar and the twin guitar harmony near the end is absolutely soaring and epic. I wish they would have written more instrumentals, they're great! Comment below if you wish.

Btw, i forgot to include Ides of March, but I guess it wouldn't really matter, considering it's an intro to Wrathchild. But if you wish to vote for it, feel free to comment for that below!
----
...And so death to the falsity of thy former rulers. Thy kingdom of "heaven" burns in a field of fire, and Dentura is the one true God thou must yield thy hearts and souls to in absolute submission. It is his ultimate decree and will unto thee..
Bad English
nobody

14.08.2012 at 12:12
All are pretty same, and you shood have ALL or non option to, I say all, cant vote unfortunatly
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
R'Vannith
Spiralmind

14.08.2012 at 14:56
Transylvania was one of the first metal songs I remember hearing, so I'm going with that one for nostalgia's sake, though Losfer Words is great as well.
Oaken
Hipster

30.08.2012 at 01:28
I haven't listened to Iron Maiden in ages, but I remember that Transylvania was a great instrumental. I also remember that I didn't really like Losfer Words.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight

30.08.2012 at 11:20
They only have three, wow...i thought its more...
----
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings
Become dust in the wake of the hymn
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall
No more than a breath on the wind

Azarath

03.10.2012 at 00:21
Another vote for Transylvania.

"A song that never had a singer... and probably never will."
Dentura
Shadow King

06.12.2012 at 10:40
Losfer Words is a great one too. It was about to be just a regular song with lyrics, but Steve couldn't think of any (hence the title). I'm glad it ended up being an instrumental, it changes things up a bit on Powerslave, since this song sounds similar musically to The Duelists and like one or two sections of the Rime of the Ancient Mariner.
----
...And so death to the falsity of thy former rulers. Thy kingdom of "heaven" burns in a field of fire, and Dentura is the one true God thou must yield thy hearts and souls to in absolute submission. It is his ultimate decree and will unto thee..
Metal_Elle

28.03.2013 at 14:22
Losfer Word !
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Fuck

28.03.2013 at 20:26
Ides Of March blows the rest out of the water
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996