Metal Storm logo
Wintersun - Reveal New Album Cover Art

Official press release:

"Sons of winter and stars - Rise!"

This short but significant excerpt of the track "Sons Of Winter And Stars" not only is the wake-up call for everyone interested in music, it's the battle cry of a band that released their self-titled debut album eight long years ago and had had to live up to the highest expectations and pressure of time for the eagerly awaited successor ever since. As Wintersun turned out to be a critically-acclaimed masterpiece of musical art, the band unintentionally found themselves facing the situation of having to out-do their previous work, and soon.

2012 it's finally time to unleash Wintersun's second full-length album Time I. Over the course of eight years the band have taken both music and visuals to yet another level and while listening to their new effort you'll be taken on a journey through the doors of time, a journey beyond the stars, beyond the birth of the worlds to an infinite universe.

Finland's epic metallers will release their long-awaited album Time I on October 12 before hitting the road in October/November headlining the so-called Heidenfest tour. Recently the band went into the studio with photographer Nana Simelius to shoot the new pictures for the upcoming album and now the breathtakingly beautiful front cover of Time I has been unveiled.

Commented the band: "We searched many options who could actually make the cover for Time I. Cameron's way of creating art was just something that stood out immediately and we feel it suited best for Jari's vision as a cover for Time I. We are really happy for the result and hopefully this collaboration continues in the future releases as well!"

Time I tracklist:

01. When Time Fades Away
02. Sons Of Winter And Stars
1 - Rain Of Stars
2 - Surrounded By Darkness
3 - Journey Inside A Dream
4 - Sons Of Winter And Stars
03. Land Of Snow And Sorrow
04. Darkness And Frost
05. Time

Source: wintermadness.net
Band profile: Wintersun
Posted: 17.08.2012 by BudDa

Comments page 2 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 64   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 585 users
17.08.2012 - 19:56
Lit.
Account deleted
I wanna say Final Fantasy. Or maybe Kingdom Hearts?
Anyways it describes them perfectly: So many different thing crushed into a jumbled abomination. Well played, Wintersun.
17.08.2012 - 20:01
Sync
Account deleted
Written by Wes on 17.08.2012 at 19:24

It's like it's the cool thing to do. Who the hell cares.

I've definitely noticed that a lot recently, shame really. :/
17.08.2012 - 20:02
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
How about you add Be'lakor, Amon Amarth, Overkill and most other bands that a lot of people love to that. The term "overrated" is the most overrated thing out there. Saying something is overrated is completely superfluous...its like disagreeing with someone over your taste in women - Its completely personal so its a stupid thing to say.
17.08.2012 - 20:08
Pazu
Looks pretty good.
17.08.2012 - 20:27
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Why the fuck did they change the one that leaked originally? Also, whoever wrote that press release is on some bad acid. Oh well, the music matters, and hopefully they will deliver. It's a shame it only comes out after my taste has taken lots of twists and turns, so I'll listen to it in a completely different mood than the first one, three years ago.
----
7.0 means the album is good
17.08.2012 - 20:58
Xytraguptor
I like the colors but that's it.
17.08.2012 - 20:59
opeth771
You guys are so angry at this band because they took so long to release this CD that you have completely lost your sense of judgement... This cover art is beautiful!
17.08.2012 - 20:59
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Its not definitely not good but I dont think its as bad as you all are saying. And who cares about the Japanese font, they said there gonna have Japanese influence on the album so its fitting and Im stoked on that considering how Whispered and this song http://youtu.be/gNerE4k4htM turned out.

Seems Japanese influences has been crawling into scandinavia recently and it sounds fuckn awesome
----
pewpew.. gotcha
17.08.2012 - 21:07
Stabby
Account deleted
Written by Milena on 17.08.2012 at 20:27

Why the fuck did they change the one that leaked originally? Also, whoever wrote that press release is on some bad acid. Oh well, the music matters, and hopefully they will deliver. It's a shame it only comes out after my taste has taken lots of twists and turns, so I'll listen to it in a completely different mood than the first one, three years ago.

He's a true believer. I see you haven't heard the news. Jari is GOD, mmkay?

Although if Jari is God he reminds me a lot of the trolling Old Testament Yahweh.
17.08.2012 - 21:07
Starchild
Lol, it seems that I am the only one here who think this cover art is awesome..
17.08.2012 - 21:22
Stabby
Account deleted
Written by Starchild on 17.08.2012 at 21:07

Lol, it seems that I am the only one here who think this cover art is awesome..

At first thought that it was kind of nice, until I scrolled down to see the guy's face. I generally don't like my album covers to stare at me, it's creepy!

Do you like the other one more or less?
17.08.2012 - 21:34
FeskarN
Overload of bright colours. Don't really like the face either, stares into your soul. He should have used Kristian Wåhlin like the first one.
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
17.08.2012 - 22:49
Nightfall
Written by Guest on 17.08.2012 at 17:38

Am I the only one that thinks this band is a bit overrated?

Only a bit?
17.08.2012 - 23:49
Siergiej
Previous cover was good - i like its (comparing to this) simplicity. But on the other hand it lacks something, as if the very core is missing, making us able only to glide through the atmosphere, not to drown in it (cover of their self-titled matches perfectly with music).

I respect their decision, and hope they won't waste that project. Maybe we should give them a chance to amaze us?
18.08.2012 - 00:45
Thrashette
What's with all the tacky over-done album art I've been seeing lately? On the bright side, at least this update has given me more hope that the album actually is getting released in the near future...
18.08.2012 - 01:01
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Thrashette on 18.08.2012 at 00:45
On the bright side, at least this update has given me more hope that the album actually is getting released in the near future...

and yeah... It's tacky as hell.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
18.08.2012 - 02:32
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
It's no Blut aus Nord artwork, that's for damn sure.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
18.08.2012 - 05:16
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Checked the news out and thought: "wow, only one comment?"

Page 2 already though?
18.08.2012 - 06:33
BlueMobius
Account deleted
My wife looked at the artwork and was like "That's really pretty" so yeah I think a lot of you are just jaded and are going to have anything this band does.
18.08.2012 - 07:28
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Kind of looks like someone took the cover art from Born Of Osiris' "The Discovery", then removed any sense of subtlety.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
18.08.2012 - 09:20
Fredd
Account deleted
Too many shades of blue.
18.08.2012 - 13:12
FeskarN
Written by Doc G. on 18.08.2012 at 07:28

Kind of looks like someone took the cover art from Born Of Osiris' "The Discovery", then removed any sense of subtlety.

It's the same artist. So that's why..
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
18.08.2012 - 21:55
DahliaRock
Written by FeskarN on 18.08.2012 at 13:12

Written by Doc G. on 18.08.2012 at 07:28

It's the same artist. So that's why..

THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING.. thank you, I was trying to figure out what album cover it looked like..
18.08.2012 - 22:14
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I think i dont really like this one...i prefer the older concept...although someone told me it was only meant for single from the album, i dunno
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

18.08.2012 - 23:58
strade
MY EYES, MY EYES!! OH DEAR, NONEXISTENT GOD, WHY? WHY HAST THOU FORSAKEN ME AND BROUGHT THIS ATROCITY TO LIGHT!?

...um, but yeah, this is fucking terrible.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
19.08.2012 - 03:43
oblong
Account deleted
Excited ! !
19.08.2012 - 18:26
I like everything apart from the head and parts of the tree
20.08.2012 - 02:02
Swietowit11
I was really hoping that "The Way of the Fire" would make it onto the first part of "Time". Despite the god-awful sound of that live recording bouncing around youtube, the track is amazing.
21.08.2012 - 03:07
oblong
Account deleted
Written by Swietowit11 on 20.08.2012 at 02:02

I was really hoping that "The Way of the Fire" would make it onto the first part of "Time". Despite the god-awful sound of that live recording bouncing around youtube, the track is amazing.

I feel the same way, it is awesome.
22.08.2012 - 04:23
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Looks like a bad PS2 game...
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....

Hits total: 9752 | This month: 14