Entombed-Left Hand Path
Obituary-Slowly We Rot
Deicide-Self Titled
Suffocation-Effigy Of The Forgotten
Immolation-Dawn Of Possession

Total votes: 140
19.11.2006 - 08:33
Mega-Slayer
Now That I pretty much own all the key essential death metal debuts,and I have had the time to enjoy and decide which had the greatest effect on me,I was curious to what you thought?It may be a very difficult decision,being all of the albums are magnificent in their own way,but what comes to mind as the most groundbreaking?I believe all of these albums played a part in defining the genre,but what album was more important than "Scream Bloody Gore"?It gave birth to the extreme gore lyrical themes,and intense gutteral vocals,that all death bands would use.So that is the reason behind my choice for best debut,Chuck you where and are an innovative genius.Yeah I might've left out some personal favs.,but I cant please everyone.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
19.11.2006 - 08:52
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Altars of Madness without a doubt. It is way heavier than any other cd from that era and it has more musical skill than Scream Bloody Gore. Altars of Madness has a ridiculous amount of crazy solos and the blast beats are timeless. More importantly, David Vincent was one of the first vocalists to use consistantly low vocals, something that Chuck just can't do. I"m sure Scream Bloody Gore was brutal back in the day, but it isn't timeless. Altars of Madness kicks my ass to this day.

Honestly, I could care less about who started any genre. Altars of Madness ranks as one of my all time favorite albums, not because it was groundbreaking, but because it's fucking good. All of the albums on the poll are great, but none comes close to AoM, except for maybe Effigy.
19.11.2006 - 09:59
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
I voted for my morbid angel's favorite album , n my second choice would be 'Seven Churches' ..... old school ownage.
19.11.2006 - 10:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Interesting pool and I never had thinking about those things

I never had hear Immolation-''Dawn Of Possession'' and Suffocation-''Effigy Of The Forgotten' never had hear those bands

Entombed album are good, werry good, but it goe sout of this pool because its Europa not USA and lil difeernt death metal sound

I woud vote for

Posessed-''Seven Churches' because I realy love this album and its so great and its lil thrash mix there too simmilar album are Slaughter - ''Strappado'' and also Monstrocity - ''Imperial Doom'' shood be here and band Nocturnus - ''Tyhe Key'' are good and hmm Sepultura - ''Morbid Visions'' are good deaatrh metal clasic

IMO it shood eb US Death metal best debaut album Its easyer

so my vote goes for Possessed

Nex band what I like

Obituary-''Slowly We Rot'' then Death-Scream Bloody Gore then Morbid Angel-Altars Of Madness and last what I like Cannibal Corpse-Eaten Back To Life

Entombet I love it, but it goes out of list and I never had liked Decide and alst 2 bands I dunno
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.11.2006 - 10:53
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Bad English on 19.11.2006 at 10:30

I never had hear Immolation-''Dawn Of Possession'' and Suffocation-''Effigy Of The Forgotten' never had hear those bands

You haven't heard Suffocation!?! Check them out here.
19.11.2006 - 10:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dangerboner on 19.11.2006 at 10:53

You haven't heard Suffocation!?! Check them out here.

Well I just lsiten some samples but I dont like them, you know not all DM bands I like, I like a lot of but not all
----

apos;'
[image]
19.11.2006 - 15:36
Sunioj
Voted altars of Madness, great album, never ceases to be an all time classic.
Other than that other debut's that I thoroughly enjoy are left hand path by entombed and like an everflowing stream by dismember. Scream bloody gore is great too.
19.11.2006 - 20:51
Mega-Slayer
Written by Dangerboner on 19.11.2006 at 08:52

Altars of Madness without a doubt. It is way heavier than any other cd from that era and it has more musical skill than Scream Bloody Gore. Altars of Madness has a ridiculous amount of crazy solos and the blast beats are timeless. More importantly, David Vincent was one of the first vocalists to use consistantly low vocals, something that Chuck just can't do. I"m sure Scream Bloody Gore was brutal back in the day, but it isn't timeless. Altars of Madness kicks my ass to this day.

Honestly, I could care less about who started any genre. Altars of Madness ranks as one of my all time favorite albums, not because it was groundbreaking, but because it's fucking good. All of the albums on the poll are great, but none comes close to AoM, except for maybe Effigy.

Trust me,I feel the very same way about "Altars",check out my review Its just I cant choose it over "Scream Bloody Gore".
----

19.11.2006 - 20:55
Mega-Slayer

I never had hear Immolation-''Dawn Of Possession'' and Suffocation-''Effigy Of The Forgotten' never had hear thos ebands

Entombed album are good, werry good, but it goe sout of this pool because its Europa not USA and lil difeernt death metal sound

I woud vote for

Posessed-''Seven Churches' because I realy love this album and its so great and its lil thrash mix there too simmilar album are Slaughter - ''Strappado'' and also Monstrocity - ''Imperial Doom'' shood be here and band Nocturnus - ''Tyhe Key'' are good and hmm Sepultura - ''Morbid Visions'' are good deaatrh metal clasic

IMO it shood eb US Death metal best debaut album Its easyer

so my vote goes for Possessed

Nex band what I like

Obituary-''Slowly We Rot'' then Death-Scream Bloody Gore then Morbid Angel-Altars Of Madness and last what I like Cannibal Corpse-Eaten Back To Life

Entombet I love it, but it goes out of list and I never had liked Decide and alst 2 bands I dunno

Nocturnus is a very neat and unique band from what I have heard.I have not been able to find their albums,they seem to be rare.As for "Imperial Doom" I almost put it on hear,being I really enjoy it,but I was trying to get the earliest releases in Death metal,and "Imperial Doom" came out in 92',I believe.I should've put "Ten Commandments" by Malevolent Creation,but gives off more of a death/thrash vibe.
----

19.11.2006 - 20:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@I see but still you shood take out Entombed because its not USA band its Swedeish and its diferent DM

nocturnus first Dm band who use synts and use you know what sound it was, realy realy amazing my freind has that album in Tape from those years and so I soemtime slisten it werry good sound,
----

apos;'
[image]
19.11.2006 - 21:12
Southern Wind
Account deleted
As some of you must know, I am an Hypocrisy freak, so I feel tempted to say that "Penetralia" is my favourite Death Metal debut, but I won't because it is no an especially original CD, to make it deserver of that title... then my vote goes for another Swedish: DISMEMBER'S "Like An Everflowing Stream"
19.11.2006 - 21:43
Sunioj
Written by Guest on 19.11.2006 at 21:12

As some of you must know, I am an Hypocrisy freak, so I feel tempted to say that "Penetralia" is my favourite Death Metal debut, but I won't because it is no an especially original CD, to make it deserver of that title... then my vote goes for another Swedish: DISMEMBER'S "Like An Everflowing Stream"

Yes, Penetralia and Like an Everflowing Stream are hallmarks of DM.
19.11.2006 - 21:54
Mega-Slayer
I have "Left Hand Path" included,because it was a very key-important release for the genre and one of the earliest,its just coincidence its the only international death metal release.,my thread was not aimed to only the USA.
----

19.11.2006 - 22:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Mega-Slayer on 19.11.2006 at 21:54

I have "Left Hand Path" included,because it was a very key-important release for the genre and one of the earliest,its just coincidence its the only international death metal release.,my thread was not aimed to only the USA.

But its only Europeian album and band here, IMO last 2 band sshood be replaced whit some Europians like Hipochrisy even if I dont like band and some other death metal ok I know Edge of Sanity opening album isnt like ''The Spectral Sorrows'' but firts Sentenced and Amorphis
----

apos;'
[image]
19.11.2006 - 22:28
Sunioj
Thats absolutely fine, most arena threads end up listing bands that arent...
19.11.2006 - 23:10
Mega-Slayer
Like I said I cant please everyone,I knew someone would be upset.Also I haven't heard Dismember's or Amorphis' debuts,so I wouldn't include them.It might actually of been more important to include "Dark Recollections" by Carnage,since members from the band went onto Entombed and Dismember,so that album pretty much jump started european death metal.
----

19.11.2006 - 23:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Mega-Slayer on 19.11.2006 at 23:10

Like I said I cant please everyone,I knew someone would be upset.Also I haven't heard Dismember's or Amorphis' debuts,so I wouldn't include them.It might actually of been more important to include "Dark Recollections" by Carnage,since members from the band went onto Entombed and Dismember,so that album pretty much jump started european death metal.

Well thats why always made other pool
Well IMO not al DM bands deserve be here but those hat you mention shood and about Amorphis - ''Karelian isthmuss'' its doom/melodic death like secend album
----

apos;'
[image]
20.11.2006 - 01:13
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Even though the Amorphis debut is a very good melodic death metal album, they are not a death metal band and should not be included. I think the poll is fine the way it is.
19.03.2007 - 04:56
Thrash666
I voted for altars of madness but i think that seven churches, scream bloody gore, and slowly we rot are just as fuckin good
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
14.06.2007 - 13:36
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
I've chosen Possessed's because every single song in this album have an excellent atmosphere.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
14.06.2007 - 22:16
Mega-Slayer
I want to create a part 2, as there are alot of older albums I failed to mentioned or left out, and have discovered since making this. I could include Master's s/t, Incubus' "Serpent Temptation", Atheist "Piece Of Time",Atrocity "Hallucinations",Gorguts,Nocturnus,Pestilence,Massacre,Ripping Corpse,Unleashed and Dismemeber.
----

15.06.2007 - 01:19
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Mega-Slayer on 14.06.2007 at 22:16

I want to create a part 2, as there are alot of older albums I failed to mentioned or left out, and have discovered since making this. I could include Master's s/t, Incubus' "Serpent Temptation", Atheist "Piece Of Time",Atrocity "Hallucinations",Gorguts,Nocturnus,Pestilence,Massacre,Ripping Corpse,Unleashed and Dismemeber.

I don't know man, I like the bands on this poll more, but Master's S/T album would have been a worthy candidate.
15.06.2007 - 02:03
Stigmatized
Had to go with Immolation. You can't beat the sound these guys have. Dark, evil, death metal. What more could you want?
15.06.2007 - 08:28
villain
tough choice but
I'd choose "Altars of Madness"

Written by Dangerboner on 20.11.2006 at 01:13

Even though the Amorphis debut is a very good melodic death metal album, they are not a death metal band and should not be included. I think the poll is fine the way it is.

I think their debut is definitely death metal so I don;t see why it shouldnt be included.
best death metal debut - I believe they were death metal back then
----

Suddenly........
Life has new meaning
15.06.2007 - 13:19
Sunioj
Deicide's debut is pretty damn good if you ask me. Relentless, raw, uncompromising, dead by dawn, oblivious to evil and deicide are amazing songs. The chord structure of the music is very straightforward and simple, but works wonderfully. Thats probably the best thing about most DM debuts mentioned here...
15.06.2007 - 17:06
villain
I agree to that and it wasa tough choice between Altars .. and Deicide.
I havent heard the other ones mentioned but there are tons of other albums that can be put in.
----

Suddenly........
Life has new meaning
15.06.2007 - 20:04
I am not voting b/c Alters of Madness, Deicide's self-titled, and Effigy are all classics in my opinion. If you asked me today, I would probably say Deicide, but tomorrow, it might be different.
15.06.2007 - 21:09
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
I slightly prefer Possessed's "Seven Churches" to both Morbid Angel and Obituary's debuts.

I like the intensity, enjoy the guitar work and really like the tone of the guitar on the solos.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
15.06.2007 - 22:28
Stigmatized
I'm really surprised that CC doesn't have a single vote.
15.06.2007 - 22:34
Mega-Slayer
Written by Stigmatized on 15.06.2007 at 22:28

I'm really surprised that CC doesn't have a single vote.

Well their debut has many classic death metal songs, "Skull Full Of Maggots","Put Them To Death","Shredded Humans","Born In A Casket", and "Mangled", but there are alot of filler songs imo.
----