Metal Storm logo
Amorphis - Releasing New Album Next Year, Announce Finnish Tour Dates

Amorphis has announced that they will play seven club shows in Finland this December. The tour kicks off on December 5th in Oulu and ends in Tampere on December 29th. Check out the full dates below. The band will also start recording the follow-up to The Beginning Of Times in September and expect to release the new album in spring 2013.

The band released the following statement: "Recordings for the eleventh Amorphis album will start in September at Petrax Studios in Hollola and 5K Studios in Helsinki. Lyrics will again be crafted by Pekka Kainulainen, who already collaborated with Amorphis on the previous three albums. The new album will be produced and recorded by Peter Tägtgren (Abyss Studio, Hypocrisy, Pain et al.) and released worldwide by Nuclear Blast in spring 2013."

Finnish tour dates:

05.12 - Club Teatria, Oulu (FI)
06.12 - Lutakko, Jyväskylä (FI)
07.12 - Rytmikorjaamo, Seinäjoki (FI)
12.12 - Tavastia, Helsinki (FI)
13.12 - Bar Kino, Pori (FI)
14.12 - Klubi, Turku (FI)
29.12 - Pakkahuone, Tampere (FI)

[Also thanks to Abattoir for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Amorphis
Posted: 22.08.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 92 users
22.08.2012 - 15:20
MeloDeathViking

I am really looking forward to this album. I loved The Beginning of Times. Actually, I have loved their last three or four albums, so I have high hopes for this.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
22.08.2012 - 21:21
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I enjoyed The Beginning of Times a bit, not as much as the previous three releases, but whatever. I'm really looking forward to what they'll come up with for this album. Should be another awesome release. Can't wait.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
27.08.2012 - 07:09
SymphAlchemist

Can't wait! Though Beginning of Times isn't the best album ever, I bet they won't disappoint us in this next. And I hope there are female backing vocals in this one too. =]

Hits total: 3235 | This month: 5