Metal Storm logo
Favourite Dan Swanö Project

Poll

What is your favourite Dan Swanö Project?

Edge of Sanity
Bloodbath
Dan Swanö (Moontower)
Nightingale
Pan.thy.monium
Diabolical Masquerade
Ribspreader
Godsend
Infestdead

Total votes: 100
19.11.2006 - 23:05
Vidrageon
Account deleted
I've decided to take only the 'big' projects Swanö has done, and not the million small EP-bands he's been in over the years, or the one off albums (Katatonia's Tonight Decision, Star One's Space Metal, etc, though I've put in Dan Swanö's self-titled)

It's almost impossible to choose, but through deducting that Diabolical Masquerade is more of a Blakkheim project, Godsend and Infestdead being only good, Nightingale, Pan.thy.monium and Ribspreader being only superbly great, left me with Edge of Sanity or Bloodbath...and as Moontower was like an extention of Edge of Sanity...I went with them. Any of them could have won though, they're all great.
19.11.2006 - 23:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Well I had checked in MA all his solo projects and there wa sto many, I had hear moust of all what are posible get into net and some stites and I had read almoust all lyrics but still I realy like Dan Swano but still my fav are Ege of sanity specely ''The Spectral Sorrows'' this album means much to meeeeeee
So i vote for it, but also I like Diabolical mascarade, great and intresting band I realy love it
Dan Swanö (Moontower) are good, about others I shodd check If I had hear them, but Bloodbath I dont like it, but I had dep respect to it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.11.2006 - 01:19
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Dan Swano is a musical genius and I haven't heard anything of his that I haven't liked, but I easily voted for Bloodbath. Those dudes just know how to make great death metal. It's just a shame that Dan isn't with them anymore.
20.11.2006 - 02:26
ylside
staff
Pan.Thy.Monium !! , although it's more because of his brother's (Dag) guitar riffs and saxophone crazyness. Then comes Edge of Sanity and Nightingale. Nothing to say about those two as they are just awesome in everyway... Moontower is a jewel of its own kind too, oh man. Check my avatar
20.11.2006 - 02:35
Edge of Sanity, Nightingale and of course, his solo album Moontower, Dan Swanö is a genius.
20.11.2006 - 03:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ylside on 20.11.2006 at 02:26

Pan.Thy.Monium !! , although it's more because of his brother's (Dag) guitar riffs and saxophone crazyness. Then comes Edge of Sanity and Nightingale. Nothing to say about those two as they are just awesome in everyway... Moontower is a jewel of its own kind too, oh man. Check my avatar

I alwas woundering wo are this gu in your awatar?

Pan.Thy.Monium - I had hear something from this band IMO first album but there was untiled songs and I didnt like it, only I love its sold school sound in that band
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.11.2006 - 23:43
Vidrageon
Account deleted
pan.thy.monium takes a while to really get into, as he's singing in a completely made up language, with odd time signatures (odder than normal :p)
22.11.2006 - 07:51
Eternal Flames
I was thinking about making this poll the other day, but it looks like you beat me to it. Anyway, Dan Swano is a musical genius. He is such a diverse musician and very talented also. I've listened to many of his projects and absolutely loved them. Edge Of Sanity are the obvious win for most people, but I had to vote for Nightingale. The rest are great bands, particularly Pan.Thy.Monium, Edge Of Sanity and Diabolical Masquerade. Although, Nightingale brings something very unique and original to the music industry. It's not exactly Metal, more like melodic/progressive rock, which really appealed to me the first time I heard it. The use of keyboards in Nightingale also amazed me when I heard it. Swano's vocal performance also is superb. And not only in Nightingale, but in all his projects.

Anyway, as I said, my vote goes for Nightingale. They're something new and eccentric which I really liked.
22.11.2006 - 11:07
ylside
staff
Written by Guest on 20.11.2006 at 23:43

pan.thy.monium takes a while to really get into, as he's singing in a completely made up language, with odd time signatures (odder than normal :p)

Actually from what I've read Robert Karlson was just growling random gibberish, sometimes you can hear english but the rest is just to make another "instrument" so to speak.

Exactly Nightingale has a very smooth prog feeling that is really enjoyable !
04.01.2007 - 16:55
rainmaker2
I love Diabolical Masquerade, it's the best band i've heard. Nightingale is very nice too. I don't like Pan.thy.monium. So the result is: I've voted for Diabolical Masquerade.:banger2:
----
The Evil That Men Do Lives On And On...
05.01.2007 - 03:17
spirit_inblack
harshhead
I voted for Bloodbath. Probably in my top 20 favorite DM bands of all time and they are quite brutal. All of the releases with Dan Swano are fuckin' great. He is so talented with every instrument that he plays.

Second for me would be Edge Of Sanity.
05.01.2007 - 03:26
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I've been thinking about it, and Ribspreader is really good...but I still think Bloodbath might be better. I dunno, the newest Bloodbath album was only decent to me, while Ribspreader is a little more brutal.

I haven't heard Infestdead though.
05.01.2007 - 06:05
Endoftherainbow
Dan Swano is a genius everything he's done has been brilliant but my vote went to Bloodbath it's a shame that they kicked him out but the Bloodbath albums are both amazing death metal records. My next choice would have to be Edge of Sanity they're one of the best melodeath bands out there Crimson II and Purgatory Afterglow are my favorite records by them. Another one I'd like to mention is Star One because that album is nothing short of amazing. Dan Swano is the man.
29.06.2007 - 05:08
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Im gonna have to go with the crowd on this one and say bloodbath. Ive only heard bits and bites from those other projects, but I have both Bloodbath albums and listen to them regularly.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
05.01.2008 - 14:12
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted
Pan.Thy.Monium's Dawn of Dreams and Dream II are probably the most original albums ever to be recorded in scandinavia, I can't vote against them.
14.01.2008 - 02:32
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
What about Hail Of Bullets? Does production count?
----
- George Carlin
14.01.2008 - 03:26
Cookies Upstairs
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 14.01.2008 at 02:32

the first sentence in the first post is "I've decided to take only the 'big' projects Swanö has done"
14.01.2008 - 03:35
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Guest on 14.01.2008 at 03:26

the first sentence in the first post is "I've decided to take only the 'big' projects Swanö has done"

Right, I noticed that almost right after I posted that. Who knows, maybe they will get reasonably big.
----
- George Carlin
14.01.2008 - 03:37
Cookies Upstairs
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 14.01.2008 at 03:35

Written by Guest on 14.01.2008 at 03:26

Right, I noticed that almost right after I posted that. Who knows, maybe they will get reasonably big.

with that line-up, it's quite possible that they will kick some serious ass
17.01.2008 - 01:29
RockeRoy
I have only heard bloodbath and edge of sanity but i will check out this other projects to, but can anyone tell me how the production is on every project mentiond?
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
17.01.2008 - 03:13
marillionfan
Account deleted
Nightingale is my favourite; Moontower is great too. Dan Swano had another project - Unicorn, it was neo-prog in the manner of 80 Marillion or IQ.
26.02.2008 - 14:41
NOИ
Bloodbath offcourse. especially with the old sound.
27.02.2008 - 02:56
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
Edge Of Sanity for sure. The albums Crimson and Crimson II are masterpieces.
27.02.2008 - 09:44
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
bloodbath for me - the brutality is sooo brilliant the first album is a masterpiece
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
27.02.2008 - 11:27
W-Lash
Metal Master
I have heard only Pan.Thy.Monium...Khaooohs and Kon-Fus-Ion was one brilliant album.
27.02.2008 - 12:00
ylside
staff
All of you must check Demiurg's debut album. Heavy heavy death metal with mister S... inside (yet again)
09.11.2008 - 00:53
DoomDeathFan
Happy to see that my vote made Edge of Sanity even with Bloodbath!!! :c D
I believe that Edge of Sanity's longest and more consistent work really calls for a victory.
09.11.2008 - 11:25
Hamird
Lieutenant
I'd say Edge of Sanity. I listened to their "Crimson" and "Crimson II" which are truly amazing..
09.11.2008 - 11:27
Charly546
Who's Dan Swanö?
09.11.2008 - 17:26
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I like his work on Bloodbath. But in all honesty I haven't listened to much of his other projects.
----
Coldgrits