Metal Storm logo
Any regular metal bands out there?

Original post

Posted by vgmaster9, 27.08.2012 - 05:21
Are there any metal bands out there that don't fall into a specific genre, like thrash, death, black, doom, progressive, power, gothic, folk, or metalcore? Just being called metal.
05.10.2012 - 04:00
OptimatumBand

You read my mind my friend. I have no clue what subgenre to call my band. We just play what we love to play and I call ourselves Metal.

Check out a preview link for our first ever album coming out this winter! I really want to know how people categorize us.

Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBGg7K4ClyE&feature=plcp

Influences include Metallica, Dream Theater, Lamb of God, Iron Maiden, Sevendust, Pantera, Machine Head, Trivium, Slayer, and more.
----
Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/UnderworldInferno?feature=mhee
05.10.2012 - 06:25
Edmund Fogg

Written by OptimatumBand on 05.10.2012 at 04:00

You read my mind my friend. I have no clue what subgenre to call my band. We just play what we love to play and I call ourselves Metal.

Check out a preview link for our first ever album coming out this winter! I really want to know how people categorize us.

Here is the link:

Influences include Metallica, Dream Theater, Lamb of God, Iron Maiden, Sevendust, Pantera, Machine Head, Trivium, Slayer, and more.

----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
06.10.2012 - 06:07
OptimatumBand

Written by Edmund Fogg on 05.10.2012 at 06:25

Written by OptimatumBand on 05.10.2012 at 04:00

Here is the link:

It's a serious question, cute picture you got there. Me and my buddy JUST started this 2 piece studio band together after years of jamming and got influences from old and new bands so I really don't know what the hell kind of metal people today would categorize us. I respect the fact that you have way more posts than me in this forum but don't assume that I am spamming my material out, It is actually relevant to the thread topic.

Don't assume, It just makes an ass out of you.
----
Youtube channel

06.10.2012 - 07:18
Edmund Fogg

I'm not asuming anything, here you are again talking about your band. Their is a Musician Corner on this forum where you can discuss about your band and its many influences. There it would be apropriate. Here , not so much. I didn't mean to offend you woth this image, I just yhought it was funny. Two pointers told me your passage here would be self promotion: Your username and the % of your posts that were already self promotio. As for this topic itself, I find it irrelevant myself, but that's not for me to judge.
----
06.10.2012 - 09:34
Grody2themax

Written by Edmund Fogg on 06.10.2012 at 07:18

I'm not asuming anything, here you are again talking about your band. Their is a Musician Corner on this forum where you can discuss about your band and its many influences. There it would be apropriate. Here , not so much. I didn't mean to offend you woth this image, I just yhought it was funny. Two pointers told me your passage here would be self promotion: Your username and the % of your posts that were already self promotio. As for this topic itself, I find it irrelevant myself, but that's not for me to judge.

I lol'd pretty hard at the image. It was sort of spam anyways, for the reasons you listed.

If your band is good enough, you don't need to promote it in every corner of the internet. People will hear it, and they will like it. Examples...nearly every good underground band out there pretty much.

To answer OP. A pretty good regular metal band is Revocation. They combine a lot together, but I'd classify them mostly as technical death/thrash. In terms of "regular" metal. NWOBHM, is about as regular as you could get. Holy Terror is a good one.
06.10.2012 - 21:20
OptimatumBand

Written by Edmund Fogg on 06.10.2012 at 07:18

Haha alright man I shouldn't have came off so harsh. That picture was funny, I just got mad in the heat of the moment because I'm really passionate about the music I play and although the post would seem to be self promotion, it did suit this thread.

I'm pretty pumped though my buddy gets out of work in about a half hour and I'm gonna lay the drum tracks down for our 8 and a half minute epic song thats gonna close the album!! My double bass work has to be on point though, there's some pretty intricate parts.
----
Youtube channel

06.10.2012 - 22:41
Edmund Fogg

Written by OptimatumBand on 06.10.2012 at 21:20

I'm pretty pumped though my buddy gets out of work in about a half hour and I'm gonna lay the drum tracks down for our 8 and a half minute epic song thats gonna close the album!! My double bass work has to be on point though, there's some pretty intricate parts.

Good for you. Should I pop out my image again?
----
07.10.2012 - 00:30
Lit.
Account deleted
...And the train runs off the track.