Metal Storm logo
Dimmu Borgir - New Album Title Revealed

Posted by guitarist Silenoz on the official website:

"After what we can call a pretty mellow and relaxed mixing session (at least from a dimmucratic point of view), In Sorte Diaboli is now mixed and ready for mastering! Ooops?happened to mention the album title there.

"Anyways, mastering duties will be done pretty soon courtesy of Russ Russell at an undisclosed location in the UK.
We'd especially like to thank Fredrik and Patrik for the great work they've done helping us creating such a great sound! Would you really expect anything else? Not only that but also for putting up with our bullshit for over a month, trust me when I say there are just a few out there capable of doing that..."

Meeting Patric Ullaeus and discussing the new video was satisfying as well. There are some really nice ideas brewing at the moment! More about that later?"

Source: dimmu-borgir.com
Band profile: Dimmu Borgir
Posted: 20.11.2006 by Dimmie

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 20   Visited by: 9 users
20.11.2006 - 08:14
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Well, looking forward to seeing what they come out with this time around. I'm sure there will be a lot of criticism and fanfare, for better or for worse...!
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
20.11.2006 - 09:02
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Their "three words" are getting shorter and shorter ^^ Next album we'll have just three letters ^^
20.11.2006 - 09:44
MUSIC?
Account deleted
" . . . and he learns he has like these magical powers. Black magic! And it's all set in the Middle Ages and - is this making sense to you guys at all? Am I going too fast? I know its deep, but you need to pay attention. So anyway, the dude, he is totally into all this dark stuff and . . ."
20.11.2006 - 10:09
DLMokoma
Account deleted
Hm. We'll just see what kinda record it will be. Silenoz sounds really a BM head
20.11.2006 - 12:11
NoRb3
Account deleted
Average title for me...its really too short and not in English...
20.11.2006 - 16:11
Sunioj

Hopes its not as weak as their last three albums, the rerelease of stormblast was revolting...
20.11.2006 - 16:51
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Keeping my finger crossed for some sort of EDT #2
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
20.11.2006 - 21:05
Sanctimonius
Account deleted
not bad, not good.. just the type of title that would be expected from Dimmu Borgir..
20.11.2006 - 21:16
jadawal

So...did he really not try to say the album name? hahaha
Dimmu Borgir are sub-par in my books, but I'm looking forward to hearing this release.
20.11.2006 - 22:01
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Album title isn't important, anyway I like it...
Can't wait for the new album!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
20.11.2006 - 22:21
Jiri

Nice name, but not the best. Hopefully the music is kick ass!
20.11.2006 - 23:40
Shagrath
Account deleted
Last album Death Cult Armageddon kicked ass, hope this one will be the same. Title of the album sounds promising..

Rock on!!Shagrath:necro:
21.11.2006 - 02:29
Der Meister
Account deleted
Haha suckers, I agree with the last post. I like DCA very much, the symphonics really shine on that one! Anyway, I bet this one's gonna blow me away!
21.11.2006 - 05:13
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Agree with the last 2 posts.. Death Cult was awesome! Looking forward to this one too.. can't wait!!
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
21.11.2006 - 16:08
Sunioj

Sure the symphonices were nice, that was my favorite part of DCA, but compared to other bands, their BM material is weak.
23.11.2006 - 05:55
northerfreak
Account deleted
i hope this album is nothing like dca i'm hoping its gonna be more like edt i miss the older dimmu borgir sound
23.11.2006 - 18:31
jadawal

Bands rarely go back to their previous style, but only time will tell.
15.12.2006 - 14:51
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Hope that this album will be good, and do something to help the band get better feedbacks.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
28.12.2006 - 18:44
IhsahnFan
Account deleted
Dimmu Borgir isnt real norwegian black metal anymore:( Too bad ;( they best realease is still Enthorne Darkness Triumphant from 97:)
25.09.2007 - 13:21
Øyvind
Grave Digger
I hope there will be some songs in Norwegian
----

Hits total: 2881 | This month: 4