Metal Storm logo
Corrosion of Conformity

20.11.2006 - 14:02
Sleep In Sorrow
Ghost Of The Sun
Last year, on a visit to the CD store (something I don't have the time or money to visit anymore ) I acquired CoC's "In the Arms of God". After many months being hooked on the album, with all the groovy and stoner elements, I decided to heard "Wiseblood" and can't deny that I've grown addicted to the band. Having noticed that, despite the fact they're a somewhat old band (started in the 80s), they're not listed on MS, so I was wondering what you other MSers think of CoC.

"...like me, you're drowning in a daydreaaaaaam!"
----
"It's not funny, my ass is on fire..."
20.11.2006 - 14:10
Vidrageon
Account deleted
Corrosion of Conformity should be in melodic metal, shouldn't it? They may have started off as crossover, but they're quite clearly heavy metal now :p.

They're fucking awesome though, even if I don't listen to them that often.
20.11.2006 - 16:54
rebelos
Account deleted
I LOVE THAT BAND!!!

Deliverance and Wiseblood are masterpieces!
i only own these albums but i freaking love them!
all the songs are amazing!
Peter's Keenan voice is fabulous!

I love them
20.11.2006 - 18:30
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
I lost interest in CoC after "Blind", which was still a perfect album. After Keenan took over the vocal duties the band's music became a bit too boring for my tastes. They seem to indulge too much in the whole groove-metal thing.

The hardcore CoC is a totally different story, they were very important for the crossover scene and made some great stuff.
20.11.2006 - 23:25
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I took me a little while to get into CoC, but I like them quite a bit now, even though I hardly listen to them. Deliverance and In the Arms of God are really good albums, but I really need to hear their old hardcore stuff.

Edit - I listen to them all the time now.
21.11.2006 - 05:12
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 20.11.2006 at 14:10

Corrosion of Conformity should be in melodic metal, shouldn't it? They may have started off as crossover, but they're quite clearly heavy metal now :p.

actually CoC is Alternative Metal...seeing how they play Sludge and stoner metal and spawned from the hardcore punk scene..so they DO belong here...but does it really matter?.....lets make a big deal about it and go cry to the mods...

nothing more annoying than coming onto a thread and seeing some shmuck whine about what category a band should be under instead of just talking about the band's music
21.11.2006 - 14:21
Sleep In Sorrow
Ghost Of The Sun
Yeah, I thought they clearly belonged here because of all the stoner/sludge influences and the hardcore punk origins (I guess most sludge does come from the HC punk scene, am I right?).

I have heard only a couple of songs from their early works, but I wasn't much into the style back then. I'm however beginning to grow a bit of a taste for the genre, though, maybe I should get Eye for an Eye and Animosity and check the HC punk thread...

Btw, were they too different from what they play now on Blind?
----
21.11.2006 - 16:21
Vidrageon
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 21.11.2006 at 05:12

Written by Guest on 20.11.2006 at 14:10

actually CoC is Alternative Metal...seeing how they play Sludge and stoner metal and spawned from the hardcore punk scene..so they DO belong here...but does it really matter?.....lets make a big deal about it and go cry to the mods...

nothing more annoying than coming onto a thread and seeing some shmuck whine about what category a band should be under instead of just talking about the band's music

Not really whining, am I? Just making a general statement, I've always pictured them under melodic, that's where I'd put my stoner metal, anyway. Nor have I reported it to any mods. As I've said, you have a seriously bad attitude problem.

Either way, my favourite CoC albums are Wiseblood and Blind.
21.11.2006 - 19:47
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
@Sleep In Sorrow
They were classic crossover ie. quite fast, metal drums, punk guitars, screamed vocals. "Blind" is already mostly sludge/alternative so yes, they were quite a bit different before.
21.11.2006 - 23:45
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
What hardcore CoC albums are recommended?
21.11.2006 - 23:57
rebelos
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 21.11.2006 at 23:45

What hardcore CoC albums are recommended?

most people say Animosity
22.11.2006 - 00:07
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
ok cool, I'll be sure to check that one out.
22.11.2006 - 03:29
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
CoC belongs in Thrash, not here.
22.11.2006 - 09:05
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
CoC has crossed over many styles from the original Hard Core Punk, touching thrash with "blind", and moving to stoner rock thereafter.

They fit in this particular forum more than any where else.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
22.11.2006 - 09:26
Vidrageon
Account deleted
I'd have to agree with bitter cold after much deliberation, they've gone through as many styles as Pantera.
28.05.2007 - 01:46
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Has anyone heard Wiseblood? It's the album right after Deliverance, and I have yet to hear it.
06.07.2007 - 17:37
Sleep In Sorrow
Ghost Of The Sun
Written by Dangerboner on 28.05.2007 at 01:46

Has anyone heard Wiseblood? It's the album right after Deliverance, and I have yet to hear it.

It's a pretty fucking good release. Personally I think its sound lies between stoner and sludge throughout the album and, though it is upbeat, it kinda depresses me a bit... just check out "Goodbye Windows" and "Drowning in a Daydream" and you'll know what I mean.
----
16.03.2008 - 21:45
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Their highlights were when they toured with MetallicA...
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
21.12.2008 - 18:40
5ealchris
Account deleted
Who Cares about what genre they are they make good music. And thats all that matters to me. Anyways my Favorite albums Deliverance.
15.01.2009 - 11:54
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I've always liked this band. They where one of the bands that got me into heavier music. I never owned any of there albums though. maybe I should get some.
----
Coldgrits
28.01.2009 - 06:31
Anthem

COC is pure stoner metal and In the Arms of God is a great album. Also the band Down a derivative of COC is really wicked
----
I swear by my life and love for it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor shall I ask another to live for me.

John Galt
10.11.2011 - 02:20
JD
Account deleted
Listening to "Deliverance" right now it sounds good. The vocals is a bit grungy if you ask me.
12.11.2011 - 14:03
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Where is the love for "Blind"? That's one of the greatest metal albums of all time IMO... it's a shame they only did one album in that style and with Karl Agell...
05.01.2012 - 19:03
metalheadpunk
Account deleted
First song i hear from them was "Dance Of The Dead" and it was righteous. I like both their hardcore punk stuff and when they crossed over.
04.02.2016 - 15:47
ifihadafish

Looking forward to their new album now that Pepper is back with them. The last two being decent enough, but I'm not a fan of Mike Dean's vocals - you cant fault his bass playing.

Great return to the live arena, caught them in Glasgow and Belfast in 2015, and they are returning to Belfast in May 2016 - with hopefully the new album released by then.
05.02.2016 - 01:44
Spirit of dead

Great band indeed. These guys are one of the few bands I think should've been much bigger than what they were. Some of the best song writers in the business!

Keen to see was the new one will sound like with Pepper back!
28.01.2020 - 10:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Band drummer Reed Mullin died

Corrosion Of Conformity
3 hrs ·
Reed, It's with heavy hearts that we say goodbye to a friend, a brother and pioneer.
Love and condolences to the family, friends and fans who will miss you and thanks for the music
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing