07. Total Discontrolo
08. Drowning In Shit
09. Control My Life
10. Socieda De Perdida
11. Believe
12. Information Overload
13. Push It
14. Economical Terrorism

You ever get those albums that aren't bad, but just want to make you listen to other albums? Yeah, that's kind of the feeling Simbiose gives off. Economical Terrorism isn't a bad album at all, in fact, a lot of parts are actually damn-near mind blowing. As a whole, however, this just feels like a well executed fan-band.

Basically, these guys just love Brutal Truth. Similar riff styles, similar vocal delivery, and hell, one of the band members is even wearing a Brutal Truth t-shirt in the liner notes. Now take that Brutal Truth worship, and push it a little closer to punk. Then, give it that crunchy, thick Kurt Ballou-esque production. After adding up all these various components, you're basically looking at a middle ground between Brutal Truth, Rotten Sound and Trap Them.

Totally fucking cool, right?

Initially, yes, that combo is just pure, awesome grindfun. Awesomecore. Whatevercore. Unfortunately, by the end of the album, it just seems like a band imitating other bands. Sure, there are worse bands on the planet to imitate than Brutal Truth, Rotten Sound, and Trap Them, but it's still just imitation. To make matters less appealing, a lot of the times they combine certain aspects of those bands that don't exactly gel properly. For example, frantic, chaotic attack a la Brutal Truth + punky, straight forward approach a la Trap Them = a totally indecipherable song.

Despite everything that has been said here, Economical Terrorism is still a fairly solid album. Unfortunately, if you have done yourself the favour of becoming familiar with the trifecta of awesome that is Rotten Sound, Brutal Truth and Trap Them (as this band clearly has), the blatant worship (sometimes encroaching on plagiarism), might just be a little too obvious.

Written on 29.08.2012 by Former EIC. Now just a reviewer guy.

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 198 users
29.08.2012 - 19:35
silenius

Kinda meh album, just makes me want to put on some brutal truth like you said xD
30.08.2012 - 04:24
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Who titled the album? K7?
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!

Hits total: 5151 | This month: 4