Metal Storm logo
When do you add a band to your favorite bands list?

Original post

Posted by Oaken, 02.09.2012 - 04:32
How many albums from a bands discography do you listen to before putting them in your list? Do you add them after one album or do you have to be a die hard fan who listened to their whole discography?
Personally, I used to put a lot of bands in my favorite bands list that I didn't really like and only listened to a few songs from, but now, I only add bands that I really like and listen to most albums in their discography.
06.09.2012 - 06:48
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I add them after they have consistently impressed me for a string of albums, or absolutely blow me away for about three, four releases or more.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
06.09.2012 - 08:15
Guib
Thrash Talker
Dont you automatically receive bands update when you add them to your favorites cuz I added some for that reason mainly... not because im a die hard fan Lol. I think theres a way to do it through the bands page aswell but idk I think Im too lazy for that so I just put few bands at the same time there and BANG ! lol If it would be only my all time favorites it would be shorter than that for sure lol
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
21.01.2014 - 19:37
When I really like the band. Two cases: 1. I feel the lyrics, 2. The music is so fucking awesome I don't care about the lyrics. If one of those happens for many songs of this band, then it's a favourite instantly.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
05.02.2014 - 18:13
Jtbmetal123
I usually choose a band to be my favorite if their albums constantly impress me and they dont sell out.
21.03.2014 - 16:59
andyschultz
Any band that i feel ive been listening to enough of their music and for long anough i start to refer to them as one of my favorites.
21.03.2014 - 20:45
no one
Account deleted
Written by andyschultz on 21.03.2014 at 16:59

Any band that i feel ive been listening to enough of their music and for long anough i start to refer to them as one of my favorites.

yeah i'm the same

i get the feeling that some people on here just listen to a band once or twice and decide they like them so add them to the list
30.03.2014 - 14:08
ToMegaTherion
Simple answer to this question is... Multiple albums that make me go "wow". Its quite rare really and I can probably only count on one had that this has happened.