Metal Storm logo
Non Gore Themed Death/Brutal Death/Slam Death Metal Bands?

03.09.2012 - 23:43
Saiyanity
Hey guys,

I'm looking to get into more death metal, particularly the Brutal Death Metal and Slam Death Metal sub-genres. Unfortunately though I'm not a huge fan of the gore centric lyrics. I prefer my music with more meaningful or deep lyrics. Lyrics about war and such are also pretty cool in their own right. Also I'd prefer if they weren't satanic/anti-religious lyrics. I know that rules out quite a large chuck of the bands but if any of you guys could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time.
03.09.2012 - 23:59
theFIST
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
04.09.2012 - 02:57
Oaken
Hipster
Written by Saiyanity on 03.09.2012 at 23:43

Hey guys,

I'm looking to get into more death metal, particularly the Brutal Death Metal and Slam Death Metal sub-genres. Unfortunately though I'm not a huge fan of the gore centric lyrics. I prefer my music with more meaningful or deep lyrics. Lyrics about war and such are also pretty cool in their own right. Also I'd prefer if they weren't satanic/anti-religious lyrics. I know that rules out quite a large chuck of the bands but if any of you guys could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time.

I'm also another guy who doesn't want satanic lyrics in his music, but I don't mind gore.
But here's everything non-satanic and non-gory I have listened to:
Atheist: DON'T read into the band's name. They're called Atheist, but they have nothing to do with religion.
Benighted: They're a little gory, but not to explicitly. Very brutal.
Bolt Thrower: Probably the death metal band with the best lyrics. ALL their songs are about war.
Brutality: Dark lyrics, but nothing to do with gore or satanism.
Death: The first death metal band. Their first few albums have gory lyrics, but starting from Human, they began focusing on deeper stuff.
Edge Of Sanity: Check out their album Crimson. It's a concept album that tells an epic story. Amazing lyrics.
Gorod: Technical death metal. Nothing gory as far as I know.
Malevolent Creation: Old-school death metal.
Necrophagist: Amazing technical death metal. They have NOTHING to do with religion. Their first album is very gory, but the second isn't.
Nile: Oriental-sounding brutal death metal. These will definitely suit you.
Obscura: Technical death with a sense of melody. No gore or religion.
Suffocation: Their stuff is very dark, but I couldn't help but recommend them since they're my fave death metal band.
There are loads more bands, but these are the ones I'm quite familiar with. I'm glad to help someone who's having the same problem that I once had.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
04.09.2012 - 06:03
BreadGod
Account deleted
The most obvious one I can think of is Nile, but there are many, many non-gore themed bands out there if you look hard enough. One such band I highly recommend is Sauriel. They talk about outer space and shit.
04.09.2012 - 06:06
Saiyanity
Thanks for the list Oaken! Really appreciate it, that will give me a lot of material to sort through, I'm sure I'll take a liking to a decent chunk of it.