Metal Storm logo
Kamelot - Release Sample From New Single

"Sacrimony (Angel Of Afterlife)", the first single taken from Kamelot's new opus has been made available on iTunes. You can listen to a two-minute sample of the single below and get a sneak peek into the new album Silverthorn. You will also be able to hear the new vocalist Tommy Karevik and see how he fits the band.

The band will release a video for "Sacrimony (Angel Of Afterlife)" soon.

The American symphonic metallers will release their new album Silverthorn on October 30th in North America, October 26th in Germany and October 29th in the rest of Europe via Steamhammer/SPV. It will receive its Japanese release on October 24th via King Records. More album details were previously reported here.

Source: kamelot.com
Band profile: Kamelot
Posted: 05.09.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 25   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 282 users
05.09.2012 - 20:36
Danyael

Not bad, but what really annoys me is this lame teen gothic image they've been constantly building lately. Ah well, guess there's money in that.
05.09.2012 - 20:49
Dargor

Besides what anyone could say about the cover (which doesn't bother me at all), I do think from this simple that it's a good song. It sound more like older Kamelot (Karma, Epica, Black Halo) which is a very good thing in my opinion!
05.09.2012 - 20:54
haladflire65
Account deleted
Yeah, I think the cover's fine too, and I quite like the song so far. The soaring chorus is really nice and it reminds me of SW, which it should since Tommy did a lot of the vocal lines I think. He's sounding good!
05.09.2012 - 20:54
Zhao
The Arkaholic
Wow, this guy sounds a lot like Khan.
05.09.2012 - 21:03
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I agree that this sample sounds quite good, and if there was some scepticism about Tommy's voice, it's all gone now. The vocals at 1:07 are terrible though... But I'm guessing that's a character from the concept of the album, which is another fact that I'm very anxious about.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
05.09.2012 - 22:09
CyberSymphony
Ollie
This sounds hugely promising and the new vocalist sound pretty good. Hopefully the new album will be better than the last, which I think it may be.
05.09.2012 - 22:57
chronic-headache

Sounds amazing, like they are going back to the style of their heyday (karma-black halo), and while Tommy sounds quite similer to khan, you can just tell he's a bit different (though you need to listen carefully for it)

yeah, totally hyped for this album!
05.09.2012 - 23:40
Kamil
Account deleted
I think, that after change on vocal Kamelot sounds much better and much more refreshing, than on last two albums.
05.09.2012 - 23:50
skerfy

Really excited about this, was hoping for a SW influence and from what im hearing this already sounds better than kamelots last few albums, back to black halo :-)
----
"What do you think you're doing it's broad bloody daylight, you've got no consideration for cyclists! Pardon....it's broad bloody daylight, you've got no consideration for cyclists! Alriiiight!"
06.09.2012 - 00:35
Opethian

Why did they have to wait to get a new vocalist to sound this awesome again? Hmm ...
06.09.2012 - 01:15
MetalSpider

Sounds good actually...the new guy's voice sounds similar to Khan, but let's see how he performs on other songs. I'll definitely check the album out now.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
06.09.2012 - 01:53
Fredd
Account deleted
I have the rare feeling that this will be good.
06.09.2012 - 04:03
dougver1

Woah, the new singer holds up pretty well...
06.09.2012 - 07:37
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
He sorta sounds like Khan, though I didn't really expect the almost Shagrath sounding rough vocals. Not too bad though.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
06.09.2012 - 07:45
The Black Halo

I have to say I do believe Tommy is making an effort to sound more like Khan, only because I've been listening to Seventh Wonder for a long time, and even when Tommy sung at his lowest he didn't sound a bit like Khan. But oddly enough...Im ok with it, only because this sounds absolutely amazing. Karma through The Black Halo was easily Kamelots strongest stint, and this brings back fond memories of it.

I still fear for the fate of Seventh Wonder. I'd say no one can replace Tommy in that band, but I can remember many saying the same about Khan, and look where we are now.
----
~But I'll await my darkest hour
When the guilt doesn't get to me~
----------------------------------------
m/ m/ m/ m/ m/ m/ m/ m/
----------------------------------------
06.09.2012 - 09:07
haladflire65
Account deleted
Written by The Black Halo on 06.09.2012 at 07:45
I still fear for the fate of Seventh Wonder. I'd say no one can replace Tommy in that band, but I can remember many saying the same about Khan, and look where we are now.

According to SW's official FB, they're working on new material. He's said that he's not going to leave the band so I'm staying optimistic.

But yeah, I've been getting pretty frustrated by the whole "Tommy's-trying-to-imitate-Khan" complaints. If he sounds too different, people would have had issues too. I'm loving how it sounds so far though, so I'm hoping Silverthorn is solid and proves all the skeptics wrong. I like how Tommy's style's a bit different from SW, it's nice and fresh. The only thing I'm a bit worried about are the lyrics, since SW's never had the strongest of those and we don't have Khan's songwriting input any more...
06.09.2012 - 16:36
demonsarising

I approve of Tommy.
06.09.2012 - 21:00
opeth771

Beautiful song I love it so far
07.09.2012 - 10:01
The Melting Snow

Great, the vocals dont sound very different, and i love that.
10.09.2012 - 03:08
Novas

Tbh, I can just about tolerate him in Seventh Wonder, so I was like 'hm, I dont knowww'.
But then surprisingly, he impersonates Khan so well, maybe even better!
10.09.2012 - 03:10
Novas

Written by Danyael on 05.09.2012 at 20:36

Not bad, but what really annoys me is this lame teen gothic image they've been constantly building lately. Ah well, guess there's money in that.

Whats wrong with Goth? Its basically been that way since Epica/Black Halo
It blends with everything the bands does.
I didnt like PftP much cuz they held back on the symphonic goth elements that made BH & Ghost Opera so great.
And the female guest vox is e great vocalist in her own band.
10.09.2012 - 18:26
Danyael

Written by Novas on 10.09.2012 at 03:10

I didnt like PftP much cuz they held back on the symphonic goth elements that made BH & Ghost Opera so great.

I kinda agree, but I think they went into that a bit more then what suits them, almost like they are deliberately trying to reach goth audiences, and they clearly are not a goth band. That's why I find it a bit "lame" cos its too obvious. I wasn't referring to their music though, just the overall "image" they are almost trying to force in. Like The Great Pandemonium video for example - for some it may be a good video, but to me that doesn't represent Kamelot for what they really are. Some may say that the band evolved, but I can't help but think that they just realized along the way that this is what more people will go for.

Sorry if I offended anyone, just my personal observation
20.09.2012 - 03:53
Novas

Written by Danyael on 10.09.2012 at 18:26

Written by Novas on 10.09.2012 at 03:10

I kinda agree, but I think they went into that a bit more then what suits them, almost like they are deliberately trying to reach goth audiences, and they clearly are not a goth band. That's why I find it a bit "lame" cos its too obvious. I wasn't referring to their music though, just the overall "image" they are almost trying to force in. Like The Great Pandemonium video for example - for some it may be a good video, but to me that doesn't represent Kamelot for what they really are. Some may say that the band evolved, but I can't help but think that they just realized along the way that this is what more people will go for.

Sorry if I offended anyone, just my personal observation

Didnt offend at least, you're good lol. But the 'image' ur saying has been with them since Black Halo. They produced a darker theme since then, especially on Ghost Opera - which imo, is theirmost gothic album. But I think it's cuz their symphonic elements is what makes them seem goth. Since Halo, their music has 'slowed' in a way less power metal feel, cept on Poisoned... But nevertheless, Im personally looking forward to this one, especially if it sounds like Halo & Opera
23.09.2012 - 22:00
Ammon Zeus

Real Kamelot song and the vocals are like the roy.............has not ever gone!!!:thumbup:
16.10.2012 - 02:29
LordHypnos
Account deleted
OMG! I want this album so badly!

Hits total: 4041 | This month: 7