Your favourite haggard album is:

Eppur Si Muove
Awaking The Centuries
And Thou Shalt Trust... The Seer

Total votes: 31
21.11.2006 - 05:42
Zendrian
Account deleted
Haggard is just amazing in all its aspects, I really admire it, so I decided to hear other opinions.

please dont judge the album by his sound quality (it wouldnt be fair with old albums)
judge it by the musical complexity and for what it means to you, so try to be pointed.
21.11.2006 - 07:18
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Eppur Si Mouve is my favourite, second is And Thou Shall Trust, and Awaking the Centuries third.

All albums have strong songs, i feel the latest has the most though. Awaking only goes for some 35 minutes, it has 3 of their best songs (The Final Victory, Awaking The Centuries and In A Full Moons Procession), but thats almost the entire album.
21.11.2006 - 07:44
?Bodomchild?

Nice one, but sadly i have only one album of haggard and its Eppur Si Mouve, this a extraordinary album for shure !! i havnt heard the other albums yet but thy are in my list
----
asd
21.11.2006 - 12:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hmmmm IMO its earlyer albums, I realy love them earlyer albums and demo, specely when it lil sounds like death metal, and song ''Dady Was Her Firts Man'' are my fav song of tjem so I vote for ''And Thou Shalt Trust... The Seer''
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.11.2006 - 16:50
Vidrageon
Account deleted
I voted for Eppur si Muove, really their zenith of creativity.
22.11.2006 - 04:53
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Every album of the band is great, but I choose the first one: "And Thou Shalt Trust... The Seer" I find the pure essence of the band there
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
26.11.2006 - 11:33
duyhung
Account deleted
Awaking The Centuries, I like the classical atmosphere in this album
27.11.2006 - 19:54
Bitch Boy

Awaking the centuries, it has an excellent production and my favorite Haggard song (The final victory).
02.12.2006 - 02:05
Vanhellis

Definetely it's a hard choice between Eppur Si Mouve and Awaking The Centuries but my vote is for the Eppur Si Mouve because of its inspiring and terrific lyrics I also have to admit that both the Eppur Si Mouve and the Awaking The Centuries are two wonderful masterpieces if we see their musical quality and the way theyre composed but in the end the Eppur Si Mouve has a better atmosphere that let's you interpretate the lyrics and find a meaning for each song. (I also vote for this one because I got mad with all the instrumental songs in the Awaking The Centuries) But generally talking Haggard has an excellent musical quality.:mad:
----
26.04.2007 - 15:38
APOHAKC
The Bard
Awaking the Centuries was my first Haggard album, I was amazed with it, I listened to that album for a very long time. That mix of metal and classical music I never heard before, then I bought And Thou Should Trust The Seer, even better album, such a great atmosphere, I never heard such melody created with electric guitars, violins and million of other instruments, all songs are real masterpieces. I thought it is impossible to make better album than that. Finnaly I bought Eppur Si Mouve, I was waiting for that album so long... I put it in my CD player and I was shocked.. Even fucking better than first two albums. Songs are even more complexed than on Awaking... and And Thou... more melodic, with much more passion and intelligent melodies, vocals are incredible, fenomenal mix of melody and agression, unreleased till then... fantastic, really fantastic
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
26.04.2007 - 16:25
Judas
The Amputator
'Eppur Si Muove' is my favourite, probably because the vocals are amazing and the instrumentation is clearer for me to attempt on my violin!
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
26.04.2007 - 21:12
Bas
Retired Staff
i think all albums have their strengths and weaknesses

Eppur Si Muove is my favourite though, it is the most powerful and strongest one of the albums, i also love And Thou Sahlt Trust The Seer for it's amazing atmosphere and of course also Awaking The Centuries because it is kind of inbetween... i also have the ep, Progressive, but i wont compare it to the other three, simply because it's a fully different genre, still very good though (by far not as good as the others though )

Eppur Si Muove is still my top fav though, can't wait for the new album by the way!
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
28.04.2007 - 15:21
Corwin

voted for eppur si muove although i like and thou shall trust... the seer almost the same
only reason i voted for eppur is that i know whats the concept its written..

next album should rock
----
08.08.2007 - 23:51
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Really hard for me to choose between "Awaking...." and "Eppur...", but I hit Awaking the Centuries, I dont know why, maybe because it is the wirst I've heard.... Man, that's some music you'll hardly describe with words... Both albums are really great, not a bad thing to say about either. Also "and thou...." is very good album, and "Progressive", even its not symphonic, has some great riffs and melodies there. Really, I cannot say a bad word for this band.
----
13.10.2007 - 01:01
Mustis
Account deleted
Eppur Si Muove is the best album, with songs like Of a might divine and All´inizio è La Morte, thay are an escellent band. wish they come to venezuela
11.01.2008 - 22:07
Hamird
Lieutenant
I voted for Awaken the Centuries ... coz that was the first symphonic work that i've ever heard and i have good memories of that album ... i like the album-titled song and Prophecy ... (i cant remember the name) but that song had a good drums. i like that