‹‹ Back to the Metal arena Pages: 1 [2]
Users visited: 138  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Dentura on 08.09.2012 at 05:04
I thought this might lead to an interesting discussion. There are many of us who put much direct focus on either the music or the lyrics from a particular song or album. In a perfect world, we would of course want both to be of high quality with an equal amount of focus. However what would happen if one of these things was shit, and the other was great? Which would you prefer, spellbinding music with a terrible vocalist singing some of the most atrocious, banal lyrics you could ever write on a bar napkin, or vice-versa, some of the worst, vile music that almost borders on "Lulu" territory, but having an amazing vocalist singing some of the most beautiful and poetic lyrics since Lord Byron? I personally prefer the former myself, but comment below.

Page 2 of 2

Fritillaria
Evil Butterfly

12.09.2013 at 23:21
The music makes a difference that if lyrics matter or nope
----
Soundtrack of my life : Evil Dead
"He replies that he is stronger than the wolves, because he stands alone."
telephonebear

21.04.2014 at 21:20
Music as thats the thing that hits you first. but lyrics are just as important for future listens as i much prefer a song to be deep and emotional. i think so long as the two compliment each other and the music fits the words and vice versa its good

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 [2]

Login or register to post here.