Metal Storm logo
The Dear Hunter

11.09.2012 - 15:58
helofloki

Progressive Rock genre splicing multi-album concept geniuses from Providence, Rhode Island. Before 'The Color Spectrum' you could expect anything from Vaudeville to At the Drive In, with wicked catchy and poignant lyrics. They can go from rocking out, to powerful emotion, to funny to just weird, but nothing ever sounds quite out of place. Each song is a well constructive creative piece of work. Currently they are in the middle of a 6 album concept about a boy known as the 'Dear Hunter' being raised in a whorehouse. Their most recent installment was ACT III.

Oh, and then 'The Color Spectrum' happened. This behemoth is 9 EP's each four songs long. Each EP represents one of the seven colors of the spectrum and they are bookended by black and white. With this they have somehow managed to expand their breadth of style even more and yet somehow, everything remains so very Dear Hunter. Pretty damn impressive.

Anyway, they are soon to release their follow up to 'The Color Spectrum' (sorry fans of the Acts). But I am fascinated to see where they go next. So, anyone else fans of this band? Familiar with them? sound interesting want to know where to start? discuss what the hell this new album will be like? Here's the place!
28.09.2012 - 21:51
helofloki

Going to see them open up for Coheed and Cambria tonight in Worcester. I am excited as shit. It's gonna be awesome.
28.09.2012 - 22:43
Urs Blank

I remember listening to their Act I album when it came out. I enjoyed it but for some reason I didn't follow them afterwards and I must say I had completely forgot about them. Might give their other albums a try.The Color Spectrum seems to be a very ambitious project, and it better be impressive as you say cause it will take me quite a long time to listen to the whole thing

Oh and btw enjoy the show!
04.10.2012 - 02:00
helofloki

The show was awsome, but I gotta say Coheed stole it. Three was the opening band, I'd never heard them before, but I was impressed, excellent showmanship. The Dear Hunter rocked my socks off despite having some technical difficulties. They usually end with Red Hands, but this time finished with The Collapse of the Great Tide Cliffs. At first was feeling disappointed we wouldn't get the sing along, but holy shit did they rock the end out of that thing. Really amazing.

But yeah, Coheed was unbelievable. We had a good view and a decent mix where we were standing. Plus, they owned the crowd. Everyone came in on Cue even on parts I'd never expect them to. One of the best shows I've been to.

For reference, I'll put up Red Hands and The Collapse of the Great Tide Clfifs for those unfamiliar with the band: