Metal Storm logo
Metal band simulation game idea

14.09.2012 - 03:17
vgmaster9

Despite being about a game, I'll just put this here since it involves metal.

Do you think it would be cool if you could play a simulation game about running a metal band? You could pick any style you like for your band, whether it be traditional, thrash, death, doom, progressive, folk, metalcore, etc. You could do things like going on tours, making albums, doing interviews, and more. You could also have a certain musician for your band do solo projects. There would even a manager mode when you manage the band with things.

Think that would make an interesting game?
14.09.2012 - 03:33
Lit.
Account deleted
14.09.2012 - 03:33
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
So it's like Championship Manager with Guitar Hero style gigs, RPG style choices for interviews, Street Fighter style battles for scuffs with other band members, third person adventure perspective where you go around trying to find drugs and pick up girls, GTA style driving where your bus driver has to make trips through cities whilst drunk and fucked on acid etc.

I'd totally play that.
14.09.2012 - 03:37
Fredd
Account deleted
Like FIFA football manager but with a band? DUCK YES.
14.09.2012 - 03:38
Crucifux
Account deleted
I could see this working as some sort of Sims expansion if it wasn't exclusively metal.
17.09.2012 - 06:41
vgmaster9

Also, there are three ways a band member of yours can die: Either by them leaving, getting fired, or by death. You can also change your band's musical style dramatically, like either how Anathema went from gothic doom to atmospheric rock, or how Morbid Angel went from death metal to industrial.
18.09.2012 - 08:22
Nefarious
Doom Knight
Like this?

It's quite basic though. Would like to see this idea expanded a bit.
----
"FUCK!!! You're the fucking 5th person asking me in an interview about the woman in the bathtub?The problem is that I AM the fucking person in the bathtub, and I AM a fucking MAN, for fuck's sake! I hate you all!" ~ Herr Morbid
18.09.2012 - 10:53
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Nefarious on 18.09.2012 at 08:22

Like this?

wow...its catchy cant stop playing it
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

20.09.2012 - 01:05
vgmaster9

Written by Nefarious on 18.09.2012 at 08:22

Like this?

It's quite basic though. Would like to see this idea expanded a bit.

It just hit me, maybe we could have a PC game that's a much bigger version than this. The core release would cover genres like garage rock, blues rock, psychedelic rock, progressive rock, hard rock, southern rock, glam rock, pop rock, folk rock, punk rock, alternative rock, soft rock, and much more.

Of course, there would be an expansion devoted to metal music. Genres would include heavy metal, speed metal, thrash metal, death metal, black metal, grindcore, groove metal, industrial metal, doom metal, progressive metal, power metal, gothic metal, symphonic metal, and folk metal. You could even make a hair metal, nu metal, or metalcore band (either like Hatebreed or Killswitch Engage).
26.09.2012 - 15:27
Angry Chair

I would defiantly buy and play this if it was done right.
----
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot
26.09.2012 - 16:03
Oaken
Hipster
I think there should be an RPG set in Norway back in the early 90s that covers the black metal scene. You create your character, give him a name, and choose your corpse paint style. You play in an open-world Norway with black metal landmarks (Like Euronymous' store), and you interact with the likes of Varg and Abbath. You have to fight death metal "posers" like Glen Benton. The soundtrack is fully composed of black metal songs (like the Brutal Legend soundtrack, but all black metal). In one chapter, you go with Abbath to Blashyrkh and you fight some Winterdemons. Man, that would be amazing!
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
26.09.2012 - 19:37
Zap
Written by Oaken on 26.09.2012 at 16:03

I think there should be an RPG set in Norway back in the early 90s that covers the black metal scene. You create your character, give him a name, and choose your corpse paint style. You play in an open-world Norway with black metal landmarks (Like Euronymous' store), and you interact with the likes of Varg and Abbath. You have to fight death metal "posers" like Glen Benton. The soundtrack is fully composed of black metal songs (like the Brutal Legend soundtrack, but all black metal). In one chapter, you go with Abbath to Blashyrkh and you fight some Winterdemons. Man, that would be amazing!

I'd pay for that stuff
However the idea of the original thread sounds boring, then you might as well just start a band yourself.

EDIT: also, this:
27.09.2012 - 05:31
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Guest on 14.09.2012 at 03:33

Bam.
And Bam.

wow bad example, he meant like a ''Roller Coaster Tycoon'' type of game. You see ?

Not literally playing the songs and all. Its a micro-managing game, and YES it would be fucking awesome.
Would be even better if you could like manage a metal festival or tour whatever.

Oh and for the smart-ass who said ''might aswell start your own band'' Yeah easy to fucking say man. Now do it, we'll see what your thoughts about this are after.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
27.09.2012 - 06:24
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
SimMetal.

You forgot the bit about choosing which medievil church to torch.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
27.09.2012 - 06:57
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by M C Vice on 27.09.2012 at 06:24

SimMetal.

You forgot the bit about choosing which medievil church to torch.

And which other black metal comrad to murder in cold blood and get recognition out of it while serving jail time.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
27.09.2012 - 08:46
Dinruth

Written by Guest on 14.09.2012 at 03:33

So it's like Championship Manager with Guitar Hero style gigs, RPG style choices for interviews, Street Fighter style battles for scuffs with other band members, third person adventure perspective where you go around trying to find drugs and pick up girls, GTA style driving where your bus driver has to make trips through cities whilst drunk and fucked on acid etc.

I'd totally play that.

when I read the content of the topic I was like "wow this sounds boring as hell" but your interpretation actually sounds like it cold be a great game
03.07.2016 - 03:36
vgmaster9

Sorry for the bump, but I have a new idea for such a game. You can also actually chose how big your band can be. It can be from being an international success like bands such as Iron Maiden and Metaliica, to being totally underground local band.