06. Sing-Ling Temple
07. 1947
08. Forty Nine Theurgy Chains
09. Rise Of The Shadows
10. Bloody Waves Of Sorrow
11. Spell Of Setting Sun: Mirror Of Retribution
12. Unlimited Taiwan [bonus]

Additional info
Produced, engineered and mixed by Rob Caggiano (Anthrax)

Guest review by
MétalNoir
Rating:
ChthoniCis approximately the Far East's version of Brit nasty, filthy, evil metallers Cradle Of Filth. And as their idols, the Taiwanese are an ever-changing band. While the brilliant Seediq Bale was a highly melodic, sorrowful search of mythical beauty mixed with the fury of a Chinese pagan storm, Mirror Of Retribution is a brutal meloblack album filled with raw riffs, bestial shrieks and uncontrollable blast beats. So, the essential question is: where is the symphonic black/folk band I loved so much? Where is the crystal clear production that made the erhu-keyboards combo send shivers down my spine? Where are Doris Yeh's soaring vocals that turned any bloody track into a sing-along? And what is this savage, raw, almost grindcore thing standing in its place? Let's face it: Mirror Of Retribution is ChthoniC's own version of Thornography.

Read more ››
published 21.09.2009 | Comments (5)

Found in 4 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 117 users
15.09.2012 - 20:39
Rating: 7
musicalkaratekid

Admittedly there are some impressive moments on this album as on 'Rise of the Shadows', but I feel as if the album is let down by those annoying vocals.
20.02.2014 - 14:11
Rating: 9
marshalldml

For this album,i feel that the vocals of the Taiwanese version is much better than the English version.
this doesn't happen in the other albums of them though.

Hits total: 8707 | This month: 13