Metal Storm logo
HammerFall - Releasing New DVD In November

The Swedes HammerFall might be taking a break in 2012/13, but the band has announced the release of a live DVD+2CD entitled Gates Of Dalhalla on November 30th, including prominent guests such as original line-up members Jesper Strömblad and Mikael Stanne, as well as ex-guitarist Stefan Elmgren, among others.

For this, the 135 minutes long 15-year anniversary show that took place on July 28th on the historic open-air stage Dalhalla, built in an old quarry near the small Swedish village Rättvik, was captured on camera. The DVD was recorded and dircted by Patric Ullaeus (Dimmu Borgir, Children Of Bodom, In Flames). It will be released as a DVD/2-CD and Blu-Ray/2-CD.

Oscar Dronjak commented: "The set contained 26 tracks and lasted 2 hours and 15 minutes, by far the longest and most comprehensive gig of our entire career! We played songs from every album and then some, there were lots of guests and pyros, and we had 80 Marshall cabinets and the big shield with the HF logo carved out in the middle hanging brought out of storage, all set in an extremely unique venue. You really have to see it to understand, this concert really captured the essence of HammerFall live in 2012 very well!"

He continues: "Everything concerning this release is special: the venue, the occasion, the setlist, the guests. If you are going to celebrate something, do it properly, and this is exactly what we have done. HammerFall with extra everything, 100% live, 0% bullshit."

Gates Of Dalhalla tracklist:

01. Patient Zero
02. Heeding The Call
03. Any Means Necessary
04. B.Y.H.
05. Riders Of The Storm
06. Let's Get It On
07. Crimson Thunder
08. Renegade
09. Blood Bound (special guest: Stefan Elmgren)
10. Last Man Standing (special guest: Stefan Elmgren)
11. Fury Of The Wild (special guest: Stefan Elmgren)
12. Drum Solo: Anders Johansson
13. Always Will Be
14. Dia De Los Muertos
15. Steel Meets Steel (special guest: Mikael Stanne)
16. Threshold
17. The Dragon Lies Bleeding (special guest: Jesper Strömblad)
18. Let The Hammer Fall
19. När Vindarna Viskar Mitt Namn (special guest: Roger Pontare)
20. Something For The Ages
21. The Templar Flame
22. Oh Fortuna (special guest: Team Cans)
23. Glory To The Brave (special guest: Team Cans)
24. One More Time (special guest: Team Cans)
25. Hammerfall
26. Hearts On Fire (featuring all special guests)

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: HammerFall
Posted: 21.09.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 59 users
22.09.2012 - 12:05
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
I do hope this sounds good, last few albums were quite bad IMHO and on top of it Cans live doesn't sound good at all nowdays.
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
22.09.2012 - 16:49
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
I used to be a big Hammerfall fan, not so much these days, but this looks like a must have in the collection.
24.09.2012 - 12:05
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Irritable Ted on 21.09.2012 at 21:15

I grow weary of this band.

I'm in the same boat as you, but this appears to be quite an extraordinary release.

I will most probably check this out, a bit too many songs from the new album but other than that that is a good tracklist if HF can ever still produce one. I call bullshit on the "100% live" thing, we all know your little lip-synching secret Oscar

Hits total: 3720 | This month: 2