Metal Storm logo
Songs with insane drumming

Original post

Posted by Remus, 22.11.2006 - 21:16
Necrophagist's "Stabwound", Deeds of Flesh's "Crown of Souls", Nile's "Sacrifice Unto Sebeck" - what do all these songs have in common? Well, it's insane drumming. Can you recommend me songs with similar drumming? I'm pretty sure Behemoth fans or Cryptopsy fans must know of quite a lot of these. Please don't say stuff like: "anything from band "x" has good drums", post the name of the one song that just rocks your socks from the certain band, maybe why you like it i.e. blasts, double bass. Well, let's hear it!
03.05.2014 - 06:27
Dr.Overkill26

Sugar coated sour by DEP is pretty insane...
----
Do you need what I need? Boundaries overthrown Look inside to each his own
Do you trust what I trust? me myself and I Penetrate the smoke screen I see Through the selfish lie
13.05.2014 - 00:07
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
I really like Brann Dailor's drumming from the first few Mastodon albums. It's a bit different than stuff you'd hear in death metal, as there's so much emphasis on the drumming he's doing with his hands. It also sounds a bit jazzy to me, with tons of odd patterns and fills.

Just try Crusher Destroyer or March of the Fire Ants for a sample, though I don't have any particular song that I favor more than the other, since they've all got great drumming, in my opinion. It's maybe not as utterly neckbreaking-fast or insane as Cryptopsy and such, but I still think it sounds great--probably my favorite part of most Mastodon tracks.
----
13.05.2014 - 05:23
Dr.Overkill26

Written by Jaeryd on 13.05.2014 at 00:07

I really like Brann Dailor's drumming from the first few Mastodon albums. It's a bit different than stuff you'd hear in death metal, as there's so much emphasis on the drumming he's doing with his hands. It also sounds a bit jazzy to me, with tons of odd patterns and fills.

Just try Crusher Destroyer or March of the Fire Ants for a sample, though I don't have any particular song that I favor more than the other, since they've all got great drumming, in my opinion. It's maybe not as utterly neckbreaking-fast or insane as Cryptopsy and such, but I still think it sounds great--probably my favorite part of most Mastodon tracks.

Dude, You just gave me a reason to Re-listen to Mastodon's entire Discography. and they're already one of my favorite Bands.

Also John Coltrane's A love Supreme is Pretty Insane Drum-wise. Unfortunatly I wont be listening to much of anything until I my Ipod, it's hella Glitching out. Lamesauce:(
----
Do you need what I need? Boundaries overthrown Look inside to each his own
Do you trust what I trust? me myself and I Penetrate the smoke screen I see Through the selfish lie
13.05.2014 - 11:32
raveneffect

Steven Wilson - Luminol

Pretty much one of the reasons why Marco is one of the world's best drummer nowadays.
15.05.2014 - 00:47
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
11.11.2014 - 23:40
_deepblack

Tool : Parabola - Triad - Lateralus
Isis : Altered Course - Weight - In Fiction
Mastodon : Oblivion - Crack The Skye
Dream Theater : Panic Attack
Soen : Savia
WASP : Titanic Overtune
King Crimson : Starless - Red