Metal Storm logo
Shining

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 19.05.2006 - 07:00
Suicidal Black Metal baby...

one of the most obscure bands on earth... passionate, dense, suffocationg, fullfilled by despair... their debut album is my favourite followed by The Eerie Cold...

what do you expect for their next? the chapter V is released this year...
29.12.2011 - 17:47
JD
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 12.03.2007 at 16:04

intro of 'I Och Med INsikt Skall Du Förg'

"Oooh look at all the pathetic black clad wannabees running off to buy the new Shining album. Yeah! Within the framework of our scene, this shit's the latest thing! Something to take a stand for, right? Something new and all so evil. I mean - shit, what could possibly be more cruel than suicide, right?

What you ignorant little fucks don't seem to be getting, though, what oh so few of you seem to realize at all, is that this is no fucking joke. Far too many of you haven't questioned yourselves nearly enough to deserve to pretend to feel at home with this music. And honestly, most of YOU are even more degenerate and shallow than the commercial means you pride yourself sooo for hating.

Hate. You don't know what real hatred is and consequently horror is just a joke for you. In reality, your vanity IS horror. Just think of all the putrid decadence and inner ugliness passed down genetically to all of us. We're all potential child rapists, flaming homosexuals, murderers, thieves - any other egocentric dung you could think of. And as much as it might appeal to YOU to support all this, in essence - our "nature" - it's just pathetic since you'd shit in your fucking panties if confronted to the real world out there.

And what is with you fucking morons, dissing men like Eminem and Manson - what??? Is that jealousy due to the fact of them bringing this shit to the masses without pretensions of style? I mean at least in their case the audience reflects the artists, right, which is something that can't be said for Shining, now, is it?

So take a long good look at yourself, because MAYBE Shining isn't really YOUR thing. Maybe, you should just turn on the radio and forget all about these obscure releases you have to buy in order to listen to. And maybe you should just give the fuck up understanding the perspectives of schizophrenics and psychos making art just to destroy the minds of stupid little kids with too big allowances.

Shining's not into building an army. Shining's not a promise for the future. Shining's just the pain of being human here and now.
If your're into the whole organized misanthropy thing, I suggest you go for shit like Dimmu Borgir instead.

Anyway. On behalf of Shining and Selbstmord Services it's my honor to extend a general deathwish to all of you fucking weaklings.
Ahh. Fuck you."

Sounds like a rap song.

*Eminem style*
06.01.2012 - 00:10
awheio
I'm surprised anyone would make such a fuss about Kvarforth's kissing a man. Indeed, he's just a provocative nut.
06.01.2012 - 00:22
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by awheio on 06.01.2012 at 00:10
I'm surprised anyone would make such a fuss about Kvarforth's kissing a man. Indeed, he's just a provocative nut.

I thought it was awesome, especially when he made out with Hoest.

What's more black metal than making out with a dude on stage?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
06.01.2012 - 01:07
snake? snaaaake!
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 06.01.2012 at 00:22

What's more black metal than making out with a dude on stage?

Didn't Marilyn Manson give a blowjob on stage?
06.01.2012 - 01:10
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guest on 06.01.2012 at 01:07
Didn't Marilyn Manson give a blowjob on stage?

Hadn't heard about that. I thought the rumor was that he removed some of his lower ribs to suck himself off.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
06.01.2012 - 01:12
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 06.01.2012 at 01:10

Hadn't heard about that. I thought the rumor was that he removed some of his lower ribs to suck himself off.

You see I always thought that was Prince? (the artist formally known as) I said this to some people not long ago and they said is was Mazza too.
06.01.2012 - 01:16
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guest on 06.01.2012 at 01:12
You see I always thought that was Prince? (the artist formally known as) I said this to some people not long ago and they said is was Mazza too.

Yeesh. And to think, the only guy who would probably do something like that is Kvarforth.
----
06.01.2012 - 09:42
Slayer666
Written by Lucas on 12.03.2007 at 16:04

intro of 'I Och Med INsikt Skall Du Förg'

Wowzers. This is by far one of the most pathetic attempts to prove how 'real' you are I've seen from anybody.
Kvarforth is just a retard, but I knew that from all the interviews I've seen with him. Ah well, he have us some fine albums, so I guess I'll let it slide.
06.01.2012 - 10:01
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Slayer666 on 06.01.2012 at 09:42
This is by far one of the most pathetic attempts to prove how 'real' you are I've seen from anybody.

No doubt about it, it doesn't get much more forced than that.

Plus he loses points for sounding like a clean-lunged drunken Crusty the Clown.
----
06.01.2012 - 12:39
Warman
Erotic Stains
I don't really think that intro is intended to be taken completely seriously. And from some interviews with Kvarforth, you can tell that he has a sense of humour.
----
06.01.2012 - 13:23
Vombatus
Potorro
He made out with Hoest too ? I thought it was only Maniac....
06.01.2012 - 14:07
Warman
Erotic Stains
What's the big deal with a dude kissing another dude? Maybe it's just something for swedes, but it is a typical drunken behaviour here. I've made out with like 10 of my male friends while we're drunk.
----
06.01.2012 - 19:48
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Warman on 06.01.2012 at 12:39

I don't really think that intro is intended to be taken completely seriously. And from some interviews with Kvarforth, you can tell that he has a sense of humour.

sense of humour? Totally not imo.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.01.2012 - 13:49
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.01.2012 at 19:48

sense of humour? Totally not imo.

Guess it depends on which one of his personalities we're talking about.
----
07.01.2012 - 15:31
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Warman on 06.01.2012 at 14:07

What's the big deal with a dude kissing another dude? Maybe it's just something for swedes, but it is a typical drunken behaviour here. I've made out with like 10 of my male friends while we're drunk.

That would totally explain why the lastest album was so gay.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
06.08.2012 - 12:05
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
I never knew depression could sound so amazing.... i love this band gives a music to my depression as well.
I sit in the dark and listen to them and its beautifully dark
06.08.2012 - 15:03
The Turbanator
Written by Guest on 06.08.2012 at 12:05

I never knew depression could sound so amazing.... i love this band gives a music to my depression as well.

For me Shining is more BM than Depressive though. There are many other bands out there that sounds way depressed than Shining.

You can check this thread for recommendations : http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=470
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
06.08.2012 - 15:20
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
Written by The Turbanator on 06.08.2012 at 15:03

Written by Guest on 06.08.2012 at 12:05

For me Shining is more BM than Depressive though. There are many other bands out there that sounds way depressed than Shining.

You can check this thread for recommendations : http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=470

Thanks for the suggestion
23.08.2012 - 13:50
Warman
Erotic Stains
I know, this is ridiculous, but does anyone know if the song sample at the end is a song from another band? I hope not, because it sounds damn promising in my ears!

----
23.08.2012 - 17:43
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Warman on 23.08.2012 at 13:50

I know, this is ridiculous, but does anyone know if the song sample at the end is a song from another band? I hope not, because it sounds damn promising in my ears!

Woah, what a pathetic try-hard attention whore. The last 20 seconds weren't too shabby.
----
Rod, let me love you.
24.08.2012 - 14:38
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by X-Ray Rod on 23.08.2012 at 17:43

Woah, what a pathetic try-hard attention whore. The last 20 seconds weren't too shabby.

I bet it's a mix of having nothing to do and to get some attention. I wonder how the conversation goes before he and some other dude films the whole thing? Like: "There's nothing to do, man. How about we put on some Christmas music and I sit naked, masturbating, in a bath tub and lick a fake pussy? And after that we can include a song sample."

Kvarforth, do a show in Stockholm instead of wasting time filming shit like that!
BTW, I guess the sellout thing they're talking about is either just bullshit or a couple of songs in the same vein as the latest cover EP.
----
24.08.2012 - 16:48
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Warman on 24.08.2012 at 14:38

I bet it's a mix of having nothing to do and to get some attention. I wonder how the conversation goes before he and some other dude films the whole thing? Like: "There's nothing to do, man. How about we put on some Christmas music and I sit naked, masturbating, in a bath tub and lick a fake pussy? And after that we can include a song sample."

The thing I find hilarious is that the dude really seems serious... I mean, he really believes he's being schocking and that he's upsetting everyone.
----
Rod, let me love you.
24.08.2012 - 21:13
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by X-Ray Rod on 24.08.2012 at 16:48

Written by Warman on 24.08.2012 at 14:38

The thing I find hilarious is that the dude really seems serious... I mean, he really believes he's being schocking and that he's upsetting everyone.

I don't think he can do anything anymore that would shock or upset people.

Maybe if he got help?
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
24.08.2012 - 22:45
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 29.12.2011 at 17:47

Sounds like a rap song.

Actually the end reminds me of something Hunter S. Thompson would say.
21.10.2012 - 17:43
The Turbanator
Written by Warman on 23.08.2012 at 13:50

Hahaha what garbage....
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
10.11.2012 - 21:47
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
I don't understand the hatred being directed at Kvarforth. Sure, the new direction he's taking Shining in might now be the most appetizing for black metal snobs, but if you read the lyrics and listen to his voice, the pain is still there. And isn't that what Shining was built on in the first place? Pain? Suicide?

I CAN understand, however, why people think Kvarforth is an asshole. I mean, that video of him fucked up on something(s) and smearing blood all over the place is ridiculous. His forthcoming book, numbered in his blood makes him look like a dick. But here's something to think about. 90 PERCENT OF BLACK METAL MUSICIANS ARE ASSHOLES. Members of Mayhem, Burzum, Darkthrone and probably some others that I'm leaving out ARE FUCKING DICKS and make Kvarforth look like Santa Claus. I'd rather watch a dude on video cut and burn himself as a cry for help rather than hear about a buncha douches burning down churches or murdering people.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
11.11.2012 - 00:13
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by LeChron James on 10.11.2012 at 21:47
Members of Mayhem, Burzum, Darkthrone and probably some others that I'm leaving out ARE FUCKING DICKS and make Kvarforth look like Santa Claus.

I'd leave members from Mayhem and specially Varg out of my comment although I believe Necrobutcher wasn't into the idea of church burnings at all same for the former member Manheim so that only really leaves us with Euronymous. With Darkthrone though... I think you are completely wrong. I don't remember seeing anywhere that they were inside the black circle at all or that they even gave a shit about church burnings let alone taking part of them. Not to mention how friendly both fo them actually are and never take themselves seriously at all. Almost like Immortal.
----
Rod, let me love you.
31.01.2013 - 14:53
BloodMusic
Shining/MonumentuM 7" + Manii "Kollaps" LP

Pre-orders are live in 2 hours (January 31st / 5PM Finland (10AM NYC))

Finnish label BLOOD MUSIC will be co-releasing an ultra-limited split 7" between DSBM masters Shining (SWE) and classic doom/darkwave heroes MonumentuM. There will be a never-before-released darkwave cover song on each side (Shining: Bay Laurel, MonumentuM: PJ Harvey). We will have 125 copies out of 300, and the other label is already SOLD OUT.

The record comes on 45RPM black vinyl in a deluxe 7" cover with spine and black inner sleeves, and our copies will be split 50/50 between USA and Finland.

The songs being covered are below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-cfr_behBg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5v74HVF7Hg
----
*Available: maudlin of the Well/Lykathea Aflame/Ihsahn*

Coming soon: Sigh, Manii, Odium, Kauan, Aquilus, Negura Bunget, Thy Catafalque, Ne Obliviscaris, Strapping Young Lad

Blood Music
http://www.blood-music.com
http://www.facebook.com/BlooodMusic
31.01.2013 - 17:15
BloodMusic
These are live! There are only about 10-15 copies left of the Shining 7" in each store. And Manii is down to 30 copies in each store.

http://www.blood-music.com/store
----
*Available: maudlin of the Well/Lykathea Aflame/Ihsahn*

Coming soon: Sigh, Manii, Odium, Kauan, Aquilus, Negura Bunget, Thy Catafalque, Ne Obliviscaris, Strapping Young Lad

Blood Music
http://www.blood-music.com
http://www.facebook.com/BlooodMusic