Metal Storm logo
Shining

Original post

Posted by , 19.05.2006 - 07:00
Suicidal Black Metal baby...

one of the most obscure bands on earth... passionate, dense, suffocationg, fullfilled by despair... their debut album is my favourite followed by The Eerie Cold...

what do you expect for their next? the chapter V is released this year...
05.02.2009 - 18:27
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
As long as the musics good (it is) the people in the band can be as fucked up as they want to be. As long as they don't forcibly interject themselves into the fans minds and lives I don't have a problem with anything Shining does.
----
Coldgrits
05.02.2009 - 18:42
ForeverDarkWoods

The two posts above this one contain the truth. Black metal usually isn't something to be taken too seriously image wise, so you might just enjoy the music that's good and not give much of a crap as to what the members are up to.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
05.02.2009 - 19:29
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 05.02.2009 at 18:42

The two posts above this one contain the truth. Black metal usually isn't something to be taken too seriously image wise, so you might just enjoy the music that's good and not give much of a crap as to what the members are up to.

Amen. Now let's give Halmstad a spin!
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
05.02.2009 - 19:33
ForeverDarkWoods

Written by Elio on 05.02.2009 at 19:29

Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 05.02.2009 at 18:42

Amen brother.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
05.02.2009 - 19:40
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by RockeRoy on 05.02.2009 at 17:32

Why go around singing about it? why the fuck doesn't he commit suicide him self? sounds like he has no reason to live..

He has one:
To make good music.

I don't really care for the rest

Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 05.02.2009 at 19:33

Written by Elio on 05.02.2009 at 19:29

Amen brother.

C'mon.... UUUUUHHHHH!!!!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
05.02.2009 - 23:01
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
I haven't kept up with this thread very much, nor do I wish to skim through it since that would take bloody forever but, is there even one, or two sample tracks for VI out yet? When I first heard there was a new album in the works I did some searching online and didn't find anything, but perhaps you guys know something I don't.

I will say that I'm curious to hear what sort of work King ov Hell will do on this new album... I'm not really sure what to think of that guy though.
05.02.2009 - 23:31
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Bitter Dawn on 05.02.2009 at 23:01

I haven't kept up with this thread very much, nor do I wish to skim through it since that would take bloody forever but, is there even one, or two sample tracks for VI out yet? When I first heard there was a new album in the works I did some searching online and didn't find anything, but perhaps you guys know something I don't.

I will say that I'm curious to hear what sort of work King ov Hell will do on this new album... I'm not really sure what to think of that guy though.

as far as I know there isn't any tracks yet.

King ov Hell is a total bitch but he does his job well I'm sure he won't bring anything amazing to the band though
----
Coldgrits
05.02.2009 - 23:47
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by -DC-002- on 05.02.2009 at 23:31

I'm sure he won't bring anything amazing to the band though

For some reason I thought King Ov Hell was already out of the band again, but I can't find that news anymore.

Anyway, whoever plays bass better does a damn fine job. The bass was a very important instrument for the last two albums, actually. Check for example the second song on The Eerie Cold: awesome opening riff, sure, but listen very well and you'll hear it's the bass that does most of the awesome-ness.

So yeah, whoever does bass better goes full-out.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
06.02.2009 - 01:17
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Lucas on 05.02.2009 at 23:47

Written by -DC-002- on 05.02.2009 at 23:31

I'm sure he won't bring anything amazing to the band though

For some reason I thought King Ov Hell was already out of the band again, but I can't find that news anymore.

Anyway, whoever plays bass better does a damn fine job. The bass was a very important instrument for the last two albums, actually. Check for example the second song on The Eerie Cold: awesome opening riff, sure, but listen very well and you'll hear it's the bass that does most of the awesome-ness.

So yeah, whoever does bass better goes full-out.

I'm sure he'll do a great job playing the songs and having the feeling. I was saying that King won't do anything uniquely King ov Hell. Because he's not unique
----
Coldgrits
06.02.2009 - 09:59
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
I've never bothered to really listen for the bass in Gorgoroth, so I'm not sure what to expect of him on the Shining album. Perhaps King is a good bassist but, it was Gaahl and Infernus that didn't put him to good use... who knows.
The bassist that worked with Shining on Halmstad was really great though, his work influenced some of my bass playing when I did my recordings - not that I am a bassist by any means (vox,rythem guitar & drummer here).

Any idea who is drumming for the new album? I can recall reading that the drummer they got for Halmstad hadn't ever played black metal before (despite that Shining is not so much a DBM band anymore, just depressive), but that particular drummer is goddamn amazing.
06.02.2009 - 18:17
TheBigRossowski

Written by Ascendant187 on 29.01.2009 at 17:46

Written by X-Ray Rod on 29.01.2009 at 15:40

Written by Ascendant187 on 28.01.2009 at 15:57

Okay, I've been listening through the album again and have located the song. Its "Nagonting Ar Jaeuligt Fel" (apologies if I've written it incorrectly). The weird growl/wail I'm talking about that I honestly couldn't help chuckling at upon first hearing it starts at 4:40 and happens a few times over. Having said that I really like the vocals... just I sure as shit didn't expect it, y'know?

Jajjaaj yeah.. it's a really weird growl but it suits the music so it's ok.

But my favorite "Kvarforth-moment" on that album is in the first song "I Och Med Insikt Skall Du Förgå" around the minute 4:40 when he ges "AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh..." and then a fucking catchy riff comes and he screams "Uhhh.... C'mon uhhhh!!!"

it's priceless but I really like it algon with the catchy riffs.

Yeah, that moment is actually pretty cool although slightly cheesy. I love the music just sometimes I think what the fuck was the guy on at the time of recording, y'know? Still it's great music.

I thought you were talking about Claws of Perdition after awhile! I like the way he 'sings', it's very unproper, but fitting in the perfect sense. NEW ALBUM! Where the FUCK are you!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
06.02.2009 - 18:21
Ascendant187

Written by TheBigRossowski on 06.02.2009 at 18:17

Written by Ascendant187 on 29.01.2009 at 17:46

Written by X-Ray Rod on 29.01.2009 at 15:40

Written by Ascendant187 on 28.01.2009 at 15:57

Okay, I've been listening through the album again and have located the song. Its "Nagonting Ar Jaeuligt Fel" (apologies if I've written it incorrectly). The weird growl/wail I'm talking about that I honestly couldn't help chuckling at upon first hearing it starts at 4:40 and happens a few times over. Having said that I really like the vocals... just I sure as shit didn't expect it, y'know?

Jajjaaj yeah.. it's a really weird growl but it suits the music so it's ok.

But my favorite "Kvarforth-moment" on that album is in the first song "I Och Med Insikt Skall Du Förgå" around the minute 4:40 when he ges "AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh..." and then a fucking catchy riff comes and he screams "Uhhh.... C'mon uhhhh!!!"

it's priceless but I really like it algon with the catchy riffs.

Yeah, that moment is actually pretty cool although slightly cheesy. I love the music just sometimes I think what the fuck was the guy on at the time of recording, y'know? Still it's great music.

I thought you were talking about Claws of Perdition after awhile! I like the way he 'sings', it's very unproper, but fitting in the perfect sense. NEW ALBUM! Where the FUCK are you!

I agree. I was just very thrown when I first heard that moment, which isn't something that happens often. I honestly didn't mean to laugh, considering the context of the music and all, but it was difficult not to. A "wtf?" look was shared between my girl and I at the time lol.
10.02.2009 - 22:00
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Apparently my Amazon order of V: Halmstad fell through : So, I'm coming back double strength and ordering The Eerie Cold AND Halmstad from Importcds. I know what your thinking and Yes, yes I do spit hot FIRE.
----
Coldgrits
18.02.2009 - 11:39
Misanthrope

Amazing Band.. Amazing Music.. Loved all their albums..

and CANT FUCKIN WAIT FOR THEIR UPCOMING ALBUM!

Edit: Screw their latest album. It sucked.
19.02.2009 - 00:27
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I just got Halmstad in the mail. It's really an amazing album. Every track has such power and emotion in it. My only problem is that the album seems to go by VERY fast and makes me listen to it over and over. Maybe that's the genius of it though I should be getting, The Eerie Cold any time now so I can see which one I like more.
----
Coldgrits
19.02.2009 - 01:55
Daniel

Who wants to recommend an album for me?

Really wanna check them out
----
In The Cold Winds of Nowhere
19.02.2009 - 13:29
Misanthrope

Written by Daniel on 19.02.2009 at 01:55

Who wants to recommend an album for me?

Really wanna check them out

Go for Halmstad!
19.02.2009 - 13:37
Damnated
Churchburner
No, that would be really stupid. start with their first and listen to every album, chronologically.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
19.02.2009 - 20:35
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
I second that... I actually regret I started with the most recent stuff. But I couldn't help it. I discovered the band and listened to their myspace at first
----
Rod, let me love you.
19.02.2009 - 22:54
TheBigRossowski

Written by X-Ray Rod on 19.02.2009 at 20:35

I second that... I actually regret I started with the most recent stuff. But I couldn't help it. I discovered the band and listened to their myspace at first

Isn't that what everyone does?

Metalstormer Timmy:'Oh fuck! Scrog Balls is badass dude!'
*finds songs on myspace*
Metalstormer Timmy: Dude, 'Scrogging Dead Ass Necro' is my favorite song!
*finds the band on Metal-Archives*
Metalstormer Timmy: Fuckin' Scrog Balls...bad ass
*adds to favorites on metalstorm* lol

Can I just say that if Kvarforth cuts himself tomorrow I will try to get some of his blood and sell it on ebay. How much do you think people would pay when I had a certified DNA test on there? Probably only chicks though.

And seriously, where the fuck is the new album?
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
20.02.2009 - 02:04
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I have a question... The first song on The Eerie Cold, I Och Med Insikt Skall Du Förgå. My copy has this speech in the beginning of it with someone (presumably Kvarforth) just saying things about if you don't agree with the general theme of Shining you should go fuck off. Its about 2 minutes long. Is that a part of the album or was it added later by the label or something?
----
Coldgrits
20.02.2009 - 02:19
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by -DC-002- on 20.02.2009 at 02:04

I have a question... The first song on The Eerie Cold, I Och Med Insikt Skall Du Förgå. My copy has this speech in the beginning of it with someone (presumably Kvarforth) just saying things about if you don't agree with the general theme of Shining you should go fuck off. Its about 2 minutes long. Is that a part of the album or was it added later by the label or something?

That means you downloaded the leaked version, cause the eventual Osmose true album version didn't have that on it.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.02.2009 - 03:50
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.02.2009 at 02:19

That means you downloaded the leaked version, cause the eventual Osmose true album version didn't have that on it.

What the Hell, I didn't download anything, I bought the hard copy. It even came in a weird new age jewel case. This is very annoying to me
----
Coldgrits
20.02.2009 - 05:14
Damnated
Churchburner

if something sounds different it must be downloaded :

the peacville reissue has that same intro.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
20.02.2009 - 11:09
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Damnated on 20.02.2009 at 05:14

if something sounds different it must be downloaded :

the peacville reissue has that same intro.

Damn, that means that the digi version I have is the only version that doesn't have it? I know the promos had it but I thought that that was it.
And why would Peaceville reissue it? Strange considering SHining are under contract with Osmose.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.02.2009 - 13:29
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Aaaaa fuck.. I don't have that speech... DAMN!

Written by TheBigRossowski on 19.02.2009 at 22:54

Written by X-Ray Rod on 19.02.2009 at 20:35

Metalstormer Timmy:'Oh fuck! Scrog Balls is badass dude!'
*finds songs on myspace*
Metalstormer Timmy: Dude, 'Scrogging Dead Ass Necro' is my favorite song!
*finds the band on Metal-Archives*
Metalstormer Timmy: Fuckin' Scrog Balls...bad ass
*adds to favorites on metalstorm* lol

I lol'd, although the "Duderino" thing was way better tbh.
----
Rod, let me love you.
20.02.2009 - 14:06
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.02.2009 at 11:09

Damn, that means that the digi version I have is the only version that doesn't have it? I know the promos had it but I thought that that was it.
And why would Peaceville reissue it? Strange considering SHining are under contract with Osmose.

they are now, but are you certain they were with Osmose while recording the eerie cold? because the album was released by Avantgarde Music, not Osmose.
----

20.02.2009 - 14:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Damnated on 20.02.2009 at 14:06

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.02.2009 at 11:09

they are now, but are you certain they were with Osmose while recording the eerie cold? because the album was released by Avantgarde Music, not Osmose.

My mistake I somehow thought that both The Eerie Cold and Halmstad were released by Osmose, but as my cd says The Eerie Cold was released by Avantgarde
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.02.2009 - 23:15
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.02.2009 at 14:35

My mistake I somehow thought that both The Eerie Cold and Halmstad were released by Osmose, but as my cd says The Eerie Cold was released by Avantgarde

Then we have the same cd... In the back of my cd it says Avantgarde Music.
Damn.. I want that intro, or my money back at least.
----
Rod, let me love you.
20.02.2009 - 23:37
Damnated
Churchburner
download it!!
----