Metal Storm logo
Steve Harris - Premieres Video From Solo Album

As you probably know, Iron Maiden's bassist Steve Harris has recently released his debut solo album British Lion through EMI Music last month. Now the first video for the song "This Is My God" has premiered and can be viewed here. "This Is My God" is the opening song of the album. More album details were previously reported here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Iron Maiden
Posted: 03.10.2012 by CHEF METAL HEAD

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   Visited by: 207 users
03.10.2012 - 13:13
Nemo Atkins

Well...that was horrible. Vocalist didn't sound right for the song, music was boring anyway and the video was unimpressive. Glad I didn't get tempted to get this album when I saw it a few days ago now.
03.10.2012 - 13:37
Druss

^This. Actually horrifying from the self same man who wrote ''Hallowed Be Thy Name'' and ''Rime Of The Ancient Mariner''....couldn't even get halfway through the vid. Glad I never downloaded/bought this.

Also, hope I'm not the only one who was morbidly fascinated watchin' the singer's almost pained facial expressions, as if singing that softly and boringly took even mild effort.
03.10.2012 - 15:01
BudDa

The song is flat, just like the video. Flat and almost boring. I though could get used to the song with more listens
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
03.10.2012 - 18:09
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Yeah, everyone commenting here is right, this does suck pretty badly. The video looks like something I'd be able to make off of iMovie, but even there I'd think I'd be able to make a better looking video. The singer looks incredibly stupid making those facial expressions while singing that boring melody and his voice is unspectacular and just flat-out irritating, he sort of makes me cringe. To be honest, this makes Angel and the Gambler sound "incredible". I'm actually glad not to have bought this album. I'm really disappointed that it's from the same man who wrote many of the Maiden classics. I totally understand that Steve wants to do something different than Iron Maiden for his solo effort, but I don't think this worked very well. Sorry Steve, better luck next time. :/
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
03.10.2012 - 18:32
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Written by Druss on 03.10.2012 at 13:37

Also, hope I'm not the only one who was morbidly fascinated watchin' the singer's almost pained facial expressions, as if singing that softly and boringly took even mild effort.

Yeah, I was morbidly fascinated watching those cringe-inducing expressions myself. :/
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
03.10.2012 - 18:37
metalicharly

Probably the worst vid I've seen in a while. And I see more than 20-30 new vids/week. I read some articles and opinions saying the whole album is just horrible. If this song is representative for the rest of the album, I think I won't even try.
03.10.2012 - 20:19
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
I actually thought the album sounded ok when it was streaming a couple of weeks ago. This was a horrible video though. Hilarious watching the singer hamming it up while the rest of the guys stood in the background, stone-faced.
03.10.2012 - 20:23
ChampionOfPower

On a positive note, that's a pretty badass album cover.

On a negative note, not good. You can't expect Maiden material on a solo project, but that doesn't mean it can't be good. Dickinson did a fair job on his solo works, not all of them were great, but they had some memorable songs. Maybe one or two on this album will be decent. Not sure that's enough for me to buy it though, even if it is Steve Harris.
03.10.2012 - 23:04
TX09

Song Was Terrible, Video Sucked and had no energy.. And that dudes drum kit is so small song should be under alternative christian..lol
04.10.2012 - 00:05
Evil Chip

Veredict of the jury: sucks.
04.10.2012 - 05:30
Grody2themax

No thanks...I'll go back to my blastbeats
04.10.2012 - 16:14
Scuzzy McDouche

The only thing good about it is the bass... Hrmn, I wonder if that's because the only musician here that is worth a shit is the bassist?

WTF would Steve Harris do something like this? It's like if God almighty, after being quite modest and silent about creating the universe for ages, suddenly comes down to Earth to appear on every talk show and news channel in existence so he could publicly boast about and promote Justin Beiber as his latest masterpiece.
04.10.2012 - 17:57
Sir Thrashalot

So, SOOOO disapointed. I wasn't expecting any Maiden sound at all, since it's a solo project, if Harris wanted it to sound like Maiden he would have put it on the next album. But this ? Really ? Singer is nothing less than terrible, and with Harris' status, i thought he could get a good singer, at least a respectable singer. Video is painful to look at, terribly made. But the song itself ? Couldn't even made it past half the song, closed it. Forget it, i'll never buy this album, even though Steve Harris is a legend, this album is not. Hope this gets lost in time and we never talk about it again
09.10.2012 - 19:06
Philly_Boy

Shit
10.10.2012 - 18:24
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I can sing better than this guy in my sleep.
----

Hits total: 3462 | This month: 5