06. River Of No Return
07. Power Of The Sun
08. Devil On A Hog
09. Believil
10. A Tyranny Of Souls

Staff review by
Jeff
Rating:
Everybody knows like me that a new Iron Maiden album or a new Bruce Dickinson release is always an event. After the Maiden's "Dance Of Death" this is now the turn of Mr Dickinson to release is new solo effort, "Tyranny Of Souls". I remember his last solo album, "The Chemical Wedding" that was a really good release and evidently seven years later, we all want to know if Bruce is still this great compositor. Don't worry mates actually he is always the same great musician and like a good bottle of wine, he is even better with some more year?

Read more ››
published 24.05.2005 | Comments (3)

Staff review by
Pierre Tombale
Rating:
It took Bruce Dickinson quite some time to revive on his solo career after rejoining Iron Maiden, so what kind of output would you expect from him? I guess to answer this we should look back on his last two studio albums in the 1990's 'Accident Of Birth' and 'Chemical Wedding', both were successful among fans and critics, both evoked the feeling of a Bruce's silent return to metal and thus to Iron Maiden and all people who thought or wished for that were rewarded. To now analyze 'Tyranny of Souls' simply compare the new songs with the afore mentioned albums.

Read more ››
published 27.08.2005 | Comments (1)

Found in 10 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 7   Visited by: 385 users
06.10.2012 - 19:02
Rating: 8
musicalkaratekid

A very impressive album, but not without its surprises either. The introduction to 'believil' may put some off but it seems very mysterious, and has a good vibe to it in the end. There are more straight-to-the-point songs such as 'Abduction' and 'Kill Devil Hills' which work so damn well. The only thing I can't quite understand is Dickinson's vocals at times on 'Power of the Sun', which sound almost warped and don't quite work as well as with his clean vocals.
12.11.2012 - 22:05
Rating: 7
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Enjoyed this album. Easy to get into. Particularly like track two "Abduction". And my band plays "Devil on a Hog".
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
16.03.2013 - 21:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
This album well Bruce solo starts whit powerfull album and seems also ends, because this is last album so far and might be, since he si bussy whit IM and he is old now to manidage all
This album well if we need make a videos 4 songs maybe more could be ... but actualy offical prom vid, it is week song
Soul Intruders, Kill Devil Hill, Navigate The Seas Of The Sun , River Of No Return, .... killer songs
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.09.2015 - 01:25
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
"As the wind whips over the hillside..."

A step down after Dickinson's previous two solo albums (losing Adrian Smith will have that effect) but the songwriting is still strong for the most part.
28.03.2016 - 16:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Azarath on 17.09.2015 at 01:25

"As the wind whips over the hillside..."

A step down after Dickinson's previous two solo albums (losing Adrian Smith will have that effect) but the songwriting is still strong for the most part.

I think lyrically here he worked best as solo artists, all lyrics basically whole album, lyrics and music works well, flows like united river stream here
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.10.2016 - 14:48
Rating: 6
Joppe
Steelemeister
The album has always been kinda meh experience. After the two first songs the album seems boring, IMO only "Abduction" great song here

edit: forgot about the track 8, which is good too. Still, in overall, the album feels mostly boring.
----
My vision is augmented
12.01.2019 - 19:34
Rating: 5
Mountain King
K i K o
Bad

Hits total: 11880 | This month: 103