Metal Storm logo
Doro

24.11.2006 - 08:54
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I noticed there was no Doro thread. One of metals first female vocalists. Great music. You know the rest. (btw, feel free to discuss Warlock aswell)
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
15.02.2007 - 20:01
marillionfan
Account deleted
Doro is an amazing singer, she's got a great music career, very good music indeed.

She got a new album out last year - Warrior Soul. Excellent come back album!
16.02.2007 - 02:07
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I really like Warlock Very good Old School German Metal! But Doro as a solo artist, I haven't heard much, I hear it's like Warlock except, more ballads.
16.02.2007 - 20:57
APOHAKC
The Bard
Doro is among metalheads I respect the most, I am not some big fan of hers music but I just mus respect all she have done with Warlock and Doro, and what shes done for metal in general.
I don't like her music but Burning The Witches is great album, I like some Doro songs too
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
16.02.2007 - 21:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by APOHAKC on 16.02.2007 at 20:57

Doro is among metalheads I respect the most, I am not some big fan of hers music but I just mus respect all she have done with Warlock and Doro, and what shes done for metal in general.
I don't like her music but Burning The Witches is great album, I like some Doro songs too

Same here I respect here but In mot such fiun of her music and she probobly are fisrt female singer in metal
I like more Warlock how Doro
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.02.2007 - 22:18
darksun
Doro in warlock took part in my heart as a queen.Her solo career is good but i guess she is really far from warlock days.
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
18.02.2007 - 18:22
Empress
I'm also a fan. Doro has such a wonderful voice, she could sing anything. She does have a couple of ballads that are so outstanding that I still drop them into complations disc a make for friends. "Rare Diamond' is one that comes to mind immediately and "Beyond the Trees" if you are looking a tiny little filler as the song is very short.
05.03.2007 - 09:54
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 15.02.2007 at 20:01

Doro is an amazing singer, she's got a great music career, very good music indeed.

yeah good album, but after 4 years could that really be considered a 'comeback'? considering in that 4 years she released 2 DVDs, 2 EPs, and a compilation.
----
- George Carlin
05.03.2007 - 10:39
marillionfan
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 05.03.2007 at 09:54

Written by Guest on 15.02.2007 at 20:01

yeah good album, but after 4 years could that really be considered a 'comeback'? considering in that 4 years she released 2 DVDs, 2 EPs, and a compilation.

I didn't know about those DVDs and the EP or the compilation... Oh well...
03.06.2007 - 09:23
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Doros birthday today....looks like I gotta pull out the Warlock & Doro albums...
----
- George Carlin
03.06.2007 - 13:20
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yeah, and I thought that she is older than she is, anyway Doro rules!
Burning The Witches will be on my playlist today
----
19.06.2007 - 15:50
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
An interview with Doro Pesch, conducted at the Pearl Room in Chicago, aired on KWTF The Edge's "Savage Sunday Show with Tom Wylde" this past Sunday (June 17) has been posted online. You can download and listen to the show at this location.
19.06.2007 - 16:12
APOHAKC
The Bard
Gods, her English is horrible
----
20.06.2007 - 02:15
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
I only heard a few songs by her, and I got pretty disapointed, thought she was a bit overrated. But can anybody recoment a good song/album gonna give it another try =D
----
20.06.2007 - 02:33
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by 4look4rd on 20.06.2007 at 02:15

I only heard a few songs by her, and I got pretty disapointed, thought she was a bit overrated. But can anybody recoment a good song/album gonna give it another try =D

Try her first band called Warlock, especially Burning The Witches album. Her solo career is not all that good, cause I really don't like many songs. But still there are some reall classics, listen to first two Doro albums, and to Fight, that is really good, and it is among new stuff, it is feat Regina
----
20.06.2007 - 09:21
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by 4look4rd on 20.06.2007 at 02:15

Yeah, I agree with Aronax, alot of her solo stuff can be pretty poppy. And I agree by saying check out Warlock first, its slightly more agressive, songs like 'All We Are','Hellbound', 'I rule the ruins' and 'Burning the witches' are all good, if you dont like those I doubt you would like anything she has put out.
----
- George Carlin
28.06.2007 - 04:31
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
To be that honest I haven't heard much from her solo career. I have heard warlock and I don't mind them (except for their popular songs). I have only heard a few songs, and I like the duet with her and Udo Dirkschneider. I liked that song, can anyone tell me what song that is and what album I should be most interested in? It would be much appreciated!
28.06.2007 - 13:56
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Guest on 28.06.2007 at 04:31

To be that honest I haven't heard much from her solo career. I have heard warlock and I don't mind them (except for their popular songs). I have only heard a few songs, and I like the duet with her and Udo Dirkschneider. I liked that song, can anyone tell me what song that is and what album I should be most interested in? It would be much appreciated!

That song is called East Meets West, if I am not wrong, and I believe I am not. I have that song on Rare Diamonds from 1991, but not really sure is that Udo, but on live CD/DVD from 2006 A Years Of a Warrior Soul you have that song, along with one more song feat UDo, and one song with following people: Blaze Bailey, Jean Beauvoir, feat Saxon (band), feat Warlock (band), my favorite song that Lemmy written and Motorhead recorded Love Me Forever feat Lemmy Kilminster & one and only Mikey Dee, then song with Claus Lessmann and in the end one with all of these lol: feat. Lemmy Kilmister, Mikkey Dee, Jean Beauvior, Udo Dirkschneider, Saxon, Blaze Bailey, Warlock Guys, Claus Lessmann, Circle II Circle.
----
28.06.2007 - 20:35
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by APOHAKC on 28.06.2007 at 13:56

That song is called East Meets West, if I am not wrong, and I believe I am not. I have that song on Rare Diamonds from 1991, but not really sure is that Udo, but on live CD/DVD from 2006 A Years Of a Warrior Soul you have that song, along with one more song feat UDo, and one song with following people: Blaze Bailey, Jean Beauvoir, feat Saxon (band), feat Warlock (band), my favorite song that Lemmy written and Motorhead recorded Love Me Forever feat Lemmy Kilminster & one and only Mikey Dee, then song with Claus Lessmann and in the end one with all of these lol: feat. Lemmy Kilmister, Mikkey Dee, Jean Beauvior, Udo Dirkschneider, Saxon, Blaze Bailey, Warlock Guys, Claus Lessmann, Circle II Circle.

Wow, I really wanna hear that Love Me Forever Doro+Lemmy=

Btw-Thank you Aronax for single-handedly keeping my Doro thread active.
----
- George Carlin
28.06.2007 - 20:41
APOHAKC
The Bard
LoL that can be considered spam too LoL but no problem matey
----
29.06.2007 - 21:41
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 28.06.2007 at 13:56

Hahaha that's a lot of stuff to check out, it sounds very interesting, especially the Circle II Circle, Blaze and Saxon stuff. Thank you very much!
29.06.2007 - 22:13
APOHAKC
The Bard
No problem at all
----
29.06.2007 - 22:15
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
i've dug into Doro since I last replied long ago........Good music, Doro Pesch is very good looking too.

Anyone seen the video for "Bad Blood", that's some good stuff right there
30.06.2007 - 15:35
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yeah, she is very, very good looking, and I don't know am I the only one to get that impression, but olders she get, better she look
----
01.07.2007 - 01:01
nehrodwarf
I know that's she is like a good vine, when older better, well she is a great singer
----
In this life you can choose what kind of ave to be: a chicken or a phoexix. I choosen be a phoenix, cuz' I'm rebirthing from ashes

Ps: my website it's: http://gcasweb.orgfree.com
01.07.2007 - 15:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by APOHAKC on 19.06.2007 at 16:12

Gods, her English is horrible

I Woundering how ppl who speek in interwiews whit horible english acent but how thay can sing corect in english
Shirley Manson from Garbage wasnt taken in band because of accent but whne she strat think it was corect english
----

apos;'
[image]
01.07.2007 - 16:04
APOHAKC
The Bard
Actually, listen to old warlock songs, and try to read lyrics in the same time. Half of the sentences (not words), she never sing, ok, that doesn't make her accent bad, but strong foreign, or better to say her home language accent is visible. Anyway, she is awesome singer, and I couldn't care less for such things, Doro Rules!
----
01.07.2007 - 16:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by APOHAKC on 01.07.2007 at 16:04

Actually, listen to old warlock songs, and try to read lyrics in the same time. Half of the sentences (not words), she never sing, ok, that doesn't make her accent bad, but strong foreign, or better to say her home language accent is visible. Anyway, she is awesome singer, and I couldn't care less for such things, Doro Rules!

I gonna try it I havt lsitened her so much how otter bands
----

apos;'
[image]
01.07.2007 - 16:16
APOHAKC
The Bard
Well, I know, because we used to play Metal racers on gigs. I remember our singe (who is male btw) always complained that he don't know how to sing those parts, in the end after only few gigs we gave up and start playing Diabolic Force from Running Wild LOL
----
01.07.2007 - 19:23
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Ive never noticed Doros accent in her singing until I picked up her live album (from 93 I believe) and her accent comes through really strong in that one, mispronouncing stuff left right and center, yet it still sounds great.
----
- George Carlin