Metal Storm logo
My Favorite Albums

One album per band

Created by: essbee | 22.02.2011

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by essbee ]

Comments

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 16   Visited by: 93 users
09.10.2012 - 04:19
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Have you heard Fen's first album? In my opinion it's leagues ahead of Epoch
09.10.2012 - 06:11
essbee

Written by Alex F on 09.10.2012 at 04:19

My list is in constant evolution, I need to fully grasp it before making a conclusion
But yeah, it may be above or below. I will see eventually.
25.02.2015 - 06:14
danielllewis

Great list, you and I have very similar tastes
----
25.02.2015 - 12:26
Erik M.

Written by Alex F on 09.10.2012 at 04:19

25.02.2015 - 12:30
Erik M.

Anyway, nice list. I can relate to quite a few albums, especially to Agalloch, WITTR, Summoning and Dissection. Still need to familiarize myself with Moonsorrow more, as well as Bathory (shame on me for barely knowing them, right? ).
25.02.2015 - 15:17
Diverge

If you really like Epoch, put it back on here. I consider it to be Fen's greatest accomplishment so far.
11.03.2015 - 18:35
essbee

Written by Diverge on 25.02.2015 at 15:17

If you really like Epoch, put it back on here. I consider it to be Fen's greatest accomplishment so far.

Yeah I like Fen but before that it was a longer list (about 50 albums) but I decided to reduce it because it was getting pretty meaningless after the first 20 albums or so.
11.03.2015 - 18:39
essbee

Written by Erik M. on 25.02.2015 at 12:30

Anyway, nice list. I can relate to quite a few albums, especially to Agalloch, WITTR, Summoning and Dissection. Still need to familiarize myself with Moonsorrow more, as well as Bathory (shame on me for barely knowing them, right? ).

Thanks

Yeah Moonsorrow and Bathory are really essential (according to me of course hehe). V:Havitetty is a huge grower but is incredibly rewarding when you fully "get it". And no shame is not knowing Bathory that much, if you at least now try to listen to it, you will see all the black and viking metal (and more!) blueprints for the bands that came after! Bathory has been SO influential.

Good luck!
11.03.2015 - 18:43
essbee

Written by danielllewis on 25.02.2015 at 06:14

Great list, you and I have very similar tastes

Yep! Indeed

Thank you for your comment!
12.03.2015 - 08:07
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Good list.

Suggestion: When you're narrow down your favorites to 20, 15 or 10, just make sure you don't repeat albums from same band. Not only it fill unnecessary positions but also throw out other deserving candidates.
13.03.2015 - 22:33
Erik M.

Written by essbee on 11.03.2015 at 18:39

Thanks

Yeah Moonsorrow and Bathory are really essential (according to me of course hehe). V:Havitetty is a huge grower but is incredibly rewarding when you fully "get it". And no shame is not knowing Bathory that much, if you at least now try to listen to it, you will see all the black and viking metal (and more!) blueprints for the bands that came after! Bathory has been SO influential.

Good luck!

I hope I find out what you mean about that Moonsorrow album. So far (3 spins) it's good/very good but nothing amazing. Nothing unusual though, for me.

Btw, which Bathory album would you recommend checking out first? I'd probably go for the one with the highest score.

Edit: yeah, I'd assume you'd recommend Blood Fire Death since that's highest ranked on your list...
15.03.2015 - 19:31
essbee

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 12.03.2015 at 08:07

Good list.

Suggestion: When you're narrow down your favorites to 20, 15 or 10, just make sure you don't repeat albums from same band. Not only it fill unnecessary positions but also throw out other deserving candidates.

Yeah good point, but I think Bathory and Moonsorrow deserve two places haha, personal preference ^^
15.03.2015 - 19:33
essbee

Written by Erik M. on 13.03.2015 at 22:33

Written by essbee on 11.03.2015 at 18:39

Thanks

Good luck!

I hope I find out what you mean about that Moonsorrow album. So far (3 spins) it's good/very good but nothing amazing. Nothing unusual though, for me.

Btw, which Bathory album would you recommend checking out first? I'd probably go for the one with the highest score.

Edit: yeah, I'd assume you'd recommend Blood Fire Death since that's highest ranked on your list...

Bathory, Black Mark, Blood Fire Death and Hammerheart are all different and influential in their own styles. But yeah as you said, since Blood Fire Death is the highest on my list, I consider it my favorite but Hammerheart is also very good.
16.03.2015 - 05:15
essbee

I really want to push this to 20 but I'm worried that it gets insignificant, 10 is pretty much perfect but there are so many albums I want to put in there
21.03.2015 - 21:00
Erik M.

Written by essbee on 15.03.2015 at 19:33

Bathory, Black Mark, Blood Fire Death and Hammerheart are all different and influential in their own styles. But yeah as you said, since Blood Fire Death is the highest on my list, I consider it my favorite but Hammerheart is also very good.

Alright, thanks for the info.

Written by essbee on 16.03.2015 at 05:15

I really want to push this to 20 but I'm worried that it gets insignificant, 10 is pretty much perfect but there are so many albums I want to put in there

I don't see why you shouldn't expand it a bit. Even at 15 entries the list is short. My similar list is a top 75 and even that one will be expanded to a top 100 at some point (basically when I have enough time to do so and feel like it, which is almost never ).
23.03.2015 - 19:42
essbee

Written by Erik M. on 21.03.2015 at 21:00

Written by essbee on 15.03.2015 at 19:33

Alright, thanks for the info.

Written by essbee on 16.03.2015 at 05:15

I don't see why you shouldn't expand it a bit. Even at 15 entries the list is short. My similar list is a top 75 and even that one will be expanded to a top 100 at some point (basically when I have enough time to do so and feel like it, which is almost never ).

Hahaha fair enough, I might do just that when I have time too

Hits total: 3856 | This month: 5