Metal Storm logo
Daylight Dies - Premiere New Video

Doom/death metallers Daylight Dies have premiered a new video for the new song "Dreaming Of Breathing", which will be featured on the group's upcoming album A Frail Becoming, officially released today under Candlelight Records. The video directed by Ramon Boutviseth can be watched over here.

Drummer Jesse Haff had this to say about the video: "We worked with director Ramon Boutviseth back in 2006 when he filmed the 'Lies The Bind' video. We were blown away by what he delivered, and by his talents and ambition. We knew without hesitation he was who we wanted to work with for the 'Dreaming Of Breathing' video. It was important the video not only visually matched the aesthetic of the album art, but also communicate at least metaphorically some of the meaning behind the song. He filmed the narrative bits in Malibu, California, and the band shots in a small studio with no air conditioning during a sweltering hot evening in North Carolina. We think the end result is gorgeous and fitting, and are just so pleased to have worked with Ramon and his team once again."

The band has previously released two new songs from A Frail Becoming, "Infidel" is streaming here and "A Final Vestige" is available here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Daylight Dies
Posted: 09.10.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 45 users
09.10.2012 - 22:02
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
This video is pretty good, the song itself is awesome (the melodies remind me of Katatonia's "Discouraged Ones")! Thank you for sharing! Makes me all the more excited to receive my copy of this album in the mail.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
10.10.2012 - 03:46
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Another very nice song. Damn, these guys are inspired! Although I like A Final Vestige better, either way I can't wait to hear the album as a whole. Really exited about this.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
10.10.2012 - 14:18
BudDa

I thoroughly enjoyed that!
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
05.11.2022 - 23:00
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Where have they gone? No news since 2012.
05.11.2022 - 23:07
JoHn Doe

^ right, good band, they either disbanded or are on some hiatus. (sorry to state the obvious)
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
06.11.2022 - 00:47
musclassia

Written by JoHn Doe on 05.11.2022 at 23:07

^ right, good band, they either disbanded or are on some hiatus. (sorry to state the obvious)

Most recent post I can find on Facebook is from New years' 2021:

"Happy New Year to all! Barre, Charley and Jesse jammed together on a few new songs this year, but... we have nothing more to report on that front yet. Nothing is imminent. Life is weird and complicated these days, as some of you might have also experienced...
We're thankful to all the bands who got their shit together and released some great albums this year. Here are a few of our favorites."

So sounds like they're not officially disbanded but not really focused on the band right now (maybe that could be considered a hiatus?)

Hits total: 2813 | This month: 7