Metal Storm logo
Bloodstock Open Air 2013 - King Diamond Confirmed As Headliners

The organizers of Bloodstock Open Air 2013 have announced today their first headliner for next year's festival. It will be Danish metal legends King Diamond.

After a six-year touring hiatus, the band returned to the stage in 2012 for European festivals, Hellfest and Sweden Rock. Friday night's closing performance at Bloodstock Open Air 2013 marks not only their first ever UK festival appearance, but their first UK show of any kind in many years and will be their only UK date in 2013.

When asked about Bloodstock, the mighty King stated: "I'm looking so much forward to this, we all are. Finally back in England! The people at Bloodstock have gone the extra mile to make this possible, and will be expanding the stage to fit our full production. This is gonna be dark and very heavy!"

King Diamond will join previously announced special guests Anthrax and Accept, and UK exclusive appearances from Firewind and Fozzy.

Bloodstock Open Air 2013 will take place at Catton Hall in the UK from 08-11 August, 2013. Get all the information about the festival at http://www.bloodstock.uk.com.

Source: bloodstock.uk.com
Band profile: King Diamond
Event: Bloodstock Open Air 2013
Posted: 12.10.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 55 users
12.10.2012 - 22:22
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I love how it says "Headliners"
12.10.2012 - 23:59
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Valentin B on 12.10.2012 at 22:22

And they've already put the Mercyful Fate rumour to rest
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.10.2012 - 00:01
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck

And to be honest grammatically it is correct. It's the same as saying Saxon are confirmed as headliners, Metallica confirmed as headliners. Actually a band is plural just like the police is a plural word
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.10.2012 - 01:14
musclassia

Been saying it for the past 2 years, but I might finally go to BOA this year; I would love to see KD live (would probably even prefer MF but I can take this ha)
13.10.2012 - 01:18
AtrumHiberna

I jizzed my pants when i read the news this morning. BOA is a defo for me next year
----
This is my worship, this is my path...
13.10.2012 - 01:22
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 13.10.2012 at 00:01

And to be honest grammatically it is correct. It's the same as saying Saxon are confirmed as headliners, Metallica confirmed as headliners. Actually a band is plural just like the police is a plural word

You misunderstood what I meant. I agree with using "headlinerS" because people generally refer to bands who are named after their vocalist/guitarist/whatever in the singular even not in the case of solo projects. For example I agree with Alice Cooper being a "headliner" because the lineup always changes in that band, but King Diamond or Halford are "headliners" because the core line-up is the same so it's not a one-man effort.

Boo hoo about Mercyful Fate though
13.10.2012 - 03:14
Rulatore

Quote:
The people at Bloodstock have gone the extra mile to make this possible

more like "have payed a lot more than usually to make this possible"
13.10.2012 - 16:02
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Rulatore on 13.10.2012 at 03:14

Quote:
The people at Bloodstock have gone the extra mile to make this possible

more like "have payed a lot more than usually to make this possible"

How do you know this? up there it clearly says that they expanded the stage specifically for their show.

Hits total: 2577 | This month: 3