Metal Storm logo
Iron Savior

24.11.2006 - 20:58
Baz Anderson
staff
Iron Savior - Germany power metal band formed by Piet Sielck who played guitar for Helloween for over three years and has since found his position in Savage Circus as guitar man.

Iron Savior started as some-what of a 'super band' as the first album's line-up included Piet himself, Kai Hansen from Gamma Ray, Thomen Stauch from Blind Guardian (at that time) and also a guest appearance from Hansi - also of Blind Guardian
In the bands time up to now they have had other big names of power metal play with them - such as Dan Zimmermann of Gamma Ray and Freedom Call and taking over from him was former Gamma Ray member Thomas Nack.
Jan Eckert of Masterplan was also in Iron Savior beforehand.

You can see how all these power metal bands help each other how most of the musicians are all part of another band as well!
Also Iron Savior has 'donated' in a way two of their songs for other bands:
power metal fans will realise that Masterplan's 'After This War' is just a tweaked version of Iron Savior's 'After The War'
and also Savage Circus' 'Waltz Of The Demon' is a tweaked version of Iron Savior's 'Made Of Metal' with different lyrics

I feel Iron Savior or often overlooked or underrated - or maybe people feel they are some kind of side project which is untrue.
But whatever, I hope there are quite a fwe people out there that appreciate their music and comment here with their views.

All of their albums are very solid - if I had to pick a favorite it would probably be their first, self-titled album - but they are all very good.

There is supposed to be a new album coming out some time, but no one has heard anything about it! It was originally supposed to have been released spring this year, but not even a title has been revealed for it as of yet.

But whatever - let me know what you think of the band and their albums!
Thanks.
25.11.2006 - 23:32
wrathchild
staff
I first heard one song by the band, years ago. At that time, it didn't impress me, but Piet's voice was interesting - not crystal clear as too many power metal vocalists at the time.

Then they released Condition Red, without Kai Hansen, and I really like the album. It's catchy and heavy, fun to listen to. Solid too, as you said.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
25.11.2006 - 23:51
Baz Anderson
staff
yeh - Piet's singing is really different to 'normal' power metal singers - so it is a refreshing change to listen to him once in a while

have you listened to 'Battering Ram'? that album is very good as well - if you liked 'Condition Red' then you will probably like this one too, it is also very solid
it was the last Iron Savior album for me to hear too
"I'm a Heavy Metal powered man.." very catchy
26.11.2006 - 00:06
okt31
Account deleted
Great melodic power/speed band.. I like them.. I need to delve into some of their albums to name some favourites.. It's worth, I know..
13.01.2007 - 19:15
GT
Coffee!!
staff
Just downloaded 'Walls Of Fire' from the album 'Condition Red'. It's a great track and if the rest of the album is like that, I might even buy it
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
14.01.2007 - 08:24
Judas
The Amputator
I've only heard their album 'Dark Assault', and while it was certainly different to standard Power Metal, I couldn't really warm to it immediately. It gets better after you get used to the rougher side of things though.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
14.01.2007 - 17:30
Baz Anderson
staff
Written by GT on 13.01.2007 at 19:15

Just downloaded 'Walls Of Fire' from the album 'Condition Red'. It's a great track and if the rest of the album is like that, I might even buy it

go for it - i wouldnt say that is the best track from the album, and i wouldnt call 'Condition Red' their best album..
maybe you should look into them more
14.01.2007 - 17:44
GT
Coffee!!
staff
Written by Baz Anderson on 14.01.2007 at 17:30

Written by GT on 13.01.2007 at 19:15

go for it - i wouldnt say that is the best track from the album, and i wouldnt call 'Condition Red' their best album..
maybe you should look into them more

Thanks...I think I will then
----

15.01.2007 - 13:47
SirHooke
Written by Baz Anderson on 25.11.2006 at 23:51

"I'm a Heavy Metal powered man.." very catchy

I am a Heavy Metal powered man, that's my way to be!
I am a Heavy Metal powered man, right! That's what I am!
I have battering ram, I liked it a lot, but now, I'm not into Power any more.. But when I feel nostalgical
22.01.2007 - 23:52
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Oh "battering ram" and "condition Red"!!!! The greatest albums that i have of Iron savior, i really enjoy H.M. Powered Man, titans of our time, any song is amazing from Piet Sielck!!!!!!
06.02.2007 - 12:12
GT
Coffee!!
staff
Just got the album 'Thunderstorm'. Wow that's quite good...very catchy songs and melodies. Haven't got a favorite track yet, but it will come I'm sure
----

06.02.2007 - 14:42
APOHAKC
The Bard
This is great band, I discovered them when I was much younger and I know I didn't like them much, but now I just like their sound, and great musicians like Iron Savior members can't fail to make anything but great. First album I heard was Brave New World or something like that and it sounded very good, but I lost it few years ago, someone borrowed that CD from me and never return me, argh!
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
07.02.2007 - 14:37
Baz Anderson
staff
Written by GT on 06.02.2007 at 12:12

Just got the album 'Thunderstorm'. Wow that's quite good...very catchy songs and melodies. Haven't got a favorite track yet, but it will come I'm sure

Thunderstorm? there isnt an Iron Savior album called 'Thunderstorm'..
07.02.2007 - 16:15
GT
Coffee!!
staff
Written by Baz Anderson on 07.02.2007 at 14:37

Written by GT on 06.02.2007 at 12:12

Thunderstorm? there isnt an Iron Savior album called 'Thunderstorm'..

My mistake...it was 'Iron Fire'...someone just named the .rar-file wrong, but when I unpacked it the tracks were called 'Iron Fire' - something
----

07.02.2007 - 16:20
Baz Anderson
staff
haha yes, i thought you might have been thinking of Iron Fire
08.10.2008 - 15:23
Narloth
I like the albums with Kai Hansen, esp. the first one. My favorite song is I think "Watcher in the Sky".
When I read their story about Atlantis, the Iron Saviot etc, in addition to Avantasia story and Aglalord Chronicles by Rhapsody, I completely fell in love with power metal stories. No sence at all, but such energy of expressing all that nonsence! It becomes a concept itself. XD)
Watcher in the Sky, however, is a cool song about being alone. It may be listened to without thinking of their sci-fi story.
10.10.2008 - 15:38
Baz Anderson
staff
Written by Narloth on 08.10.2008 at 15:23

I like the albums with Kai Hansen, esp. the first one. My favorite song is I think "Watcher in the Sky".
When I read their story about Atlantis, the Iron Saviot etc, in addition to Avantasia story and Aglalord Chronicles by Rhapsody, I completely fell in love with power metal stories. No sence at all, but such energy of expressing all that nonsence! It becomes a concept itself. XD)
Watcher in the Sky, however, is a cool song about being alone. It may be listened to without thinking of their sci-fi story.

Another song that is kind of to do with being alone is "Stone Cold".
Now that song, I don't know why, but I have such an irrational love for that song - I just love it and don't know why.
07.03.2009 - 03:42
Gigginova
Account deleted
I'm just getting into them and based on first impression, it seems like Battering Ram is their best release

great sound.
27.09.2009 - 19:39
gocasaca
One of my favorite bands ever!
But I vote for Unification as their best album (especially love listen it while jogging ), with Coming home, Brothers (of the past), Prisoner of the void, The battle on the top.
Others songs I really, really like are:
1.Coming home
2.Desert plains *jp
3.Atlantis falling
4.Warrior
5.Crazy *s
6.Wings of deliverance
7.Machine world
8.Condition red
10.10.2009 - 03:49
Ag Fox
Angel No More
elite
I listened to their s/t and it's damn good power metal
----
loves 小巫
11.12.2009 - 00:36
Holy Man
STEEL DEFENDER
Been hearing Iron Savior on my Pandora, even started a station for them after hearing Cybernatic Queen. Gotta say I like them alot, I'd put them right next to Falconer probably. I'm diggin' it alot. BADASS!!:banger2:
----
LIGHT THE FUSE ON THAT VAGINAMITE!!!
04.04.2010 - 13:12
Baz Anderson
staff
In days now when I hardly listen to any Helloween or Blind Guardian or Gamma Ray or any big power metal any more - why do I still have my irrational love of Iron Savior?

I only wish they'd chosen to spell their name correctly.
04.04.2010 - 22:23
shisha
Dark Assault - kicking ass album. Not even one average song. Their music is based on Painkiller sound. There would be a big empty space in metal music if someone didnt continued and advanced that great achievement of mankind! Conclusion - Iron Savior on same way defining metal music.
04.04.2010 - 23:55
Baz Anderson
staff
Unfortunately not. The last thing that was posted on the Iron Savior (it pains me spelling the word "saviour" wrong every time) website was a christmas message and some stuff they've been doing for charity.. or something. Nothing about a new album.
06.04.2010 - 18:39
Ag Fox
Angel No More
elite
Actually, is the vcalist after Kai any good?
----
loves 小巫
06.04.2010 - 21:45
Ag Fox
Angel No More
elite
Cheers for the info, maybe I should check out their later discography then
----
loves 小巫
13.09.2010 - 19:14
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Piet Sielck was never a member of Helloween, at least not when the band became Helloween. He was however, in a band called Gentry with Kai, which evolved into Second Hell, and then Iron Fist. While in that band, he wrote, or co-wrote some of the early Helloween classics, like "Gorgar", "Phantoms Of Death", and "Metal Invaders". Michael Weikath had replaced Piet in Iron Fist before the band changed their name to Helloween. Piet felt that the band was going nowhere, and he made no money from it, so he gave his songwriting credits to Kai, and went to the US to start a new career. Though most people are unaware of it, Piet was just as instrumental in the birth of power metal as Kai, or Michael Weikath. <3

As for Iron Savior, they are a great band. Piet's vocals remind me a lot of Peavy Wagner, with their gruff quality. The last album wasnt great, although it did have some great songs like "The Omega Man" and "Farewell & Goodbye". xD
15.12.2011 - 04:10
Susan
Smeghead
elite
For as long as these guys have been around, they still sound so fresh. The Landing is an amazing album and really solidifying 2011 as a great power metal year. I was worried for a while but lately bands like Iron Savior have really come through for us! Anyway, they have the energy of a new band, I love how they keep it alive.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
15.12.2011 - 04:42
Ag Fox
Angel No More
elite
Or more like the rest of the big names have been let downs this year. Relatively speaking Iron Savior doesn't seem that big to me, compared to, say, Hammerfall, Rhapsody and Edguy, especially after Kai Hansen left.

But those who think the band is dead after Kai left should listen to the latest (and compare it with the rather rubbish "To The Metal")
----
loves 小巫
15.12.2011 - 05:41
Susan
Smeghead
elite
You make a good point. "Big names" in power metal are stepping aside for the new generation. Yeah, Iron Savior is not as huge as Hammerfall, etc, so maybe that's worked in their favor. The best power metal albums in the last few years have been from new, up-and-coming bands or from bands like Iron Savior who have been around but never at the top. Maybe there is something in the water "at the top" that drains the life out of power metal. It sure seems that way from the biggies in the last few years.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs