Metal Storm logo
Carnifex - Going On Hiatus

Scott Ian Lewis, vocalist of deathcore outfit Carnifex, has recently issued an announcement about the band deciding to go on hiatus. Carnifex is playing a series of final shows in December.

Official statement: "Fans and Friends, first and for most, a sincere thank you is in order to our fans and friends across the world. Without your support and passion, we are nothing."

"As of now, Carnifex is in a state of suspended animation. The reasons for this are many and complicated. Let me be clear in saying that Shawn, Cory, Ryan, Fred and I (Scott) are all still members of Carnifex. Let me also be clear in saying that although the future is very uncertain, I can say with optimism, that this is not farewell, but rather, until we meet again."

"Carnifex is now retreating into the obscurity we once came from. Be certain that us as individuals and as band mates have a true love for this band. Our desire to create our brand of art and music has never been about trends or money. These things will not decide our future. We invite you to join us live, for the last time in the foreseeable future. We will be making these select dates as memorable as possible and look forward to seeing you there."

Scheduled tour dates:

Dec. 21 - San Diego, CA - SOMA Mainstage
Dec. 22 - Anaheim, CA - Chain Reaction
Dec. 23 - Hollywood, CA - The Whiskey

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Carnifex
Posted: 15.10.2012 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 50 users
15.10.2012 - 15:55
CrowKiller

A lot of people are going to embrace this news but I am a bit sad. Even though they are pretty generic and the much hated "deathcore" genre, I liked a couple of their albums and would have liked to see some more Carnifex. Ah well.
16.10.2012 - 00:27
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Thank the metal gods, the slew of boring sub-par deathcore has ended.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
16.10.2012 - 01:52
Symmachus

Bummer news. I happened to be rather into this band, and I even saw them live back in December 2010; I briefly talked with Scott, the vocalist. This decision of theirs is respectable, and I wish each member the best.
16.10.2012 - 02:14
HumanSpirit

Good. One less boring generic "death"core band out there...

Hits total: 3012 | This month: 6