Metal Storm logo
Black Sabbath - New Album Update

Almost a year after announcing their reunion, Black Sabbath are currently in the studio working on their first new album with Ozzy Osbourne in 34 years at Shangri La Studios in Malibu.

According to Metalinjection, Ozzy is recording vocals with Rick Rubin. There are 15 songs that have been written, and according to Geezer Butler, 12 of them will make the record, most likely with the additional three serving as bonus tracks for different special editions.

Guitarist Tony Iommi completed all 15 guitar tracks during the band's sessions in England earlier this year. Ozzy and Geezer are working to complete the tracks in five song increments, with the first five being worked on currently.

Ozzy is tracking vocals, with bassist Geezer Butler writing all the lyrics. One song title has been confirmed and it is "God Is Dead".

Source: metalinjection.net
Band profile: Black Sabbath
Posted: 19.10.2012 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   [ 4 ignored ]   Visited by: 289 users
19.10.2012 - 12:57
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Haha, "God is Dead" - nice one. Has to have been alive first to then die but we all know he doesn't even exist.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
19.10.2012 - 14:11
?apleee
Mouthcrab
Written by Ace Frawley on 19.10.2012 at 12:57

Haha, "God is Dead" - nice one. Has to have been alive first to then die but we all know he doesn't even exist.

So brave.
----
"Without judgement, perception would increase a million times."~Chuck Schuldiner

Less coherent than Anal Cunt.

Eric Brecht once liked my Facebook comment. Therefore, by the translative property, Chuck Schuldiner like my comment.
19.10.2012 - 14:28
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Who's playing drums on this since Bill Ward pulled out? Vinnie Apiece?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
19.10.2012 - 16:21
ScreamingSteelUS
Editor-in-Chief
Written by M C Vice on 19.10.2012 at 14:28

I know Tommy Clufetos is handling the live shows, so he might be doing the album as well. It doesn't make much sense to me. Granted, Vinny Appice probably has his hands full with Kill Devil Hill, but even so, this is Black Sabbath we're talking about. They could literally have absolutely any drummer at all in the entire world of Metal that they ever wanted, and they picked Tommy Clufetos. Not Dave Lombardo, not Flo Mounier, not Lyle Cooper... oh well.
----
"Earth is small and I hate it" - Lum Invader

I'm the Agent of Steel.
19.10.2012 - 16:26
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Good news, here's hoping this won't be them just beating a dead horse.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
20.10.2012 - 03:13
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Irritable Ted on 19.10.2012 at 17:52

Written by Auntie Sahar on 19.10.2012 at 16:26

here's hoping this won't be them just beating a dead horse.

Please, show some respect, his name is Ozzy.

What happens in Ozzy and Sharon's bedroom stays in Ozzy and Sharon's bedroom.

Written by ScreamingSteelUS on 19.10.2012 at 16:21

Written by M C Vice on 19.10.2012 at 14:28

I know Tommy Clufetos is handling the live shows, so he might be doing the album as well. It doesn't make much sense to me. ... oh well.

Never heard of him. Maybe he's cheap? Could they have gotten Hellhammer?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
21.10.2012 - 20:35
Whoblehwah

I still don't see why the fuck they couldn't just get Bill Ward back too. Seriously, the fact that they let money get in the way of things is fucking sad.
22.10.2012 - 20:53
wafflestheslayer

Cant wait
24.10.2012 - 21:13
Ludicus
Ludicus
Written by Ace Frawley on 19.10.2012 at 12:57

Nietzsche?

Hits total: 4392 | This month: 4