Metal Storm logo
Graveyard - Bassist To Take A Break From Music And Seek Addiction Help

Rikard Edlund, Graveyard's bassist, has been forced to sit out the band's upcoming events in order to fight addiction problems. The band labored to explain as to why Rikard will not be featuring in the band's upcoming tours. While Rikard is away, the band will continue with a stand-in bass player whose name is yet to be announced.

The band wrote: "Sometimes in life you have to make decisions that are neither simple or easy to make. Graveyard have - after a time filled with difficulties and a search for solutions - been forced to make such a decision. Due to personal problems with addiction, it has come to the point where Rikard, to get the proper help, will have to take a break from touring with the band. Rikard is without a doubt still a member of Graveyard, but as things are at the moment it just doesn't work and something has to be done. The other members give Rikard their full support and the time off needed to try to beat this.

How this will affect the band - it is agreed upon by all four members that the show will go on and to do so the band will tour with a stand in bassplayer.

This has been a far from easy decision to make and the timing isn't the best. But Graveyard as a band has it's mind set on being around for a long time to come. And looking at it from that perspective and Rikard's personal health this is the only option. This is all the band have got to say about this somewhat personal matter."

"After living the hard life for most of my life, it has come to the point that I have to take a break from playing the music that I love." - Rikard

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Graveyard
Posted: 30.10.2012 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 22 users
31.10.2012 - 01:07
Ocean Sage

Get better man. Graveyard will continue which is good, but man I hope he gets clean. Good Luck.
31.10.2012 - 01:17
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Best of luck to Rikard.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
31.10.2012 - 01:23
Susan
Smeghead
Good for him for getting help. It's not easy.

"But Graveyard as a band has its mind set on being around for a long time to come."

^THIS.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
31.10.2012 - 19:30
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Gee it takes a man for being awesome.
----

Hits total: 2706 | This month: 6