Metal Storm logo
Black Sabbath - Australian Tour Dates Announced

No, it's not a Halloween prank... Black Sabbath really are returning to Australia, or Down Under if you prefer, after nearly 40 years.

The band announced today their widely rumored and highly anticipated reunion for their first Aussie shows in nearly 40 years. Original band members - the Prince of Darkness himself: Ozzy Osbourne, bassist Geezer Butler and guitarist Tony Iommi will make a return to Australia in April 2013 for arena shows in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Perth, in their first Australian shows since 1974.

Tickets for these shows will go on sale at midday, Thursday, November 8th. My Live Nation members can access tickets first, during the exclusive member pre-sale starting at 9am on Friday, November 2nd. Sign up at http://www.livenation.com.au.

Australian tour dates:

April 25 - Entertainment Centre, Brisbane
April 27 - Allphones Arena, Sydney
May 1 - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
May 4 - Perth Arena, Perth

Source: blacksabbath.com
Band profile: Black Sabbath
Event: Black Sabbath: Australian Tour 2013
Posted: 31.10.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 147 users
31.10.2012 - 20:26
machiavelli
Account deleted
Too bad. Ozzy can't sing anymore so looks like Oz is gonna be disappointed.
31.10.2012 - 20:27
Unhealer
Eclecticist
I hope LA follows u.u
31.10.2012 - 20:55
Valentin B
Iconoclast
So they never toured Australia even with Dio at the mic? that sounds weird. Yet another reason not to live in Australia
31.10.2012 - 23:30
Ocean Sage
Not a reunion without Bill Ward. Period.
31.10.2012 - 23:37
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by Valentin B on 31.10.2012 at 20:55

So they never toured Australia even with Dio at the mic? that sounds weird. Yet another reason not to live in Australia

I'd rather live down under than in Romania, mate. But I would say that, I'm an Aussie. We didn't need Black Sabbath touring during the Dio years, we had home grown talent to keep us occupied.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
01.11.2012 - 02:08
Timmeh
Dudeman
Come on Ace you really want to stay here? Having to constantly fight off those deadly animals all the time . Definitely going to be attending this, though I would like to know what is going on with Bill Ward...
01.11.2012 - 02:25
Arcticus

I saw them with Dio in 2007 as Heaven & Hell - it's referring to the original lineup. Also, suck my balls

As far as the "not a reunion without Bill Ward" line, it must be said that of the original four, he is the most replaceable, and that the vast majority of fans (myself included) would be happy to take any chance they can get to see the others playing together. Not to mention it's been covered in detail, and it seems he doesn't want to play ball. You're just being stubborn for the sake of it.
01.11.2012 - 11:17
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
That masked thing looks like Vic Rattlehead.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
01.11.2012 - 16:42
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Arcticus on 01.11.2012 at 02:25

I saw them with Dio in 2007 as Heaven & Hell - it's referring to the original lineup. Also, suck my balls

Oh quakey! someone's got a croc in his panties, mate
03.11.2012 - 00:07
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
Written by Ocean Sage on 31.10.2012 at 23:30

Not a reunion without Bill Ward. Period.

QFT. But I am still pretty excited to at least see Tony and Geezer playing together. Their guitar/bass together I find is the best part of Sabbath. Heck the only albums that aren't "true sabbath" are the ones without Geezer, especially since Tony just wanted them to be called his solo albums.
05.11.2012 - 04:55
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Ace Frawley on 31.10.2012 at 23:37

We didn't need Black Sabbath touring during the Dio years, we had home grown talent to keep us occupied.

If you say Chisel/Barnsey or the Oils, I'm gonna reach through the internet and slap you.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
06.11.2012 - 12:25
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Quote:
Quote:

If you say Chisel/Barnsey or the Oils, I'm gonna reach through the internet and slap you.

nah, was going to say The Flowers, Aussie Crawl, Ross Wilson, stuff like that. Or AC/DC.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...

Hits total: 3571 | This month: 8