07. Only The Strong Survive
08. Cry Out The Fools
09. Fade To Flames
10. Under Pressure [demo]

Top 20 albums of 1986: 14

Guest review by
Tzo87
Rating:
"80's US heavy/power metal at it's finest". If you're searching for this phrase in a music album, well... you've just hit bull's eye!

Read more ››
published 01.10.2014 | Comments (0)

Found in 17 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 7   Visited by: 237 users
13.11.2012 - 20:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Just giv a try on classic metal samples
Good HM album, typical 80's stuff, I enjoy it werry much, but I have no time for all good 80's albums I have no time to live and there to many other good vands to listen
Cry out the fools is my fav song ... I have feeling I have hear this before somewhere ...
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.12.2015 - 14:37
Rating: 10
Joppe
Steelemeister
Listened the sophomore first, which was disappointing, but this one is AMAZING!. "In The Fallout" and "Fade To Flames" kick many asses
----
My vision is augmented
31.03.2022 - 08:53
Rating: 8
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
This is a great debut, the true definition of U.S. power metal, that is often overlooked. It has powerful vocals that very much remind me of Dio, heavy melodic riffs that stick in your head, with very good drumming, all in perfect tempo. All decent songs here with no fillers, but the stand outs for me are "Fifth Angel", "Wings Of Destiny" and "Cry Out The Fools".
31.03.2022 - 09:11
Rating: 9
JoHn Doe

One of my favorite US Power albums.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
31.03.2022 - 16:44
Metal Rasputin

Fantastic band and fantastic album. Fade To Flames is awesome song and the first one I heard from this album. Fifth Angel always knew how to make nice melodic power metal without going to European flower territory. I even enjoy the second album where they went more mainstream, but that just shows how talented these guys were and still are, they could play anything and it would still sound great.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
17.02.2024 - 12:26
Rating: 10
gerold_dayne

Dude what an incredible album. I don't listen to power metal much but this is just beautiful. So much power and energy in every second of every song. No bad songs on it, but if I had to pick one that I skip, it would easily be "Only the Strong Survive", because it's very repetitive. Favourite songs are "The Night", "Cry Out the Fools", and "The Wings of Destiny", with the rest of the songs all being very close behind 8 out of 9 of the songs being as good as they are, I'm willing to give this a ten out of ten.
And, on another note, their second album is also pretty enjoyable.
17.02.2024 - 13:12
JoHn Doe

Written by gerold_dayne on 17.02.2024 at 12:26

Dude what an incredible album. I don't listen to power metal

This is US Power, quite different than the cheese-fest that is a lot of Euro-power metal.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.

Hits total: 6747 | This month: 49