Metal Storm logo
Epica interview (11/2012)

With: Coen Janssen
Conducted by: D.T. Metal (in person)
Published: 12.11.2012

Band profile:

Epica

Epica, currently touring North America in support of their latest release Requiem For The Indifferent, made a tour stop in Denver, CO this past week. We grabbed keyboardist Coen Janssen, who took the time to sit down with us for some Q&A's about the new album, touring, and their upcoming 10th Anniversary gig.

Posted on 12.11.2012 by Former boss lady. Now just a professional concertgoer... dangerously armed with a camera!

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 192 users
15.11.2012 - 11:16
Evican
Ann O'War
AUSTRALIA! \m/

Bullshit there wasn't enough people interested here. The fans were here, no one wanted to bring them out to tour.
22.11.2012 - 20:04
Elodie Artour
Slania
Written by Evican on 15.11.2012 at 11:16

AUSTRALIA! \m/

Bullshit there wasn't enough people interested here. The fans were here, no one wanted to bring them out to tour.

Oh well, he may not be too well informed about you Aussies but I second that. It was high-time they booked Australian shows as well!

Other than that, thanks to the author for the interview! I saw them live twice this year, yet cannot wait till their Retrospect show any more.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
24.11.2012 - 01:05
Evican
Ann O'War
Written by Elodie Artour on 22.11.2012 at 20:04

Oh well, he may not be too well informed about you Aussies but I second that. It was high-time they booked Australian shows as well!

Other than that, thanks to the author for the interview! I saw them live twice this year, yet cannot wait till their Retrospect show any more.

Yeah, I saw them in Canada in 2010 and also on 70K Tons last year. Mark and Isaac were saying that they had tried to tour Australia previously, but the promoters told them that they were too expensive and needed to drop a band member for the tour to be worthwhile pursuing.

So jealous of the Retrospect show. I was tempted to fly over for it. I hope they release it on blu ray.
05.12.2012 - 05:59
Elodie Artour
Slania
Written by Evican on 24.11.2012 at 01:05

Written by Elodie Artour on 22.11.2012 at 20:04

Yeah, I saw them in Canada in 2010 and also on 70K Tons last year. Mark and Isaac were saying that they had tried to tour Australia previously, but the promoters told them that they were too expensive and needed to drop a band member for the tour to be worthwhile pursuing.

So jealous of the Retrospect show. I was tempted to fly over for it. I hope they release it on blu ray.

Thank you, dear! I really do hope they play mostly old stuff since I'm still not very fond of their newest release...

But nevermind that, the show's supposed to be spectacular and I can already guess some of the guest appearances.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
09.12.2012 - 22:09
Italics

I've tried to get into this band so many times due to the fact that I love symphonic metal, but I just find their songs very bland and forgettable. Maybe I've just been listening to the wrong ones.
----
But I Justify My Desire to No One

Hits total: 8020 | This month: 8