Metal Storm logo
Alpha Flood - Ex-Pain Of Salvation, Threshold, Darkwater Members Form New Band

Musicians from several prog groups are joining forces in the new band called Alpha Flood. This new band features past and present members of Frost*, Pain Of Salvation, Threshold, Darkwater and Neal Morse. Sounds promising? Alpha Flood is currently in the studio letting their creative juices flow and recording their debut album to be released in 2013.

The idea for the band originated in the mind of Dec Burke, former vocalist and guitar player of Frost* and Darwin's Radio. "I had the desire to form a band that would combine modern progressive rock and metal elements with more song-oriented music," Dec Burke explains. "And when time and opportunity presented itself to work with some world class musicians that I have respected and admired for many years, I went all in."

First on board was Collin Leijenaar, long time live drummer for Neal Morse: "While I was finishing my Affector album Dec called to ask if I would be interested in joining his new band. Being a fan of Dec's music, I jumped in without hesitating."

Kristoffer Gildenlöw (ex-Pain Of Salvation), Simon Andersson (Darkwater) and Richard West (Threshold) soon followed to complete the line up. Richard: "I wasn't looking to join another band but when I heard the music it was so compellingly beautiful that I couldn't resist."

Simon adds: "To be asked to form a band with these musicians was a true honour. Years ago I used to play along to their songs, imagining how it would be to be in a band with them. And now here we are. I'm thrilled!"

Dec: "As soon as we started writing music together it was obvious that there's an awesome chemistry between us. And rest assured, this is not a one-album project, but a band that's here to stay!"

Kristoffer ends: "We can't wait to bring this music to the stage and kick some serious ass!"

Alpha Flood line-up:

Dec Burke - vocals & guitars
Kristoffer Gildenlöw - bass guitars
Richard West - keyboards
Simon Andersson - guitars
Collin Leijenaar - drums

Source: facebook.com
Posted: 20.11.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 61 users
20.11.2012 - 20:38
Unhealer
Eclecticist
When I read ex-POS I was kinda hoping that Johan Langell had formed a new band, but this is good news also.
20.11.2012 - 20:43
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Unhealer on 20.11.2012 at 20:38

When I read ex-POS I was kinda hoping that Johan Langell had formed a new band, but this is good news also.

I thought the same, but I guess it's early for that? Wasn't he doing solo stuff?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
20.11.2012 - 21:04
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by BloodTears on 20.11.2012 at 20:43

I thought the same, but I guess it's early for that? Wasn't he doing solo stuff?

Well, if I had used my brain for a few seconds I would have realized that since he left POS to be with his family, it would be ridiculous if he showed up with a new band of these proportions
He said he would continue making music, didn't say how... and didn't hear from him after that.
20.11.2012 - 21:05
Stabby
Account deleted
Well I'm certainly interested! Thanks for keeping us posted.
20.11.2012 - 23:11
Wukk

Sounds like a great lineup. I can't shake the feeling that we'll get a lot of quality, but not much quantity though.
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
20.11.2012 - 23:34
SceneryOfLoss

Sounds interesting!
21.11.2012 - 01:49
Awesomesaurus

I just hope that they all will participate in the songwriting process, if that dude from Darwin's Radio is the main composer - we are doomed... his songs are always tedious and hard for listening even if you are a long-time prog fan.
----
Always be a poet, even in prose.

A man who wants to lead the whole orchestra - must turn his back to the crowd.
21.11.2012 - 13:02
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Awesomesaurus on 21.11.2012 at 01:49

I just hope that they all will participate in the songwriting process, if that dude from Darwin's Radio is the main composer - we are doomed... his songs are always tedious and hard for listening even if you are a long-time prog fan.

Have you listened to Frost*? They are amazing!
----

My Instagram
21.11.2012 - 17:36
Awesomesaurus

Written by BloodTears on 21.11.2012 at 13:02

Written by Awesomesaurus on 21.11.2012 at 01:49

Have you listened to Frost*? They are amazing!

Actually, I did, but just one CD called "Experiments in Mass Appeal", recently I am hooked on this Finnish prog metal band called Standing Ovation and their debut "The Antikythera Mechanism".

http://youtu.be/tX456vSZuSg
----
Always be a poet, even in prose.

A man who wants to lead the whole orchestra - must turn his back to the crowd.
21.11.2012 - 20:39
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Quote:

Actually, I did, but just one CD called "Experiments in Mass Appeal", recently I am hooked on this Finnish prog metal band called Standing Ovation and their debut "The Antikythera Mechanism".

http://youtu.be/tX456vSZuSg

Sounds interesting actually. Thanks for the suggestion. In that case, you need to listen to "Milliontown" from Frost*, it's brilliant
----

My Instagram

Hits total: 3180 | This month: 2