Metal Storm logo
Trailer Music - When Metal Meets Epic [Chapter IV]

Written by: Mindheist
Published: 20.11.2012

(*): Do me a favor; if you don't have headphones, go buy a pair. If you don't have money, steal your neighbor's. This category holds the most intense, powerful, and profound art pieces ever recorded and without headphones, you won't be able to make the most out of it. Now, you might go to jail for stealing, but trust me, it's all worth it. Just know though, if you get caught, you don't know me.

In case you're new at this; you can always go back and check the chapters that have already been published:

#Trailer Music - When Metal Meets Epic[Chapter I] [Intro]
#Trailer Music - When Metal Meets Epic[Chapter II] [The Technical Side of Trailer Music]
#Trailer Music - When Metal Meets Epic[Chapter III] [Introducing The First Legion: Pure Epic]

Now, let's get down to business, shall we?

Introducing The Second Legion: Hyper Epic:

While the film industry uses Pure Epic cues to instill sweeping drama and uplifting choirs within the movie itself, they choose Hyper Epic cues perfectly tailored for top tier marketing campaigns, powerful enough to throw you off your chair. There's no greater weapon to grab the viewer's intention than a 2-min trailer song sired by a record-breaking X-piece string orchestra. Hyper Epic is a trailer music genre that in order to reach it; violins, violas, cellos and double basses have to go up in flames. Some of these cues were used as launch trailers for movies like Avatar and Robin Hood; and video games like Assassin's Creed and Devil May Cry.

If you pick a song randomly, please listen to it to its entirety, most of them get intense during their final third. We hope you enjoy your journey into this lawless world.

Table of Contents
2.1. Groove Addicts
2.2. Audiomachine
2.3. Two Steps From Hell
2.4. Brickwall Audio
2.5. Mark Petrie
2.6. Position Music

2.1. Groove Addicts:

Groove Addicts- Sparta [Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time]:
Companies: Groove Addicts & Ninja Tracks
Album: Full Tilt 3 (CD 1)
Composer(s): Kaveh Cohen & Michael Nielsen

Groove Addicts - Conviction [Robin Hood]:
Album: Full Tilt Rising
Composer(s): Kaveh Cohen & Michael Nielsen

2.2. Audiomachine:

Audiomachine - Guardians At The Gate [Avatar]
Album: Platinum Series III - Eterna
Composer(s): Kevin Rix & Paul Dinletir

2.3. Two Steps From Hell:

Two Steps From Hell - United We Stand, Divided We Fall [Devil May Cry]
Album: Nero & Archangel
Composer: Thomas J. Bergersen

Two Steps From Hell - Velocitron [Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood]:
Album: Power Of Darkness
Composer: Nick Phoenix

Two Steps From Hell - Moving Mountains [Game Of Thrones]:
Album: Invincible

Two Steps From Hell - To Glory [Mass Effect 3]:
Album: Invincible

2.4. Brickwall Audio:

Brickwall Audio - Dark Energy [Knights Of The Apocalypse]
Album: Cataclysm Volume 2: Power
Composers: Erik Ekholm

2.5. Mark Petrie:

Mark Petrie - Polar Shift
Composer: Mark Petrie

Mark Petrie - Aurora [The Amazing Spider-Man]
Composer: Mark Petrie (Owned by PostHaste Music)

2.6. Position Music:

Position Music - Vendetta
Composers: Jo Blankenburg
Album: Orchestral Series Vol. 06 ? Vendetta

Position Music - Praetorian Guards [X-Men First Class]

Position Music - Kingdom Of Avilion [Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2]

When Metal Meets Epic...

I'm not sure about whether or not these composers are human. I think only demons can create such amazing music. I'm not even sure everything I have listened to prior to discovering trailer music can be called...well, music. One thing for sure though, metal is no longer my favorite genre.

Now, hold on tight to your holy books, oh religious people! We've officially entered the Demons' Land. The land where metal and epic coalesce into one demonic sound powerful enough to tear this miserable world to shreds.

Next Chapter: Trailer Music - Introducing The Third Legion: Hybrid Rock/Dark Metal.

Guest article disclaimer:
This is a guest article, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 21 users
21.11.2012 - 14:30
NocturnalStalker
Metal Addict
Thank you for another interesting article, Mindheist.
I must confess I'm not very fond of this kind of overly epic, Hollywood blockbuster soundtrack kind of music but some of the tracks were pretty nice (Two Steps From Hell for me).
I guess, I prefer dramatic music over epic music. That's why I'll be looking forward to your next article.
----
"And we are not who we think we are
We are who we're afraid to be"
- Lux Occulta "The Opening of Eleventh Sephirah"
21.11.2012 - 23:31
Mindheist
No Longer Human
Written by NocturnalStalker on 21.11.2012 at 14:30

Thank you for another interesting article, Mindheist.
I must confess I'm not very fond of this kind of overly epic, Hollywood blockbuster soundtrack kind of music but some of the tracks were pretty nice (Two Steps From Hell for me).
I guess, I prefer dramatic music over epic music. That's why I'll be looking forward to your next article.

Well, first, thank you for taking the time to read the article and listen to the tracks above

You know, originally, I had chosen 10 other tracks to go with the "Hyper Epic" category, but at the last minute I changed everything. The reason for that is because I thought people would be even more interested in this if they knew the kind of movies and VG some of these tracks were precisely written for. I guess in the end I chose fame over quality

I agree though, Two Steps From Hell are beasts and arguably the biggest trailer music powerhouse in the world, As for the Hybrid Rock/Dark Metal category, I promise you, it'll be richer than this one. And now that I know this category wasn't that much to your liking, i'll put an even extra thought into the upcoming one

Hope you like it
22.11.2012 - 16:16
NocturnalStalker
Metal Addict
Written by Mindheist on 21.11.2012 at 23:31

Well, first, thank you for taking the time to read the article and listen to the tracks above

You know, originally, I had chosen 10 other tracks to go with the "Hyper Epic" category, but at the last minute I changed everything. The reason for that is because I thought people would be even more interested in this if they knew the kind of movies and VG some of these tracks were precisely written for. I guess in the end I chose fame over quality

I agree though, Two Steps From Hell are beasts and arguably the biggest trailer music powerhouse in the world, As for the Hybrid Rock/Dark Metal category, I promise you, it'll be richer than this one. And now that I know this category wasn't that much to your liking, i'll put an even extra thought into the upcoming one

Hope you like it

Thank you for considering my humble opinion.
And I hope that more people will come to appreciate your articles in the future.
----
"And we are not who we think we are
We are who we're afraid to be"
- Lux Occulta "The Opening of Eleventh Sephirah"
22.11.2012 - 23:25
Mindheist
No Longer Human
Written by NocturnalStalker on 22.11.2012 at 16:16

Thank you for considering my humble opinion.
And I hope that more people will come to appreciate your articles in the future.

Suggestions are always welcome, especially from a rising composer

Considering Trailer Music, I must confess one thing - At the beginning, I thought it would definitely draw a considerable number of metalheads, given its dark and rebellious nature, but clearly I was wrong. So yeah, I, too, hope more people will end up reading them

Hits total: 5670 | This month: 9