Metal Storm logo
Queens of the Stone age

29.11.2006 - 06:02
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Queens of the stone age are in my oppinion one of the better rock bands of the common era. I especially love Nick Olivaries Basslines on the Album "Songs for the death. Unfortunatly he had to leave the band due to Drug and spousal abuse problems. One of My friends was actually lucky enough to meet the band.

I have it labelled as Acid Rock because that is how it was introduced to me, and it quite frankly does have an acid feel to me, but I'm sorry if it is incorrectly labelled anyway. Are there any Other Queens fans on here? Well in anycase, you guys tell me what you think.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
03.12.2006 - 14:34
Rainmaker123
Account deleted
Qotsa are classified as Stoner Rock, But who cares. Yea i love QOTSA, one of my fav bands, also one of the few modern rock bands i like. Songs for the deaf, is one of my fav albums also, with great songs like " no one knows " " go with the flow " " God is on the radio ", it was a pitty when Nick left or got kicked out as he was a great bassist.
03.12.2006 - 15:24
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
They're not that bad, but I don't think they're superb either. Pretty OK I guess, since their sound is intended to be repetitve sometimes.
I also would rather classify them as Stoner Rock actually...

"Rated R" and "Songs For The Deaf" are still in my album collection, both are pretty great albums.
I didn't really like the first self titled album. And also their latest effort "Lullabies To Paralyze" didn't impress me at all though, except the single 'Little Sister' which is a short kickass song.

I also saw them live twice, and they're again pretty average live. The first time, Nick Oliveri was still in the band, and he's a great bassist.
QOTSA is one of those bands you should have seen once live in your life, but try to avoid seeing them again more times afterwards, since you've already seen it the first time. I mean they're nothing special anymore the second time, and the déjà-vu feeling is pretty big (but then again, I also saw them two years in a row).

IMO Nick Oliveri's replacement Alain Johannes, tried to perform a great job on "Lullabies To Paralyze", but the sound is just not the same as Oliveri's bass play.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
03.12.2006 - 21:27
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Great band...Avon and No One Knows are my favorite songs by them...
04.12.2006 - 05:10
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Personally one of My favorite songs is "First it Giveth" from the Album "Songs for the Deaf." I Havn't been fotunate enough to hear all of the songs from their newest work "Lullibies to Parylize" But I do quite enjoy the song "Little Sister." "No one Knows" Is also a great song, I love the Bass solo!
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

04.12.2006 - 05:27
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
The only album I listen to is their first self-titled album. It's really simple music, but the vocals are good and I guess it creates a good atmosphere. I don't really like their other stuff, but their first album is pretty good, even though I've only played the album three times.
27.12.2006 - 18:54
Grind_Bastard
Account deleted
I like them, most of the albums, because they are very different to what i normaly would listen to...Like i said i like most of the albums but the newest i like more...don't know why...they seem to be better...anyway's...good band
29.05.2007 - 16:14
Nixx
Account deleted
got all their albums, a simply amazing band, always gets me in a good mood ^^
"Monsters in the Parasol", "Long Slow Goodbye", "The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret", "I Never Came", "Song for the Deaf", "Song for the Dead", "Everybody knows you're insane"
I could go on forever to be honest.

Shame that people these days mainly listen to their newest stuff only, I truly recommend checking out "Rated R", and the self-titled album aswell.
06.06.2007 - 21:44
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I think they are good.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
07.06.2007 - 23:49
_becar_
Account deleted
well..they were superb,totally stoner.not now LTP is not that good album in my opinion and this era vulgaris smells to be shit...let's wait and see
19.06.2007 - 10:27
Bulldozer
Account deleted
How's Era Vulgaris?
05.07.2007 - 00:11
_becar_
Account deleted
shit,shit,shit
they screwed up completley, unfortunatley..we still have first 3 albums,though,and bunch of other good stoner bands that didn't compromise themselves(clutch for example..i recommend from beale street to oblivion if you haven't heared it yet)
11.07.2007 - 07:23
They're an awesome band.
----
oderint dum metuant
12.08.2007 - 05:34
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Yeah they were one of my favourite bands before Lullabies, I think they went from great to awesome then hit perfection with Songs for the Deaf. Apparently the band admits Lullabies was a low point for them but I don't much like what I've heard from Vulgaris either.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
30.08.2007 - 01:42
Dan066
Account deleted
Awesome rock band. Songs for the deaf is by far their best album. I haven't really listened to Era Vulgaris so much but some of the songs i've heard were good, some bad. IMO Josh Homme should have stuck with the members he had on SFTD. Some of my favorite songs are "Song for the dead", " "serial killer", and "the sky is falling".
30.08.2007 - 04:46
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Yeah but he couldn't keep nick around, he was a coke head and abbusive to his wife. So good as nick was, he needed to go. Josh Homme is a musical Geneous by the way, he is a fucking mastermind.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

15.10.2007 - 14:03
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Queens Of The Stone Age played their new single, "3's And 7's", on CBS' "The Late Show with David Letterman" on Wednesday, October 10. you can watch this performance here.

The band's video for "3's And 7's" has been released and can be viewed at this location. The clip was directed by Paul Minor.
25.10.2007 - 09:20
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Chuck Stikl of Z104.5 The Edge conducted an interview with frontman Josh Homme in and you can watch the three-minute clip at this location.
02.11.2007 - 10:31
Fuath
good to see that there are other people who like them as much as i do!!! i love em, my fav album is definitely songs for the deaf
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

02.11.2007 - 11:42
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Queens Of The Stone Age recorded an acoustic live. Some MP3 and videos are available at this location. Enjoy.
03.11.2007 - 04:47
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
man, you never fail to bring the info, thanks much
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

02.12.2007 - 23:27
Smurfophagist
Queens Of The Stone Age are one of my favorite bands. The album I most prefer would be 'Songs For The Deaf' it's totally wild and kinda trippy. To everyone who like QOTSA I would also recommend the band Kyuss. Almost all members of QOTSA played in it.
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
11.12.2007 - 00:07
Pole Kitten
Account deleted
well i think they're fantastic! i've never sene them live unfortunately but i wish i'd taken the opportunity to do so when i had the chance. "Songs For The Deaf" is still my favourite album and has the most memories attached to it with "Lost Art of Keeping a Secret" as my favourite track. They were one of my favourite bands at university so i'll always have happy thoughts attached to that album.

the new stuff i'm not sure about yet... i reserve judgment but so far what i've heard has been good.
03.04.2008 - 23:19
Colony
Account deleted
This is one of the few bands I listen to that aren't metal. Very original and IMO keeping rock alive
04.04.2008 - 00:18
doomina
Account deleted
one of the most overrated bands ever ...
i can't deny that they have some good songs, but most of their songs are crap IMO.
i don't know why but josh homme is the only ex-member of kyuss, which is definately one of the best bands of all time, who produces so much shit.
alfredo hernandez and brant bjork are playing together now in brant bjork and the bros ... fuckin awesome. scott reeder has a solo-project which is great.
and everything that john garcia is doing is killer. the last hemano release kicks ass!
well ... nick olivieri's mondo generator is "nice". nothin special, but 100000times better then QOTSA.
04.04.2008 - 21:34
Herzebeth
I haven't had the guts to buy an entire album by QOTSA...don't know why, I think I might dislike it after a while...but then when I hear some of their songs I go crazy about them...

it's weird for me and the queens
----
03.05.2008 - 14:24
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Herzebeth on 04.04.2008 at 21:34
I haven't had the guts to buy an entire album by QOTSA...don't know why, I think I might dislike it after a while...but then when I hear some of their songs I go crazy about them...
They're fairly common & cheap here but I dunno about your area... I definitely recommend getting Deaf, & Rated R would probably be worth it too
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
03.05.2008 - 16:49
destroyah
supercharger
Elite

I haven't had the guts to buy an entire album by QOTSA...don't know why, I think I might dislike it after a while...

I think I have em all, but I have to say I rarely give 'em a spin. Mostly I just pick a few tracks and stick em in my playlist. Also, a lot of people praise "Songs for the Deaf", but I must admit that as a whole it has failed to stick yet. Although, that may change one day.
----
About me:

"The best out of all the people ever" - Washington Post

"We abandoned Christ for Destroyah's love!" - The Watchtower

"Simply amazing!" - Rolling Stone
03.05.2008 - 19:18
Herzebeth
Written by destroyah on 03.05.2008 at 16:49

I haven't had the guts to buy an entire album by QOTSA...don't know why, I think I might dislike it after a while...

I think I have em all, but I have to say I rarely give 'em a spin. Mostly I just pick a few tracks and stick em in my playlist. Also, a lot of people praise "Songs for the Deaf", but I must admit that as a whole it has failed to stick yet. Although, that may change one day.

That's what I fear...I just like some songs there and I hate to buy albums and never play them lol
----
04.05.2008 - 02:00
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Guest on 04.04.2008 at 00:18

one of the most overrated bands ever ...
i can't deny that they have some good songs, but most of their songs are crap IMO.
i don't know why but josh homme is the only ex-member of kyuss, which is definately one of the best bands of all time, who produces so much shit.
alfredo hernandez and brant bjork are playing together now in brant bjork and the bros ... fuckin awesome. scott reeder has a solo-project which is great.
and everything that john garcia is doing is killer. the last hemano release kicks ass!
well ... nick olivieri's mondo generator is "nice". nothin special, but 100000times better then QOTSA.

I'm sorry but, Queens slays your face
----
-Kakita Toshimoko