01. Handshake
02. Bouncing Dot
03. Trojans
04. Access Granted
05. Logic Bomb
06. Warp Gate Exploit
07. Null
08. Panic

Can't really describe this any better than Rémi Gallego himself so I'll just quote him on this...

"Imagine a mash up of electronica driven breakdowns, djent-y guitars, gut wrenching dub-step wobs and glitchy melodies all working together to fluidly pummel your head into the future."

psykometal's picks | More picks ››

Found in 8 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 15   Visited by: 282 users
28.11.2012 - 02:28
psykometal
A staff guy...
This album is fucking fantastic! Can't stop listening to it...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

28.11.2012 - 03:24
Rating: 8
Unhealer
Eclecticist
So they were added... Nice album, I still owe it a couple of listens more.
02.12.2012 - 15:41
Evil Chip

Me too, defenitely gonna listen to this along the next week
03.12.2012 - 05:52
chronic-headache

This is such a great idea. While some tracks seems a little formulaic, this really is something that hasn't been done before. Loving Polymorphic Code.
03.12.2012 - 20:30
Rating: 9
Uldreth

The main melody in Null is so infectious it is unbelievable.
03.12.2012 - 20:51
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Uldreth on 03.12.2012 at 20:30

The main melody in Null is so infectious it is unbelievable.

Dude, this whole album is infectious...
----

03.12.2012 - 21:20
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Guest on 03.12.2012 at 20:53

+1... It's a great fusion!

I would like to get more into electronic music but unfortunately it's difficult to find something really interesting! =/

It can be. Depends on what you're looking for I suppose. There's plenty of electronic stuff out there that is harsh and dark.

Look into this list I made a while back...I need to update that come to think of it since I have found some more stuff since then. I'll have to do that later today when I get home from work.
----

03.12.2012 - 21:47
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Guest on 03.12.2012 at 21:26

The other side ("the mainstream one") could be somewhere near to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoGJTCOaBSQ

That's very futurepop-y. For stuff similar to that check out VNV Nation and Apoptygma Berzerk.

The Algorithm is rather unique so good luck finding more like him right now but definitely refer to the list I linked for the darker side of the industrial/electronic end of the spectrum. If you like black metal at all also look into Psyclon Nine, they started off very aggrotech but on their 3rd album they began shifting towards a mix of black metal and aggrotech.
----

03.12.2012 - 22:17
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Guest on 03.12.2012 at 21:57

You say "futurepop" is something I should try to look for (regarding that youtube song), am I right? This will help me... I cannot estimate the subgenre myself as I am still confused about all the styles of electronic-based music :-)

Regarding the The Algorithm - I know that it's not completely the same style but I LOVE album Origins by Bend the Sky, it's the best djenty album so far for me by a margin! The Algorithm's music share some similarities... At least I feel it like that.

Yes, that Melody song sounds rather futurepop to me so I would def recommend that genre, and the 2 most prominient futurepop acts are VNV Nation and Apoptygma Berzerk. A personal fave of mine from the genre also is Icon Of Coil.

I have not heard Bend The Sky but if you say they have similarities with The Algorithm then I will def have to check them out.
----

19.02.2013 - 14:29
Starchild

This sounds like it came from another planet, or like something from the distant future... Just ridiculously awesome and unique
19.02.2013 - 18:45
neonxaos

This is absolutely amazing work, reminds me of Genghis Tron. Actually, can anybody recommend other bands that sound like this or Genghis Tron? I have been searching for so long for that style.
01.06.2013 - 12:08
Sword_Chant

Excellent album, never heard this style in metal before it's like Dubstep and Metal forged together into one new genre... epic! I'm not normally into the whole dubstep thing, but this I can cope with!
13.02.2014 - 10:40
boo-boo

Cut the crap about dubstep, really...
----
World won't end today - it's already tomorrow in Australia.
24.09.2014 - 11:12
_deepblack

Very interesting mix of Djent and electronic breakdowns this is better than some of those 0 1 bands that become boring after one or two listen
05.12.2014 - 20:07
CyberSymphony
Ollie
This is such as great find, I'm not a huge fan of the whole dub-step popularity thing, but this works extremely well. Even a mix of nostalgic Gameboy sounds thrown in too. I can see this getting re-played alot by me.

Hits total: 7968 | This month: 20