Metal Storm logo
Quotes In Songs

Original post

Posted by ASiema113, 29.11.2006 - 18:42
At one point or another you've probably heard a song start with someone(who is not part of the band) voicing a part of a movie or where ever the band found the quote.

Here you can discuss a quote you find particularly interesting, would like to figure out where a quote originated from, or a quote you've recently seen used in a movie, tv, etc that's also in a song you've heard.
24.04.2009 - 16:00
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
One of my favourite quotes is from Aborted's 'Sea Of Cartelage', not sure where its from though...

"You murdered your own son? Yes i did. Why did you do it? He was a sacrifice. I was to murder 3 million people from the planet earth. He was a sacrifice to see if i could murder one of my own.... At the end of murdering all the people of earth, i was going to murder my own family.... and then take my own life to become God.... to become God"
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
24.04.2009 - 16:25
TheBigRossowski

Written by Cryogenic_Death on 07.01.2007 at 13:46

hey, there is a quote in Behemoth's "Anti-christian Phenomenon" that says: "We feel that the human race should be eliminated because it is unworthy...it is unworthy of the gift of life".......any clue where this one is from?

I would say that is from one of those Christian programs and not necessarily a film. The same with Funeral Mist's ''Blessed Curse''. You know what kind of shows I'm talking about? These bible clubs on American TV and ...uh, what not.

If I ever had a band I would want to use this quote ''you got any more of that good sarsaparilla?''
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
01.05.2009 - 19:55
Winterfog

There's a quote in Impaled nazarene it's in Ugra Karma that says "Yes, because were you inspired by the devil?, -Yes I am inspired by the devil, Lucifer I serve you bla bla..." I just realized that this quote was taken from "the Name of the rose", it was form the monk that was accussed of witchery by the inquisition
08.05.2009 - 03:46
ASiema113

Written by Winterfog on 01.05.2009 at 19:55

There's a quote in Impaled nazarene it's in Ugra Karma that says "Yes, because were you inspired by the devil?, -Yes I am inspired by the devil, Lucifer I serve you bla bla..." I just realized that this quote was taken from "the Name of the rose", it was form the monk that was accussed of witchery by the inquisition

Ahh yes, not a bad movie either imo. Marduk also used this quote for "With Satan And Victorious Weapons" on their World Funeral album.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
08.05.2009 - 03:54
tulkas
el parcero
Written by ASiema113 on 08.05.2009 at 03:46

Ahh yes, not a bad movie either imo. Marduk also used this quote for "With Satan And Victorious Weapons" on their World Funeral album.

Certainly not a bad movie and most certainly not a bad book at all! It's long, but it's really worth reading
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
08.05.2009 - 19:02
Winterfog

Written by ASiema113 on 08.05.2009 at 03:46

Written by Winterfog on 01.05.2009 at 19:55

You're right, I forgot I've heard the same quote in another song, good movie indeed
14.06.2009 - 19:12
terrorist

My favorite is Iron Maiden - The Edge Of Darkness .I think it's from the movie Apocalypse Today,and as i can notice the whole lyric is written by using the sentences from the movie.
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
20.08.2011 - 02:24
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Written by Destryphior on 30.11.2006 at 21:11

Well Ensiferum quotes J.L. Runeberg, the writer of the Finnsih National Anthem, in their song Old Man.

That's it:
Sweeter far than life from I found that love was
Sweeter far than love to die as he did
20.08.2011 - 02:28
Don Martin
le fu-
Kraanium - Midget Fucker

"Yeaaah, one o' dem macrophiliacs!" "Necrophiliacs, you stupid arsehole!"

Cracks me up everytime
----
What a tackastrophe!
20.08.2011 - 03:25
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Don Martin on 20.08.2011 at 02:28

Fucking fantastic movie.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
20.08.2011 - 03:35
Don Martin
le fu-
Written by Troy Killjoy on 20.08.2011 at 03:25

Written by Don Martin on 20.08.2011 at 02:28

Fucking fantastic movie.

Best part: The protagonist eating with the zombies. I lol'd so hard at that
----
What a tackastrophe!
20.08.2011 - 17:04
JD
Account deleted
My all time favorites are:

DPOS!!!'s "I'm In Every Horror Movie"
Whorecore's "Iron Lotus"

Snatch:
"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt.. me."
-------------
Cryptopsy's "Orgiastic Disembowelment"

Evil Dead 3: Army of Darkness:
"That's it, go ahead and run. Run home and cry to mama!"
-------------
DPOS!!!'s "For The Next 35:49 Minutes, You Will Be Musically Raped"

Forrest Gump:
My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
20.08.2011 - 21:15
Lit.
Account deleted
Ministry does at lot of samples in their songs, my favorite being in Señor Peligro. They work the spanish speech in so perfectly.
In Thieves, there are multiple samples from Full Metal Jacket.
In Faith Collapsing, "The System will eat itself!" from the Fahrenheit 451 movie.

I also love the ER sample from Reanimator in the beginning of Divine Step by Coroner.
21.08.2011 - 00:57
InnerSelf
proofread free
Chaos Moon - Simulacrum of Mirrors
A quote from my personal all time favorite movie Memento "So how can I heal , how am I supposed to heal , if I can't feel time"
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.