‹‹ Back to the Extreme metal forum
Users visited: 66  
Search this topic:  

!J.O.O.E.!

30.11.2012 at 19:44
So yeah, the Black Twilight Circle are a Southern California-based collection, scene, whatever you want to call it, of like-minded black metal bands that seem to be on the Crepúsculo Negro and Rhinocervs labels. Information about them appears to be virtually non-existent. I suppose you could regard it as an American, modern equivalent of Les Légions Noires that comprises some 17 or so odd bands that are either directly part of or at least affiliated with it. The difference is, unlike LLN, is that many, if not the majority, of these bands are excellent and not just predicated on silly rumour and legend along with rubbish music. Stylistically speaking all the bands are relatively raw and rough round the edges, in varying degrees, but their sound tends to focus on dense, layered, sometimes freeform guitars, often quite psychedelic in nature. There's a definite unifying theme amongst them, and it's a very satisfying one that's quite different from the mountains of Darkclones around.

While I can easily choose a favourite, that would be Arizmenda for their sublime 'Within the Vacuum of Infinity...' it's hard to choose from the others which is the most successful, because frankly they'll all so fucking good. I only today realised that Muknal, the closest the group has to a death metal band (and one of my favourite releases this year) is supposedly part of them. You also have Odz Manouk who have the boldest, most direct sound though not too dissimilar to Arizmenda (have to say these would probably be joint second favourite along with Muknal). Dolorvotre and Kuxan Suum being the loosest, most freeform of the lot, often sounding almost improv in nature (particularly in the case of Kuxan Suum's one 17 minute long song EP). Axeman have a distinctly punk-ish vibe and Absum are the doom band of the group (albeit extremely raw sounding doom). The actual Rhinocervs music project appears to change frequently from demo to demo from the accessible slower, more melodic and generally atmospheric to more punishing death tinged black metal. And so on.

Yeah lots of incredible music in this group. Here's a few favourites so you get an idea of their sound. (The Volahn one will have to be watched on youtube itself. Worth it though because the song is amazing)

If these links ever go down there's a bunch of tracks here.
----
ANGEL REAPER

30.11.2012 at 20:04
Hey they use cassettes - they are kvlt as fuck
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
!J.O.O.E.!

30.11.2012 at 20:05
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 30.11.2012 at 20:04

Hey they use cassettes - they are kvlt as fuck

The kvltest
----
Bad English
nobody

01.12.2012 at 18:37
Azdahatus sounds good --- is there a place where can I see all bands who belongs?
I never ever heard about such circle.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
!J.O.O.E.!

01.12.2012 at 18:53
Written by Bad English on 01.12.2012 at 18:37

Azdahatus sounds good --- is there a place where can I see all bands who belongs?
I never ever heard about such circle.

If you mean something official then I'm pretty sure there's nothing of the sort, but here's an interview I just found. Haven't even read it myself yet.
----
SilentScream
Blasphemer

01.12.2012 at 21:33
Had never listened to these bands, but what I'm hearing so far is damn good. Thanks Jooe.
----
http://www.facebook.com/#!/phosphorusqc
!J.O.O.E.!

02.12.2012 at 01:30
Written by SilentScream on 01.12.2012 at 21:33

Had never listened to these bands, but what I'm hearing so far is damn good. Thanks Jooe.

My pleasure.
----
BreadGod
Captain Virgin

02.12.2012 at 02:57
My favorite of these bands is Muknal. They sound so dark and evil.
----
Death Metal Bread
MAH BLAAGH
Quote:
Clearly your a virgin, go join captain virgin and the virginteers , the power is your lol
!J.O.O.E.!

02.12.2012 at 03:53
Written by BreadGod on 02.12.2012 at 02:57

My favorite of these bands is Muknal. They sound so dark and evil.

Yeah Muknal have an incredible sound. I hope it doesn't change too much on future records.
----
Vombatus
Trve Wombat

02.12.2012 at 05:03
I only know Arizmenda, and they be mindblowing.

I will know delve deeper into the realms ov kvltness... Odz Manouk sounding quite awesome right now.
spirit_inblack
harshhead

31.12.2012 at 16:57
I really love BTC and Rhinocervs because of the mysterious nature of the music, along with the fact that the music is so lo-fi and interesting - no two bands are really that alike, and they all incorporate some sort of unique flair in their music whilst retaining the raw and primitive recording sound. Heck, Rhinocervs doesn't even let us know which band is performing on a particular release. It helps that most of the releases are on cassette (my favorite format) and vinyl, and not-so-often on cd, which reinforces the analog nature and ethos of the collective and appeals to me (though, I do like the cd versions). Unfortunately, I have not directly ordered from the label, and I don't think I would, considering the stories of rip-offs and extremely late shipping times. When the stuff is through another distro, I'll definitely buy the tapes, though. I've listened to quite a lot of the stuff, and have the Odz Manouk and Tukaaria re-issues on Profound Lore, which are absolutely phenomenal. More of this stuff deserves treatment like that (I'd like to see a double/triple-disc re-issue of the two Arizmenda albums with some bonus material).

My favorite from the collective is probably Dolovotre for their psychedelic-LLN vibe, but I have never been disappointed by any of these bands - as I said, each brings something new and interesting to the table. I also like Axeman ("metnal" is probably my favorite BTC cut), Arizmenda, The Haunting Presence, Muknal, Volahn, Kallathon, and Blue Hummingbird on the Left quite a lot.

EDIT: 666th post
squidrick420

24.01.2013 at 02:08
I gotta say that i am beyond impressed with these bands, i think that choosing a favorite out of these would be nearly impossible
!J.O.O.E.!

18.06.2013 at 19:54
Seems to be a collection of new tracks on a compilation release from Crepusculo Negro. Not entirely sure if these are all the songs it'll contain but the ones available are damn good!

Listen
----
BreadGod
Captain Virgin

15.07.2013 at 15:54
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 18.06.2013 at 19:54

Seems to be a collection of new tracks on a compilation release from Crepusculo Negro. Not entirely sure if these are all the songs it'll contain but the ones available are damn good!

Listen

I was wondering what the BTC was up to. I thought they just up and vanished.
----
Death Metal Bread
MAH BLAAGH
Quote:
Clearly your a virgin, go join captain virgin and the virginteers , the power is your lol
spirit_inblack
harshhead

23.07.2013 at 00:11
I suppose they've been busy with RH, live shows, and of course, making us all some brilliant new music so we can order it from them and never receive it (source - numerous accounts of various individuals who have ordered directly from them). I hope some reliable distros get the tapes when they hit. I guess if Ajna has copies of all three formats it's being released on, there should be no risk in spending the cash, since I really want these.
!J.O.O.E.!

13.02.2014 at 12:16
Missed out an a Crepusculo Negro release last year. Sounds like an absolute stonker too! Not surprising seeing as it's headed by one of the members of Muknal.

----
!J.O.O.E.!

26.03.2014 at 21:03
Arizmenda are back and sounding amazing: https://crepusculonegro.bandcamp.com/track/scabbed-knees-rope-and-vaseline
----

Advertise on Metal Storm

Login or register to post here.