Metal Storm logo
The Axis of Perdition

29.11.2006 - 19:01
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
originally posted here: http://hospitallounge.proboards26.com/index.cgi?board=talk&action=display&thread=1164810052

Quote:
[Michael Blenkarn]:

The Axis of Perdition, currently lacking someone to stop them, will be releasing not ONE but a scandalous and unacceptable TWO albums within the next 18 months, in a move aimed to infuriate detractors and cause our chronic (g)listeners to book into psychiatric care en masse.

The next phase of the band's degradation will comprise a single story arc over two complementary albums, each unwisely lifting the lid on a different side of the band's irredeemably diseased psyche.
Continuity will be maintained by the presence of talented local actor Leslie Simpson ("Dog Soldiers", "The Descent"), providing dismayed commentary and fevered narrative to the band's collective wrong, burying the notion of a "sample" in the world of TAOP permanently.

The first new stain on reality will arrive in the malformed shape of "Grief Of The Unclean" in Spring 2007, regrettably followed by its hideous sister-album "Tenements Of The Anointed Flesh" in Spring 2008.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
29.11.2006 - 19:22
Damnated
Churchburner
oh, only in 2008 nevertheless, some good news. looking forward to these albums.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
30.11.2006 - 17:17
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
i think you misread it. the second of the two albums is expected for 2008. the first one will be out in a few months it seems.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
30.11.2006 - 18:34
Damnated
Churchburner
no. I was saying that it's too bad that second one only comes out in '08. I mean they could realese a double album. like Therion's Lemuria and Sirius B
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
02.12.2006 - 05:50
Zombie, M.D.

Its about time theese guys are going to release something new. Their last album was pure hell.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
07.04.2007 - 07:22
Prugor
Mr. Offensive
Aye, that it was. Looking forward to this... yes... yes I am.
----
Ah... Girl look at that body, Ah... I work out
07.04.2007 - 07:35
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Good to see you back mr. offensive

by my side, you can add me to the fanboy club
13.05.2007 - 18:20
Basso
Account deleted
Just heard this band for the first time and this is really impressive. This band basicly sound like Silent Hill would do if it was in audio format!
22.02.2008 - 21:19
NOИ

woah! good news, I was a fan of this band, but they completely disappear after their last album.
17.05.2010 - 18:35
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I really need to listen to Urfe again, I probably dismissed it too quickly. Meanwhile, more albums please. I'm also amazed how often I forget how brilliant 'Deleted Scenes...' is. Reminds me of a combination of all Blut aus Nord's experimental works crammed into one album. Twisted.
17.05.2010 - 19:43
The Turbanator

Deleted Scenes.. is their best work. I still can't get the hang of 'Urfe' and ' The Ichneumon Method (And Less Welcome Techniques)'.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
17.05.2010 - 19:46
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by The Turbanator on 17.05.2010 at 19:43

Deleted Scenes.. is their best work. I still can't get the hang of 'Urfe' and ' The Ichneumon Method (And Less Welcome Techniques)'.

I'm going through Urfe again and really liking it this time around. I think I'd enjoy it even more if they made the lyrics available to read as I could clearly follow the story. That aside, the music itself is of an unbelievable quality.
17.05.2010 - 20:02
The Turbanator

Written by Guest on 17.05.2010 at 19:46

Written by The Turbanator on 17.05.2010 at 19:43

I'm going through Urfe again and really liking it this time around. I think I'd enjoy it even more if they made the lyrics available to read as I could clearly follow the story. That aside, the music itself is of an unbelievable quality.

Maybe I should try listening to it again.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
17.05.2010 - 20:14
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by The Turbanator on 17.05.2010 at 20:02

Maybe I should try listening to it again.

I think to appreciate it you have to sit down and actually listen to the words, it's not something I'm used to as non-lyric fan. The story is really graphic and bleak and paints an amazing picture of a journey through an urban nightmare.
05.06.2010 - 00:34
Got Mayhem?

Ah, I started the other thread because this wasn't listed under the bands forum topics...is there a way to fix that?

Actually, isn't this more news than anything?
----
05.06.2010 - 00:40
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Got Mayhem? on 05.06.2010 at 00:34

Ah, I started the other thread because this wasn't listed under the bands forum topics...is there a way to fix that?

Well yeah, but it's from '06. I've changed the topic title to reflect the topic's general discussion character, and I've linked it to the bands profile.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
05.06.2010 - 00:41
Got Mayhem?

Written by Lucas on 05.06.2010 at 00:40

Well yeah, but it's from '06. I've changed the topic title to reflect the topic's general discussion character, and I've linked it to the bands profile.

Ah, alright then, thanks.
----
05.06.2010 - 00:42
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted

I think I've seen the guy who made the thread amend the titles when stuff with the bands happens.
05.06.2010 - 00:45
Got Mayhem?

Yea it makes sense now. Awesome band though, It's one of those cases where I can't figure out how I hadn't heard of them before.
----
05.06.2010 - 00:49
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Got Mayhem? on 05.06.2010 at 00:45

Yea it makes sense now. Awesome band though, It's one of those cases where I can't figure out how I hadn't heard of them before.

They're surprisingly unknown, 6000 listeners on Last.fm. Forest of Stars have more and they've just only released their sophomore album. Remember reading that Blut Aus Nord are fans of these guys: TAoP's EP (the Xuchilbara one or whatever it's called) was supposed to be a split with them. Shame it fell through really, might have got them a few more listeners.
05.06.2010 - 00:56
Got Mayhem?

Written by Guest on 05.06.2010 at 00:49

Written by Got Mayhem? on 05.06.2010 at 00:45

They're surprisingly unknown, 6000 listeners on Last.fm. Forest of Stars have more and they've just only released their sophomore album. Remember reading that Blut Aus Nord are fans of these guys: TAoP's EP (the Xchilbaba one or whatever it's called) was supposed to be a split with them. Shame it fell through really, might have got them a few more listeners.

Yea, that's all a darn shame. They really fit well into the whole DSO/ Blut Aus Nord camp too. I'll definitely be spreading the word about these guys from now on though.
----
05.06.2010 - 20:33
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Someone was kind enough to transcribe the lyrics to Urfe:

http://www.last.fm/user/ThanatosUK/journal/2010/05/31/3ocfwh_the_axis_of_perdition%3A_urfe_-_the_great_unwashed
14.06.2010 - 11:42
Prugor
Mr. Offensive
Gave the latest album a listen, that double album thing, and it was a let down.
----
Ah... Girl look at that body, Ah... I work out
15.06.2010 - 00:58
-tom-
Mr FancyPants

TAoP's EP (the Xuchilbara one or whatever it's called) was supposed to be a split with them. Shame it fell through really, might have got them a few more listeners.

Would have been better on one CD. Saved some money and could have skipped the Blut Aus Nord tracks anyway. Dull crap. The music is exactly as it would have been anyway so you can just listen to the BAN CD and then TAOP.
----

Read Watchmen.
15.06.2010 - 12:00
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by -tom- on 15.06.2010 at 00:58

TAoP's EP (the Xuchilbara one or whatever it's called) was supposed to be a split with them. Shame it fell through really, might have got them a few more listeners.

Would have been better on one CD. Saved some money and could have skipped the Blut Aus Nord tracks anyway. Dull crap. The music is exactly as it would have been anyway so you can just listen to the BAN CD and then TAOP.

Regardless, TAoP would have still probably benefited from a split with a band many times better known than they are. Even if Decorporation was worthless.
01.05.2013 - 20:56
mz

I copy the same thing I posted on " The Ichneumon Method (And Less Welcome Techniques)" page:
"I have tried this album twice but could not listen to more than two songs due to extremely and unpleasantly sharp sound. Is it really the production of this album or I should blame my downloaded version?"
So, what to do now? In theory, I should definitely love this band as they compared to BaN, Reverence, GTT and even Anaal Nathrakh. I do not want to miss these guys just because of bad sound quality.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
07.05.2013 - 23:57
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by mz on 01.05.2013 at 20:56

I copy the same thing I posted on " The Ichneumon Method (And Less Welcome Techniques)" page:
"I have tried this album twice but could not listen to more than two songs due to extremely and unpleasantly sharp sound. Is it really the production of this album or I should blame my downloaded version?"
So, what to do now? In theory, I should definitely love this band as they compared to BaN, Reverence, GTT and even Anaal Nathrakh. I do not want to miss these guys just because of bad sound quality.

Youtube quality aside, this is what the album sounds like. If the version you heard sounds like this then it's not to do with poor sound quality on the one you heard.

14.05.2013 - 17:09
Aseliot

Lol to me it's the only good thing the axis of perdition ever made, it is actually legendary in my book. The thing is that the other albums sound nothing alike this one which is kind of a let down because i really hoped to hear more of this industrial horror stuff. And i just don't really like ambient.
----
Anál nathrach,
orth' bháis's bethad,
do chél dénmha
17.09.2013 - 00:55
Vombatus
Potorro
Sooooo, looks like these guys split up (according to MA, and some stuff on last fm with message from members). Shame, though they left some pretty sick music behind.